Official CAP Barbecue uniform

Started by N6RVT, February 19, 2017, 11:51:32 PM

N6RVT

ProdigalJim

Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

PHall

The colonels and generals helped cook dinner for the cadets at the California Wing Cadet Programs Conference last night.

Eclipse

I don't really see anything wrong here - put them on VG, I might buy one.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Aaaand, what's the problem here?

I think it's great that NHQ/CV, PCR/CC, CAWG/CC, and a former NHQ/CC (who happens to live halfway across the country) show up in some really crappy weather to contribute to the success of the activity.

As for any supposed uniform issues, the aprons have just their name and rank; no mentions of CAP. They seem to fall into the area of PPE.

Lighten up, folks!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

dwb

I think those aprons are awesome!

Also, a great example of servant leadership here.

foo

etodd

Love it! However, the BBQ is the reason that 3 out of 4 people in the photo are out of spec and should never wear dress blues.  ;D
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Гугл переводчик

Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

SarDragon

Quote from: etodd on February 20, 2017, 03:58:51 AM
Love it! However, the BBQ is the reason that 3 out of 4 people in the photo are out of spec and should never wear dress blues.  ;D

Extremely poor taste, and uncalled for.  >:(
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

N6RVT

Quote from: SarDragon on February 20, 2017, 12:30:20 AM
Aaaand, what's the problem here?

I think it's great that NHQ/CV, PCR/CC, CAWG/CC, and a former NHQ/CC (who happens to live halfway across the country) show up in some really crappy weather to contribute to the success of the activity.

As for any supposed uniform issues, the aprons have just their name and rank; no mentions of CAP. They seem to fall into the area of PPE.

Lighten up, folks!

Tell me.  What IS the problem here?  I certainly see one but it isn't the barbecue aprons

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: dwb on February 20, 2017, 12:52:15 AM

+1...I'd buy one!

kcebnaes

I think I need one of these...might be good for a Group cookout!
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

Spam

That isn't Field Grade cookin', that's Flag Officer Cookin'!!!

Bravo Zulu.

V/r
Spam

NIN

Quote from: etodd on February 20, 2017, 03:58:51 AM

And your point is that BBQ is bad?

No. How about genetics?

No?  Medical issues?  Vertical challengement?

I know General Courter, she wears corporates nowadays.  Do you know General Myrick's weight? Colonel Bishop's? Should you be basing your opinion off a photograph?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

THRAWN

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on February 20, 2017, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: dwb on February 20, 2017, 12:52:15 AM

+1...I'd buy one!

Ditto. And good to see you back! It's be nice to have a classic looking BDU pattern with all kind of CAP/RM stuff all over it. Thank you for locating my father's day gift.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

SARDOC

I see the stars on the Apron and figure they must not have worked at Cracker Barrel that long.

arBar

lol that's awesome

I noticed the ball cap that Gen Myrick is wearing.  I bought one of those at an airshow and like it. Can't find them online though and due to the design I figure they must not be officially sanctioned. But they are nicer than any of the other CAP caps I've seen. 

Eclipse

Those hats were made by an eBay seller and were available some years ago.  I haven't seen them in quite a while.

Note it has the original version of the MAJCOM, and the vintage is likely 2013 or older.

"That Others May Zoom"

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: arBar on February 23, 2017, 04:40:59 AM
lol that's awesome

I noticed the ball cap that Gen Myrick is wearing.  I bought one of those at an airshow and like it. Can't find them online though and due to the design I figure they must not be officially sanctioned. But they are nicer than any of the other CAP caps I've seen.

One person's awesome is another one's awful, I guess. (I think it is really Goober looking, myself).

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.