This is what is supposed to go in that left pocket slot.

Started by Eclipse, March 04, 2017, 08:09:25 PM

Eclipse

The next time you correct a member with a blue "I" in CIVIL AIR PATROL on their BDUs, tell them that this...

...is what that slot is intended for, not a Bic.

I almost bought one "because".

http://www.sciplus.com/

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Ya lost me. From this, it jumps to a penny bank link. The penny bank says "put a penny on the fish plate and out pops a cute kitty cat, grabs the penny while saying Meeooow." The video demo, I could swear the kitty cat says "Who's that auUU!"

Yet I still do not see the connection of all that to any uniform...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

The link is just to American Sci's main page, which rotates their extremely random products.

The dosimeter pens above aren't even on their web site, though I'm sure if you called them they'd be happy to
sell you some. 

Again, one of the hundreds of cool randomness in their stores.

Nothing will complete your '90s historical re-enacter Air Force Uniform like a WWDSI-era dosimeter pen!

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Those dosimeters shown on the right aren't the "issue" ones that went with the yellow CDV-750 shown on the left, which came with matching yellow units from Bendix and a couple other suppliers. The ones in the box on the right appear to be older models, Model 611 from Dosimeter Corp. of Cincinnati, OH. I'm fairly sure that we had a couple of those on the right around the house somewhere after TMI-2, in a box with all our other sources and meters and references.

Both items are useless (but intriguing) unless in calibration and without training, but preppers and history buffs will buy anything - often at outrageous prices. Calibration can be an expensive and frustrating process, so the vast majority of equipment not in active industry use is completely out of cal and useless. I got back to the lab this week to find out that one of my techs had taken data with a system that was beyond the allowable cal period, and two days of work was useless.

Neat photo, thanks for sharing. That takes me back to my CAP ARM training as a cadet, back before the Berlin Wall fell and we defeated Godless Communism, when staunch KGB Communists like Putin were removed from powe... oh, wait...

V/r
Spam

CAPLTC

Ah. Indeed.
I too remember the IM-235B personal dosimeter.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on March 04, 2017, 08:09:25 PM
The next time you correct a member with a blue "I" in CIVIL AIR PATROL on their BDUs, tell them that this...

...is what that slot is intended for, not a Bic.

I almost bought one "because".

http://www.sciplus.com/

Wait, sciplus has a real storefront?!

Time to plot a road trip.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Chappie

I must have missed something...I thought the shot glass was what was supposed to go into the pocket...silly me :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

PHall

No, no, no, no. You put your Spork in that pocket! >:D

Those who need to know, know what a spork is.

Shuman 14

Quote from: PHall on March 18, 2017, 12:53:09 AM
No, no, no, no. You put your Spork in that pocket! >:D

Those who need to know, know what a spork is.

Only if it's brown and from an MRE packet.   ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

HaroldBuchanan

LtCol Harold Buchanan
OR-042
DCP
Retired US Army