When do I get to wear...?

Started by Nomex Maximus, July 29, 2007, 02:02:00 AM

Nomex Maximus

I am a new senior member of CAP. I am trying to get a BBDU and a green flightsuit  uniform together. I am unclear about when I get to wear:

1) the pluto ES patch and

2) pilot wings.

Can someone please help me out here?

Thanks

John Babrick
SMWOG (i.e, peon) GLR-MI-190
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

arajca

1) Emergency Service patch, aka Pluto patch, you get to wear AFTER becoming qualified in an ES specialty. GES is not an ES specialty.
Quote from: CAPR 35-63. Requirements for Award of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.

2)Complete the following:
Quote from: CAPR 60-1c. CAP Pilot. The following basic requirements must be met to be qualified as a CAP pilot in CAP aircraft:
1) Be an active CAP member at least 17 years of age (16 years of age for CAP glider pilots).
2) Possess a valid FAA private, commercial or airline transport pilot certificate.
3) Possess a class III or higher medical certificate (not required for gliders).
4) Possess a current flight review IAW FAR 61.56.
5) Satis factorily complete a CAPF 5 flight check in an aircraft (in an appropriate group) within the preceding 12 months.
6) Complete an annual CAPF 5 written examination and annual aircraft questionnaires (attachments 3 and 4) for each aircraft authorized to fly.

AlphaSigOU

[redacted] - arajca beat me to it. No sense in duplicating.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

:(  Don't wear pluto.  Every time you do, a kitten dies.

O-Rex

I think that the "Pluto" patch is totally unecessary: it's intended purpose is to tell the world "I'm operational."

I would think that a member's presence at SAR/DR/whatever event says jut that.

arajca

Not if they're a trainee or just have GES or want to see what happens at a mission.

JC004

Quote from: O-Rex on July 29, 2007, 02:57:55 PM
I think that the "Pluto" patch is totally unecessary: it's intended purpose is to tell the world "I'm operational."

I would think that a member's presence at SAR/DR/whatever event says jut that.

Other than being unnecessary, does it project an image of professionalism to an outside audience who doesn't understand the context...say to an EMA person, the news media, political critters... 

I've done a lot of witness interviews and that kind of stuff. Do I want my first impression to be "Hi, I'm here from the Disney(R) Army and we understand that you made an illegal copy of the Bambi DVD..."??

RiverAux

I agree. I'm usually all for keeping up traditions, but that particular patch does nothing to help CAP at all in terms of image.  We, more than others, need to make a strong first impression, and that patch just hurts us. 

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on July 29, 2007, 05:18:03 PM
I agree. I'm usually all for keeping up traditions, but that particular patch does nothing to help CAP at all in terms of image.  We, more than others, need to make a strong first impression, and that patch just hurts us. 

What about the alternate ES patch...

Is not this still kosher to wear?

Personally, I would not wear the CAT EYED "Pluto Patch," but I don't think it looks that bad for Cadets.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 29, 2007, 06:05:46 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on July 29, 2007, 05:18:03 PM

What about the alternate ES patch...

Is not this still kosher to wear?

Personally, I would not wear the CAT EYED "Pluto Patch," but I don't think it looks that bad for Cadets.

Still kosher to wear the T-34 ES patch, Maj. C. No sunset date on it yet. I wear the T-34 patch on my flight suit/utilities.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RiverAux

I've got no problems with the plane patch.

Pylon

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd really prefer to the Pluto/T-34 ES patches get treated just like every other special, non-unit, non-wing patch.  We have a place on the uniforms (shoulder for flight suits, pocket for field uniforms) for the "everything else" patches:  NCSAs, NESA/NGSAR, recruiting, radiological monitoring, Stan/Eval, proficient pilot, etc.  For some reason, the ES patches are treated entirely different and get a weird, non-standard spot to be placed.  In fact, the odd-ball "floating" space we plop the ES patch on the flight suit just looks out of place, nonwithstanding that brother blue puts nothing there on their zoom bags.

Is there anybody opposed to the idea of treating the ES patches like every other optional patch? 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

Nomex Maximus

I am still having trouble understanding what is what.

I am logged into e-services and am looking at my SQTR (I think). It lists

GES (no expire)
MS 6/2010

But CAPR 35-6 talks about the patch being "awarded". I have heard nothing yet about an award being in the works - can I just wear the patch or is there some application process that still needs to be followed?

Same question about the CAP Pilot wings. If I pass the checkride on Tuesday, do I go home and sew on wings or do I need to wait until they are awarded somehow?

Some more questions. Is the ES badge worn on the BBDU? In addition to the ES patch ? This all is so complicated - when I was in the Army many years ago they just handed me a uniform and said, "wear this." Now, I have a BBDU package from The Hock and I have to figure out what goes where and how to get it on - and I don't know how to sew.

Thanks in advance

John Babrick

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

Pylon

Hey John,

CAPM 39-1, CAP Uniform Manual (available for download at www.cap.gov/pubs) will show you what goes where on the Blue CAP Distinctive Field Uniform and even has pictures, to boot!  :)

As for the patches, wings, GT badges, etc. -- once you meet the requirements set forth for them (in CAPR 35-6, Aeronautical Ratings, Emergency Services Patch and Badges, and Ground Team Badges) you can head home and sew/pin them on.  Occasionally you may find a unit who prefers to pin them on in an official ceremony, but that's fairly rare and I'm sure they'd already have let you know if that's the case.

The ES patches (either the oval one with the T-34 aircraft, or the round one with Pluto the dispatcher dog on it) are worn on both the "Blue BDUs", regular BDUs, and the flight suit.  Placement can be found in CAPM 39-1 for all three.

The ES badge (the red, shield-shaped pin) is for those who achieve a Technician Specialty rating as an Emergency Services Officer as part of their professional development track... totally different ball game.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jb512

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 29, 2007, 11:38:52 PM
I am still having trouble understanding what is what.

I am logged into e-services and am looking at my SQTR (I think). It lists

GES (no expire)
MS 6/2010

But CAPR 35-6 talks about the patch being "awarded". I have heard nothing yet about an award being in the works - can I just wear the patch or is there some application process that still needs to be followed?

Same question about the CAP Pilot wings. If I pass the checkride on Tuesday, do I go home and sew on wings or do I need to wait until they are awarded somehow?

Some more questions. Is the ES badge worn on the BBDU? In addition to the ES patch ? This all is so complicated - when I was in the Army many years ago they just handed me a uniform and said, "wear this." Now, I have a BBDU package from The Hock and I have to figure out what goes where and how to get it on - and I don't know how to sew.

Thanks in advance

John Babrick

Uhh, yeah.  Clarity doesn't seem to be a strong point for a lot of things here, especially if you're new.

Your MS serves as your ES qualification for the Pluto/Airplane patch so you can wear that now.

You can't wear the ES badge until you meet the qualifications listed for that specific badge.

In the real world people would care enough to present you with your wings since that's a pretty big achievement.  Some squadrons will award it to you, others won't and your only recourse is to wait till it shows up in eservices, sew it on all alone with a 6-pack, and then salute yourself.

;)

JohnKachenmeister

Awarding the wings is a big deal, IF you went through flight training.  If you came in as a pilot, and passed a checkride, I don't see that as an occasion of major ceremony.  Congratulations and handshakes all around, but not a special formation. 

I don't wear either of the ES patches.  I think they are both outdated.

I wear my wings, my GTL badge (which recently became a GBD badge, but Vanguard has not "Approved" the award yet), the flag, the wing patch, my name, and CAP's name (subject to change).
Another former CAP officer

AlphaSigOU

You're qualified for the 'Pluto' or 'T-34' patch, per CAPR 35-6. To doublecheck (it's not awarded automatically, log onto eServices, then to 'My Operations Qualifications' Click on the 'Ops Quals - Emergency Services' tab. Under Single Person Achievement it should list CAP ES Awards (CAPR 35-6), if not, click 'Edit' and input the date of you MS qual and submit. Approval should be painless, if the chain of command is on the ball.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

floridacyclist

As best I can tell, The ES patch should still be awarded on a CAPF2a or Personnel Authorization. The new language is rather vague, but it does refer to "Awards requests will automatically be generated when requirements for qualifications or certifications are earned and posted in the national headquarters qualification and certification system".

Awards request sounds an awful lot like a CAPF2a to me, which is how it was spelled out in the old regs.

Note that in many wings (inc FL), approval authority for this award has been delegated to the Group or Squadron CC, rather than the Wing CC as specified in the reg - http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_082203095100.pdf

Incidentally, I do encourage folks to wear it if they have it in order to give newbies something visible to work toward. I still prefer the T-34 patch even if the other is a facsimile of the original 1950s ES patch with a pic of a Birddog (as in O-1)...it still looks like Pluto.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Nomex Maximus

How about another uniform question -

Can I wear the BBDU without the nametape? One of the charts in the back of CAPM39 seemed to make it sounds like it was optional... the reason I ask is that the Hock is not sending the tape for another 3 weeks and I really hate wearing the golf shirt uniform that my squadron prefers.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

LtCol Hooligan

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 30, 2007, 05:04:41 PM
Can I wear the BBDU without the nametape? One of the charts in the back of CAPM39 seemed to make it sounds like it was optional... the reason I ask is that the Hock is not sending the tape for another 3 weeks and I really hate wearing the golf shirt uniform that my squadron prefers.

I say no- you should not wear any uniform incomplete.  It looks unprofessional and should not be done.  Since you have an alternate uniform, I recommend wearing that until your patches arrive.  CAPM 39-1 Reads:

3. Cloth Name Tape: Ultramarine blue with white letters, worn centered immediately above the right breast pocket (only last name will be used). Tape will be the width of the pocket with raw ends folded under.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

Hawk200

You can get nametapes from a few different companies. They just won't make a "Civil Air Patrol" tape. Spur, and 1-800-NAMETAPE come to mind. With those, if you ordered today, they'd be in your mailbox Friday. There are a few others, too.

They won't make a CAP specific tape for you, they got C&D letters from National.

alamrcn

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 29, 2007, 06:05:46 PMPersonally, I would not wear the CAT EYED "Pluto Patch," but I don't think it looks that bad for Cadets.

The Bookstore initially got it right... kinda. The design introduced at the end of the last decade clearly had "B" shaped eyes, like that of version 2 of the original "Bird Dog patch in the 60s. The first dog had round eye balls, and not sure why they changed to the letter "B"... maybe Lt Col Shaw can offer a guess. Between the Bookstore and the Hock Shop, the "B" quickly formed into a line with two bumps, and then into a crescent moon shape resembling a cat's eyes... icky!

So what do we do?

1. Leave it like it is and those that want to wear it can, and those that don't do not.
2. Design and propose a new, super cool, highspeed ES Specialty qualification patch and open it up to the ridicule of...
   A.  Not another uniform change!
       i.  I like the old one better.
       ii.  Why do we need another patch?
       iii.  I hate patches!
           a.  Kill it.
           b.  KILL ALL the patches!
           c.  Die, DIe, DIE!!!!!!!
   B.  It's the wrong...
       i.  shape according to the USAF regs.
       ii.  size to fit on Oompa Loompa-size BDUs.
       iii.  location on the uniform.
   C.  It makes us look too much like...
       i.  the police.
       ii.  the real military.
       iii.  the Boy/Girl Scouts.
3.  Vanguard will never get it in anyway, so why bother.

Personally I would LOVE to see some really nice patch that we can be proud to wear - as much as the uniform itself. Without some kind of unique and varied patches among our members, we end up wearing hunting cloths - and THAT is unprofessional. Unfortunately, I think option 3 is the most likely candidate right now.

Oh yeah, don't order your tapes - Civil Air Patrol and Name - from different sources. The chances of getting a match on the shade of the blue webing or size and font of the white letters is astronomical!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

MIKE

No, all the way on or all the way off.
Mike Johnston

JohnKachenmeister

I don't think you can.  There are a LOT of problems with some of the tables in 39-1, and there are quite a few conflicts in information provided.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: floridacyclist on July 30, 2007, 03:42:54 PM
As best I can tell, The ES patch should still be awarded on a CAPF2a or Personnel Authorization. The new language is rather vague, but it does refer to "Awards requests will automatically be generated when requirements for qualifications or certifications are earned and posted in the national headquarters qualification and certification system".

Awards request sounds an awful lot like a CAPF2a to me, which is how it was spelled out in the old regs.

Note that in many wings (inc FL), approval authority for this award has been delegated to the Group or Squadron CC, rather than the Wing CC as specified in the reg - http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_082203095100.pdf

Incidentally, I do encourage folks to wear it if they have it in order to give newbies something visible to work toward. I still prefer the T-34 patch even if the other is a facsimile of the original 1950s ES patch with a pic of a Birddog (as in O-1)...it still looks like Pluto.

The T-34 was one of the WORST SAR platforms we ever had.  It had lousy downward visibility, it sucked gas like it was an Arab oil sheikh, it was noisy, and had terrible low-speed performance.  Why it is still on an authorized patch after we got rid of them is beyond me.  Pluto and bird dogs are a reference to the O-1, which was a far better aircraft for SAR.  Nobody wears cartoon patches anymore, though.  They fell out of favor by the late 1960's.

JC004

Quote from: alamrcn on July 30, 2007, 06:12:54 PM
           c.  Die, DIe, DIE!!!!!!!

yeah...that one.

jb512

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 29, 2007, 06:05:46 PMPersonally, I would not wear the CAT EYED "Pluto Patch," but I don't think it looks that bad for Cadets.

The Bookstore initially got it right... kinda. The design introduced at the end of the last decade clearly had "B" shaped eyes, like that of version 2 of the original "Bird Dog patch in the 60s. The first dog had round eye balls, and not sure why they changed to the letter "B"... maybe Lt Col Shaw can offer a guess. Between the Bookstore and the Hock Shop, the "B" quickly formed into a line with two bumps, and then into a crescent moon shape resembling a cat's eyes... icky!

So what do we do?

1. Leave it like it is and those that want to wear it can, and those that don't do not.
2. Design and propose a new, super cool, highspeed ES Specialty qualification patch and open it up to the ridicule of...
       iii.  I hate patches!
           a.  Kill it.
           c.  Die, DIe, DIE!!!!!!!
   B.  It's the wrong...
       i.  the police.
       ii.  the real military.

Personally I would LOVE to see some really nice patch that we can be proud to wear - as much as the uniform itself. Without some kind of unique and varied patches among our members, we end up wearing hunting cloths - and THAT is unprofessional. Unfortunately, I think option 3 is the most likely candidate right now.

Oh yeah, don't order your tapes - Civil Air Patrol and Name - from different sources. The chances of getting a match on the shade of the blue webing or size and font of the white letters is astronomical!

-Ace

I like option #2.  About the only patch I really like is the old style command patch for the flight suit that had the CAP under the triangle, and U.S. Air Force Auxiliary in the scroll.  I'll wear that until the day it "expires".  We need more along those lines with better color combos, less balloon letters, and fewer bright children's colors.

RogueLeader

Did they tell you that it won't be there for three weeks, or is that what option you chose?  Because if they told you three weeks, that's it.  If the option that you chose specified three weeks, that is just where your priority lies.
I had ordered a set with the three week option, but the tapes were mailed like two days after the rest.  If they are slow, they make them right away, If they are swamped, you wait while those spending more money are put ahead of you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: jaybird512 on July 31, 2007, 01:37:57 AM

So what do we do?

iii.  I hate patches!
           a.  Kill it.
           c.  Die, DIe, DIE!!!!!!!
   B.  It's the wrong...
       i.  the police.
       ii.  the real military.

-Ace

I like option #2.  About the only patch I really like is the old style command patch for the flight suit that had the CAP under the triangle, and U.S. Air Force Auxiliary in the scroll.  I'll wear that until the day it "expires".  We need more along those lines with better color combos, less balloon letters, and fewer bright children's colors.

If I thought I could get away with it, I would wear the old-style Auxiliary command patch until I "Expire."

alamrcn

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on July 31, 2007, 04:54:57 AMIf I thought I could get away with it, I would wear the old-style Auxiliary command patch until I "Expire."

Well, statistically - depending on your lifestyle - you have a good chance of expiring before such a termination date is set... if ever. Neither the old T-34 ES patch or large-size Comm patch have end wear dates.

I have and can still wear the NEAT pocket patch. Remember these?

I believe that either version is still acceptable. The text was removed at the end of the 80's per member request, but the first version was never "replaced" per say - just stopped being made.

Years from now, maybe no one would really notice because they forgot there were two styles to begin with. And those that do notice and remember might wish they had one too!

Take a look at this un-remarkable historical switch...

A couple years ago, you would never have picked out the difference between the older and newer versions. Even if two people with different patches were standing side-by-side, your mind just draws the conclusion that the patches are the same. S'Ok though, the second patch never officially "replaced" the first patch that I've heard - looks like it just happened.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

alamrcn

How come my posts are always the thread killer?  :'(

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Nametape is still needed on the BBDU's.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

ColonelJack

Quote from: MIKE on August 02, 2007, 03:16:08 PM
We hate patches.  ;D

"Patches?  We don't need no steenking patches!"

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

the one bad thing about so many patches, the tailor knows me by name now and it's not my real name either.  it's something like, "obsurd number of patches" guy.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Major Carrales

Instead of the "traditional" patches (pluto et al) for ES, why not just replace all that with a patch version of this...

Sans the stars denoting track level.  It's an already existing design that looks a bit les cartoony.  I might simplify it, keep the shape and keep the red and have a "E" and an "S" within the silver triangle.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

MIKE

For ES, the patch and badge have different requirements.
Mike Johnston

It's not a good idea to use the specialty badge for a patch as it's to show which specialty track you are in for the Profesional development.  I myself like the "Pluto" patch and don't think it looks that cartoony.  I've seen quite a number of Firefighter patches who have used many iconic cartoon characters on their patches.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 02, 2007, 07:00:19 PM
Instead of the "traditional" patches (pluto et al) for ES, why not just replace all that with a patch version of this...

Sans the stars denoting track level.  It's an already existing design that looks a bit les cartoony.  I might simplify it, keep the shape and keep the red and have a "E" and an "S" within the silver triangle.

I like the idea of making a patch for the ES track. Something along the lines of the Safety, and Communicator patches would be fitting. Safety and Comm are specialties that do duty on missions. One for an ES track guy would be nice too. With a group of people that are all wearing the Pluto, how do you tell the guy actually in the ES specialty track?

Well I do agree an ES specialty track patch would be a good thing too.  But that could be worn like the safety can comm patches on the left pocket.  Remember on missions the safety guy is at mission base as are the mission radio operators.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Major Carrales

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 02, 2007, 07:04:13 PM
It's not a good idea to use the specialty badge for a patch as it's to show which specialty track you are in for the Profesional development.  I myself like the "Pluto" patch and don't think it looks that cartoony.  I've seen quite a number of Firefighter patches who have used many iconic cartoon characters on their patches.

The idea came from this patch...

The patch would only be based on the ES badge, but be much simpler.  The whole argument is really moot since at a SARex the only people participating should be GES certified and the patch only idenfities those that have advanced beyond trainee status.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Ok, my bad I thought you meant the specialty badge just without the level insignia.   

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Major Carrales

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 02, 2007, 07:48:44 PM
Ok, my bad I thought you meant the specialty badge just without the level insignia.   

No harm done, the "badges" indicates something radically different than the ES patch would. 

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Nomex Maximus

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

The badges are for your specialty track(s).  They're worn on the blues as well as the grey and whites as well as our blues and whites.  The patches are for the field and utility uniforms.  Very few specialty tracks have patches.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Camas

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 02:00:01 AM
Very few specialty tracks have patches.
To my knowledge there are only two; communications and safety.

JC004

The badges are for your specialty track(s).  They're worn on the blues as well as the grey and whites as well as our blues and whites.  The patches are for the field and utility uniforms.  Very few specialty tracks have patches.

and on the purple and whites (oops, I exposed a surprise item from the New Business agenda for the NB meeting...)

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2007, 04:56:41 AM

and on the purple and whites (oops, I exposed a surprise item from the New Business agenda for the NB meeting...)

You didn't tell me!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Didn't I tell you to tell me if you were going to do anything like this >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I didn't get to cut your orders for you. . . .  at least until you get promoted to Supreme Commander  ;) Then I'll just use the nudes to blackmail ahh. . .ummm. . . . "information"  to convince you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

I just found out!  I accidentally discovered it while hacking into the Black Van's laptop.

Now I thought the new CAP distinctives were going to be pinstriped pants with a bright red shirt and a pokadot tie.  Big floppy shoes optional.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 01:33:41 PM
Now I thought the new CAP distinctives were going to be pinstriped pants with a bright red shirt and a pokadot tie.  Big floppy shoes optional.

Coming at the next NEC meeting...

davedove

Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2007, 04:54:33 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 03, 2007, 01:33:41 PM

Coming at the next NEC meeting...

I understand that you have to qualify to wear the big floppy shoes. :P
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Yes, from what I hear qualifications are big red nose and bright colored hair.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

addo1

I know this topic is old, but I really did not want to start a new topic, so here I go.

I have pretty much every qualification that a cadet under 18 is allowed to have, so my question is not if I am qualified to wear it, but what process do I need to go through to wear it.  Is there a certain form that is to be signed before it is worn?  Does it matter if you wear the T-34 or the Pluto?  Also, where does it get worn on the uniform saying that the spot above my nameplate is filled?  Pardon me for bringing up an old thread, but I thought this would be the best place.  Thank you for your help.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

arajca

1. T-34 or Pluto is your choice. It is only worn on the bdu and it is the only item worn on the bdu in that location.

2. What are you wearing above the nameplate and on what uniform?

3. If a member can wear more than one item in a location, the member must choose one and leave the others off. There is no other place to wear them.

addo1

Quote from: arajca on October 05, 2008, 12:06:46 AM
1. T-34 or Pluto is your choice.

2. What are you wearing above the nameplate and on what uniform?

3. If a member can wear more than one item in a location, the member must choose one and leave the others off. There is no other place to wear them.

On my BDUs I have the Ground Team Member badge.  I have seen people that have the GTM badge above their nameplates wear the general emergency services patch upon their right chest above their nametape...  Is this allowed?
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

IceNine

You must be confused.

GTM, Wings, Chaplain, EMT etc are worn above the Civil Air Patrol Tape on the BDU's (left breast)

The only thing authorized above the Nametape on the BDU's is the ES patch (right breast).

You can wear it, there are no forms you just have to be able to prove (101 is acceptable) that you are qualified in GES, and one additional specialty. Command approval for the specialty serves as command approval for the appropriate accouterments
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

addo1

Quote from: IceNine on October 05, 2008, 12:40:10 AM
You must be confused.

GTM, Wings, Chaplain, EMT etc are worn above the Civil Air Patrol Tape on the BDU's (left breast)

The only thing authorized above the Nametape on the BDU's is the ES patch (right breast).

You can wear it, there are no forms you just have to be able to prove (101 is acceptable) that you are qualified in GES, and one additional specialty. Command approval for the specialty serves as command approval for the appropriate accouterments
Thank you.  This answers my question.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP