Question on Signature Blocks

Started by ColonelJack, June 27, 2007, 01:50:53 PM

ColonelJack

Okay, here's where my inabilities with computer stuff come to the front.

How do I add my avatar to my signature block?

And answer in English, please.  I don't speak technobabble.   ;D

Thanks,

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

MIKE

I cheated and uploaded the Moderanger tab as an avatar in my profile and then copied it over to my sig by shamelessly stealing Tedda's code.

The better way to do it is to get the image hosted on another site that allows remote linking.... And then steal Tedda's code.  ;D
Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

Jack,

The first step is to create an account with an online photo hosting website. Photobucket is a good one.

http://www.photobucket.com

• fill out all the registration requirements (you don't have to enter a phone number)
  • upload the photo/avatar your using in your signature to your album
  • When the photo is uploaded, there will be several boxes below the photo shown.  Just click on the box that says [img] and it should say "copied" next to your mouse.
  • Come back to this site, and past the copied line into your signature block, the image tags should already be included.

voila, your avatar is in your signature...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

pixelwonk

Quote from: MIKE on June 27, 2007, 02:23:47 PM
I cheated and uploaded the Moderanger tab as an avatar in my profile and then copied it over to my sig by shamelessly stealing Tedda's code.

The better way to do it is to get the image hosted on another site that allows remote linking.... And then steal Tedda's code.  ;D

good idea, ::)  'cept I don't have any code like that in there.

ColonelJack

Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

jimmydeanno

Here it is, the super-duper, amazing guide to putting images into your signature block!

This is the greatest thing since the last post I made! Hopefully it will help someone.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

Quote from: tedda on June 27, 2007, 02:48:57 PMgood idea, ::)  'cept I don't have any code like that in there.

Well... you don't anymore, but you did when I stole it.  :)

Mike Johnston

MIKE

Also... it is much better if you have your pic alongside your sig like mine as it doesn't waste as much sig space.  The goal here should be to have a signature that is not longer than the content of ones post, as I find them annoying.  ;)
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

How do you shrink the size of the pics and move the sig to the side?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

[table][tr][td][img]URL of your sig pic goes here[/img][/td]
[td]Sig text goes here[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Shrinking the pic requires more code be added above.
Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 27, 2007, 04:44:06 PM
How do you shrink the size of the pics and move the sig to the side?

The size of the image can be modified in the actual file without code.  Using something simple like microsoft picture manager, you can set your picture to be a defined # of pixels wide and tall.  You can also compress them to reduce file size (beware, compression removes detail).  So when you change the size in there, when you save it, it will be that size here when you link it.

RogueLeader

Thanks, I figured it out.  Hey Jimmy, your file was very helpful.
thanks to all.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Zen Master Charlie

Hey all, thanks for the good help, I'm testing to see if my new image works!
"A lot of life is a lot of crap"