Main Menu

Are you on strike?

Started by RiverAux, July 28, 2007, 08:26:02 PM

Are you participating in the so-called CAP Strike Against Corruption?

Yes
No

RiverAux

BillB

It's easy to tell if anyone in your wing is on strike. Turn in paperwork for something and if it takes six months to a year, they are not on strike. If it takes over a year, then they are on strike.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Galahad

Quote from: RiverAux on July 31, 2007, 03:02:08 PM
Are YOU on strike?

I guess my answer would be no.  In my wing information flow is strictly top-down.  If a member were to participate in CAPSAC it's unlikely any of the upper echelon commanders would hear about it. As a concept, strikes are effective only if management believes they will be held accountable by the stockholders for production failures.   

Galahad

Quote from: BillB on July 31, 2007, 03:05:49 PM
It's easy to tell if anyone in your wing is on strike. Turn in paperwork for something and if it takes six months to a year, they are not on strike. If it takes over a year, then they are on strike.

;D  ;D  ;D

RiverAux

Information flow isn't what they're talking about.  They're talking about not going to meetings, not sending paperwork up to be processed, etc.  

Sgt. Savage

I'll strike except for on meeting night and if there's a mission.... Otherwise, I'll abstain from going to meeting or participating in missions.

Viper QA

I think the whole "strike" idea is ridicules. What is it going to prove? If members take part in this nonsense it is only going to hurt folks who have nothing to do with the reason for it....like cadets.

I think people get too wrapped up in the politics of CAP & forget what CAP is really about. Unless you are a Wing CC or higher you should just forget about all that garbadge!

If you're an ES guy or gal concentrate on your mission. If your involved in Cadet Programs then concentrate on the cadets....they are really what the program is about.

I am currently the CC of a Cadet Squadron & the cadet program is what has kept me in CAP. If I were to "strike" it would only hurt our cadets. What would that accomplish?

Remember why you joined the program & forget about all the political nonsense. Let the individual who started all the "strike" talk just fade away.

Just my 2 cents as a 20+ year CAP member.
J.J. Jones
NY-135

Skyray

I really, really, really wanted to strike, but I got fired.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

a2capt

Quote from: Skyray on August 08, 2007, 07:44:54 PM
I really, really, really wanted to strike, but I got fired.

TP gitcha on the way out?  ;) ;)

Of course, that would mean usurping someone else's command  :o  .. he wouldn't do that.. naw...  ::)

SM-MADDOG

First of all I have to say no we shouldnt go on strike. We serve a country, state and community. But if it turns out wrong things have been done then I think we the membership maybe we can take other options besides a "strike" to make things better. I know this is part of the Air Force CAP but I do think we should be allowed to vote on certain things from uniforms to very important things.

Now as far as this Investigation is going, just bnecause you are being investigated does not mean you have done anything wrong. Even if you are terminated dont mean you done anything wrong. I have a friend that was terminated by a Local PD and the Union Took it to court it was found that not only did he not do anything wrong that people in the City Government Lied about many things amoung other issues. Not only was he hired back the court ordered the city to pay him over 35,000 for back pay and other fees. He then transfered to another Law Enforcement Agency in which he is on the Command Staff now as a LT.

So we must wait to hear the outcome and see some facts. here is one problem I got. I also have this problem in Law Enforcement Issues to.

It was said that Pineda had someone take a test for him. here is my question. Why would such a person do this. Why would this guy take a test for him knowing it may be against rules/reg and who knows maybe even the law. Even if he was ordered why would such a person violate rules and maybe law ?

I heard of a incident where a Col Police Cheif told a Police Officer to rip up a DUI's arrest ticket and papers. Why would an Officer do this. And alot say that you can get in trouble for not going by the cheifs orderes. However it seems to me it is wrong and maybe also illegal to do such a thing. If a Supervisor or commander told you to shoot someone would you do it lol ? I feel that if this is indeed what happended we need to start makeing changes not only in CAP but other public/private safety services. We need to make it clear that not only the commander will get in trouble also the person with lower rank. Wrong is wrong anyway you look at it.

But again we need to wait till the outcome of this "investigation". Dont jump the gun. I was a police explorer 5 yrs and have been a security officer 3 yrs and involved in other groups that provide protection for life/property etc. I know first hand that you cant ju8mp the gun. Just because billy johnson said rob johnson did wrong dont mean he did. Allow the system to plays it roll then we can go from that point.

Stay Safe Everyone and have a great day :)

2nd Lt, CAP