Main Menu

Waiver request

Started by DrJim, February 03, 2018, 02:14:07 PM

DrJim

As a new senior member pursuing Chaplaincy appointment I am curious as to the process for requesting a waiver for educational requirements since my schools are not on the "approved" list of schools.  Is there a standard form to make such a request? And, to whom should this be addressed?

arajca

Your best bet is to contact your wing chaplain. They would have the information on the process, including waivers if available, regarding the chaplaincy appointments.

DrJim

Yes, probably best source for information. Thanks!!

Fubar

Definitely best to check with the wing chaplain, but if you're looking for anecdotal information, I've heard of three people who tried to get waivers and all three were denied.

SouthernCross

The grating of a waiver is the sole prerogative of the Chief of Chaplain, not the wing or region chaplain, as stated in the current regulation 265-1.

"(4) The Chief of the Chaplain Corps (CAP/HC) may grant a waiver to those who do not meet the graduate study requirement providing they meet all other requirements and present valid documentation of at least 5 years of full time ministry experience as a pastor within their denomination."

Form 35 has a box to be checked if the applicant is seeking a waiver, along with an explanation given for the request.

SarDragon

PM  Chappie on here. He is very in the know.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret