Main Menu

Berets?

Started by oweng_01, February 26, 2017, 11:39:20 PM

oweng_01

Just asking around, a lot of people are getting really fired up over whether or not to wear the blue berets with the ABU's. I think cadets should keep wearing them, just not on USAF bases because they will look (from a distance) like the USAF Security Force Airmen. Also I've herd cadets say they want a red beret for "Special Forces Ground Teams" kinda like the red berets of the USAF CCT Airmen. Leave your thoughts down below.

--Local SAR Guy

Eclipse

Quote from: oweng_01 on February 26, 2017, 11:39:20 PM
Just asking around, a lot of people are getting really fired up over whether or not to wear the blue berets with the ABU's.

No.

They aren't.

"That Others May Zoom"

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: oweng_01 on February 26, 2017, 11:39:20 PMAlso I've herd cadets say they want a red beret for "Special Forces Ground Teams" kinda like the red berets of the USAF CCT Airmen.

And who, exactly, would wear these?  We don't have Special Forces of any kind.

ThatOneGuy

Quote from: PhoenixRisen on February 26, 2017, 11:56:13 PM
Quote from: oweng_01 on February 26, 2017, 11:39:20 PMAlso I've herd cadets say they want a red beret for "Special Forces Ground Teams" kinda like the red berets of the USAF CCT Airmen.

X200000000000000000

If they want to wear a red beret for any reason, tell them to join the USAF and become a CCT. Those guys more than warrant them, ground teams do not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Luis R. Ramos

Name one. Name just one wing with a "Special Forces Ground Team."

In the absence of a front face slap icon,

:-\
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

ThatOneGuy

I don't have that emoticon, but in absence of that I found something to describe this thread [emoji52] [emoji379]

Luis R. Ramos

That's great!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Squadron Safety Officer

A.Member

This topic has been covered a gazillion times.  Finding one of the threads doesn't even really require using the search function.  But, that said, if for some unexplainable reason you have difficulty finding one of the umpteen thousand threads on the topic....USE SEARCH!
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

supertigerCH

Civil Air Patrol

Special Forces

ummm...   :-\

Luis R. Ramos

Actually, Special Forces Ground Team seems to be perfect for...

A Mission Coffee Officer!

What other specialties do you think we can add here?

Maybe something like...

Van Wash Technician!

Squadron Safety Officer

PHall

Well, I don't know about that. We do have some really "special" people here on CAPTalk... >:D

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: PHall on February 27, 2017, 02:06:09 AM

Well, I don't know about that. We do have some really "special" people here on CAPTalk... >:D

I'll cheers to that....

ThatOneGuy

Quote from: PhoenixRisen on February 27, 2017, 02:10:56 AM
Quote from: PHall on February 27, 2017, 02:06:09 AM

I'll cheers to that....
They obviously need a CAPTalk Super Ultra Ranger Special Keyboard Operator beret,  amiright?

[emoji49] [emoji90][emoji378]

Luis R. Ramos

I would propose a German Panzer Beret, sans insignia, with a fuchsia-color Waffenfarbe, for those CAP Special Action Ground Teams.

Or maybe a French Navy beret like the one in this photo...

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M11f9c6100fb9c1efe1080041e235dd04o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300 

A new pom-pom every time ideas like this pop up on CAPTalk! Maybe change to a pink one after five!
Squadron Safety Officer

arajca

Quote from: oweng_01 on February 26, 2017, 11:39:20 PM
Just asking around, a lot of people are getting really fired up over whether or not to wear the blue berets with the ABU's. I think cadets should keep wearing them, just not on USAF bases because they will look (from a distance) like the USAF Security Force Airmen. Also I've herd cadets say they want a red beret for "Special Forces Ground Teams" kinda like the red berets of the USAF CCT Airmen. Leave your thoughts down below.

--Local SAR Guy
1. Are you currently wearing blue berets for anything besides showing you spent time in Oshkosh?
2. If so, is there a wing supplement/instruction authorizing said wear? Only wing commanders (and higher) can authorize berets for anything other than Blue Beret participants.
3. CAPM 39-1 specifies only blue berets may be authorized. To get authorization to wear any other color, including neon pink, would require USAF approval and a revision to CAPM 39-1.
4. Chances of USAF authorizing red berets are somewhere well below zero. Red baseball caps are prohibited with ABUs, why would you expect red berets would be?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret