When do I get to wear...?

Started by Nomex Maximus, July 29, 2007, 02:02:00 AM

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 02, 2007, 07:00:19 PM
Instead of the "traditional" patches (pluto et al) for ES, why not just replace all that with a patch version of this...

Sans the stars denoting track level.  It's an already existing design that looks a bit les cartoony.  I might simplify it, keep the shape and keep the red and have a "E" and an "S" within the silver triangle.

I like the idea of making a patch for the ES track. Something along the lines of the Safety, and Communicator patches would be fitting. Safety and Comm are specialties that do duty on missions. One for an ES track guy would be nice too. With a group of people that are all wearing the Pluto, how do you tell the guy actually in the ES specialty track?

Well I do agree an ES specialty track patch would be a good thing too.  But that could be worn like the safety can comm patches on the left pocket.  Remember on missions the safety guy is at mission base as are the mission radio operators.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Major Carrales

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 02, 2007, 07:04:13 PM
It's not a good idea to use the specialty badge for a patch as it's to show which specialty track you are in for the Profesional development.  I myself like the "Pluto" patch and don't think it looks that cartoony.  I've seen quite a number of Firefighter patches who have used many iconic cartoon characters on their patches.

The idea came from this patch...

The patch would only be based on the ES badge, but be much simpler.  The whole argument is really moot since at a SARex the only people participating should be GES certified and the patch only idenfities those that have advanced beyond trainee status.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Ok, my bad I thought you meant the specialty badge just without the level insignia.   

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Major Carrales

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 02, 2007, 07:48:44 PM
Ok, my bad I thought you meant the specialty badge just without the level insignia.   

No harm done, the "badges" indicates something radically different than the ES patch would. 
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Nomex Maximus

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

The badges are for your specialty track(s).  They're worn on the blues as well as the grey and whites as well as our blues and whites.  The patches are for the field and utility uniforms.  Very few specialty tracks have patches.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Camas

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 02:00:01 AM
Very few specialty tracks have patches.
To my knowledge there are only two; communications and safety.

JC004

The badges are for your specialty track(s).  They're worn on the blues as well as the grey and whites as well as our blues and whites.  The patches are for the field and utility uniforms.  Very few specialty tracks have patches.

and on the purple and whites (oops, I exposed a surprise item from the New Business agenda for the NB meeting...)

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2007, 04:56:41 AM

and on the purple and whites (oops, I exposed a surprise item from the New Business agenda for the NB meeting...)

You didn't tell me!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Didn't I tell you to tell me if you were going to do anything like this >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I didn't get to cut your orders for you. . . .  at least until you get promoted to Supreme Commander  ;) Then I'll just use the nudes to blackmail ahh. . .ummm. . . . "information"  to convince you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

I just found out!  I accidentally discovered it while hacking into the Black Van's laptop.

Now I thought the new CAP distinctives were going to be pinstriped pants with a bright red shirt and a pokadot tie.  Big floppy shoes optional.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 01:33:41 PM
Now I thought the new CAP distinctives were going to be pinstriped pants with a bright red shirt and a pokadot tie.  Big floppy shoes optional.

Coming at the next NEC meeting...

davedove

Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2007, 04:54:33 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 01:33:41 PM

Coming at the next NEC meeting...

I understand that you have to qualify to wear the big floppy shoes. :P
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Yes, from what I hear qualifications are big red nose and bright colored hair.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

addo1

I know this topic is old, but I really did not want to start a new topic, so here I go.

I have pretty much every qualification that a cadet under 18 is allowed to have, so my question is not if I am qualified to wear it, but what process do I need to go through to wear it.  Is there a certain form that is to be signed before it is worn?  Does it matter if you wear the T-34 or the Pluto?  Also, where does it get worn on the uniform saying that the spot above my nameplate is filled?  Pardon me for bringing up an old thread, but I thought this would be the best place.  Thank you for your help.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

arajca

1. T-34 or Pluto is your choice. It is only worn on the bdu and it is the only item worn on the bdu in that location.

2. What are you wearing above the nameplate and on what uniform?

3. If a member can wear more than one item in a location, the member must choose one and leave the others off. There is no other place to wear them.

addo1

Quote from: arajca on October 05, 2008, 12:06:46 AM
1. T-34 or Pluto is your choice.

2. What are you wearing above the nameplate and on what uniform?

3. If a member can wear more than one item in a location, the member must choose one and leave the others off. There is no other place to wear them.

On my BDUs I have the Ground Team Member badge.  I have seen people that have the GTM badge above their nameplates wear the general emergency services patch upon their right chest above their nametape...  Is this allowed?
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

IceNine

You must be confused.

GTM, Wings, Chaplain, EMT etc are worn above the Civil Air Patrol Tape on the BDU's (left breast)

The only thing authorized above the Nametape on the BDU's is the ES patch (right breast).

You can wear it, there are no forms you just have to be able to prove (101 is acceptable) that you are qualified in GES, and one additional specialty. Command approval for the specialty serves as command approval for the appropriate accouterments
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

addo1

Quote from: IceNine on October 05, 2008, 12:40:10 AM
You must be confused.

GTM, Wings, Chaplain, EMT etc are worn above the Civil Air Patrol Tape on the BDU's (left breast)

The only thing authorized above the Nametape on the BDU's is the ES patch (right breast).

You can wear it, there are no forms you just have to be able to prove (101 is acceptable) that you are qualified in GES, and one additional specialty. Command approval for the specialty serves as command approval for the appropriate accouterments
Thank you.  This answers my question.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP