Cadet Duty Positions

Started by Sriracha, June 03, 2018, 11:00:41 PM

Sriracha

Hello All,

I have recently been promoted to Cadet Staff Sergeant, and was given the duty assignment for Cadet AE NCO and Cadet ES NCO. I noticed neither of these are logged on eServices. Are NCO positions supposed to be logged on eServices, or is it supposed to be blank under "Cadet Duty Assignments" until I reach an officer position? I have never seen the list of available options or anything like that, so they may not be able to log it.

I know this appears a little trivial now, but I feel it would be useful, should I ever need to provide documentation of my job in the squadron or if I ever need a comprehensive duty list.

Luis R. Ramos

Your squadron commander should appoint you online for both positions, and they are searchable in the Reports module. And your records would show those positions.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

TheSkyHornet

So, how eServices works from behind-the-scenes...

There is a Personnel section that allows you to assign Cadet Duty Assignments (see picture below). The options are based on the Functional Area of assignment (CAC, Command, Support). The system is interfaced with CAPR 60-1 regarding the eligible duty positions based on one's grade (e.g., a C/SSgt is limited to Element Leader, Flight Commander, or a variety of cadet NCO Support roles).

I have found many people simply forget to go in here and update duty assignments when cadets change positions. It's just one of those administrative things that gets forgotten. There may also be people that don't even know it exists.

What this module does is tacks the duty assignment to your eServices profile, which gives you a record/resume of cadet duties. It really doesn't have much value outside of tracking your experience since you don't receive any "credit" or award for duties held on here. If you ever compile a CAP resume, it's a good reference to use; but keep in mind that it may not be accurate.

I'm guilty on my own end of forgetting to update Element Leaders.

The image below shows how your squadron staff would assign you to a support C/NCO role:

Sriracha

Thank you all, I'll be sure I let my commander know!

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

MSG Mac

For the Cadet Assignments Application there are grade requirements, If the cadet doesn't meet the grade requirements E-services won't accept the assignment.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 05, 2018, 03:13:17 PM
For the Cadet Assignments Application there are grade requirements, If the cadet doesn't meet the grade requirements E-services won't accept the assignment.

eServices was revised, actually, so that it doesn't even offer the input option. For example, a C/SSgt does not even have a drop-down for First Sergeant.