Main Menu

CAP and EAA - Marketing Op

Started by etodd, April 29, 2017, 01:47:10 AM

etodd

I'm in our local EAA group as well. Tomorrow we are having our Young Eagles Flights. We do them twice a year. We have 67 kids pre-registered and just four plane/pilots so it'll be busy day. I'm hoping to fly 18 or so myself.

Point being that its a great marketing opportunity for CAP. Our Squadron usually sets up a booth, and I already have a stack of CAP brochures that I'll hand out in the plane when we land.

Having the CAP there as a static display generates lots of interest as well. At our last Fall flight day we used it to teach the kids, waiting for their flight.

The Young Eagle Flights are for kids 8-17, so it can get the younger ones interest up for feeding into CAP when they turn 12.

CAP and EAA ... working together for our youth. Its a good thing.  :D

(Edited to add that no CAP planes are flying this, in case anyone asks .... )
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Alaric

Quote from: etodd on April 29, 2017, 01:47:10 AM
I'm in our local EAA group as well. Tomorrow we are having our Young Eagles Flights. We do them twice a year. We have 67 kids pre-registered and just four plane/pilots so it'll be busy day. I'm hoping to fly 18 or so myself.

Point being that its a great marketing opportunity for CAP. Our Squadron usually sets up a booth, and I already have a stack of CAP brochures that I'll hand out in the plane when we land.

Having the CAP there as a static display generates lots of interest as well. At our last Fall flight day we used it to teach the kids, waiting for their flight.

The Young Eagle Flights are for kids 8-17, so it can get the younger ones interest up for feeding into CAP when they turn 12.

Have a great time

jeders

Quote from: etodd on April 29, 2017, 01:47:10 AM

It sounds like some great cooperation between your local EAA and CAP units. We used to have this same kind of relationship with our local EAA chapter except that we would also perform the aircraft marshaling for the EAA. After the last decade of having little to no cooperation, we're finally rebuilding that old relationship.

Have fun flying those kids around and hopefully some will join CAP.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse