Public Affairs Announcement

Started by Tubacap, July 14, 2007, 01:39:29 PM

Tubacap

Does anyone have a standard PAO announcement for basic encampment or other such NCSA's that they put out to newspapers that they would be willing to share?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

RiverAux

They've got stuff like that in the old public affairs manual. 

Tubacap

Does anyone have a copy of the old PAO manual?  All the links are now dead online.
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on July 14, 2007, 04:14:34 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the old PAO manual?  All the links are now dead online.

Yes, but not for you.  You should go look at that thing I sent you instead.   >:D

For everyone else:
CAPR 190-1, Volume I (PDF, 1.18 MB)
CAPR 190-1, Volume II (PDF, 528 KB)

BillB

Your link to CAPR 190-1 Vol 1 and CAPR 190-1, Vol 2 take you to Volume 1 only. There is no Vol 2.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Tubacap

Interesting.... I just substituted II for I in the url and it led me to the correct volume though.

I however, did read what you sent me... I still like outlook and google, and they are my friends!
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: BillB on July 15, 2007, 02:02:33 AM
Your link to CAPR 190-1 Vol 1 and CAPR 190-1, Vol 2 take you to Volume 1 only. There is no Vol 2.

I fixed it.  Shh.

Quote from: Tubacap on July 15, 2007, 02:37:28 AM
Interesting.... I just substituted II for I in the url and it led me to the correct volume though.

I however, did read what you sent me... I still like outlook and google, and they are my friends!

Death to Outlook.  Yea?  Well, I have Grand Central by Google and you don't so HA!   >:D

Tubacap

Intereting... very interesting.... I shall check this service out.  I have some particular callers who I would love to use the prescreening service on!
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on July 22, 2007, 12:51:15 AM
Intereting... very interesting.... I shall check this service out.  I have some particular callers who I would love to use the prescreening service on!

Yea, see it's like this.  I have a sophisticated routing system that will put me through to you anyway.  You cannot hide from me, I told you.

Anyway, I can send you an invite for Grand Central if you want, since it is in private beta.

JC004

Have got 3 requests for GrandCentral invites so far...still have a couple left if anyone wants one.  PM me if you do...   :)

BillB

One problem you'll have with a "general announcement" type of encampment story is, very few newspapers will run it. The City Editor see's it and says "another kids summer camp story" and it end up in file 13. The story has to have a local tie in for the newspapers coverage area. Without that there is no news value. Having worked as a TV news assignment editor, I've seen the "general announcemnt" type releases and unless it's a very slow news day, they are ignored.
The idea of sending out a news release is to get it published or aired. And if it has no news value, you're wasting your time and the Editors time. Do a release and mention the names of cadets or seniors that are attending the encampment. Localize it, which means you can't send out a general or generic release to every paper in the state.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104