The King is a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Line Pilot!

Started by Spam, May 18, 2017, 06:04:38 PM

Spam

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/world/europe/king-willem-alexander-pilot.html?_r=0

Awesome story, just came out. I had the pleasure of flying KLM in Europe this past FEB, and now wonder if I had a royal at the controls. Even before knowing that, it was a great on time flying experience with great equipment, competent (and hot) stewardesses in the neat blue outfits, cold (and free) Heineken, and tasty real food with the blue and white windmill/Dutch shoe logos on the packaging. Take notes, US carriers, but you'll never duplicate the feat of having a royal PIC.

Your royal PITA,
Spam
;D

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Spam on May 18, 2017, 06:04:38 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/world/europe/king-willem-alexander-pilot.html?_r=0

Awesome story, just came out. I had the pleasure of flying KLM in Europe this past FEB, and now wonder if I had a royal at the controls. Even before knowing that, it was a great on time flying experience with great equipment, competent (and hot) stewardesses in the neat blue outfits, cold (and free) Heineken, and tasty real food with the blue and white windmill/Dutch shoe logos on the packaging. Take notes, US carriers, but you'll never duplicate the feat of having a royal PIC.

Your royal PITA,
Spam
;D

Flew KLM a lot a few years ago.  Great airline.  As you said, start to wonder who was at the controls!

Mitchell 1969

Take notes, US carriers, but you'll never duplicate the feat of having a royal PIC.

Just like John Hancock and the fellas meant it to be.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

PHall

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on May 19, 2017, 02:06:00 PM

Your royal PITA,
Spam
;D

Flew KLM a lot a few years ago.  Great airline.  As you said, start to wonder who was at the controls!

Why do you care who's at the controls? As long as they get you from Point A to Point B safely and on time, what difference does it make?
He's obviously trained and qualified to do the job or he wouldn't be anywhere near the controls. KLM is not some third world airline.

Panzerbjorn

Take notes, US carriers, but you'll never duplicate the feat of having a royal PIC.

Nor will they duplicate the feat of Tenerife.  ;D
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

LATORRECA

I'm currently flying on KLM. Back to Germany

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Luis R. Ramos

So do you NOT want to be REMINDED of Tenerife?

Ups, SORRY!

[removed tasteless formatting]
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer