Can Cadets over 18 and transitioning to SM wear Corporate polo shirt?

Started by sfrdusa, February 15, 2017, 03:11:36 AM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Anthony@CAP

By the book, the short answer is no. The Corporate Working Uniform (aka polo shirt), are never authorized for wear by a cadet.

From CAPM 39-1: 1.2.3.2. Cadets will wear the USAF-style uniforms as outlined in this manual as a key component of their cadet experience. However, cadets over age 18 who are not eligible to wear the USAF-style uniforms due to not meeting weight standards are authorized to wear all Corporate-style uniform combinations, except the Corporate Working Uniform since it does not allow for wear of rank insignia.

However, if they are transitioning to SM, HQ processes those transitions fairly quickly, so as soon as they are in senior status the point becomes moot. Just file the paperwork (you can even email it, although you will have to mail the fingerprint cards). The last time I had a cadet transition it was done before our next meeting.

NIN

I highly doubt most cadets have the polo shirt in hand before they fill out the CAPF 12 & get fingerprints. Most of them don't wanna give up that sweet, sweet cadet uniform for at least a little while. :)

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

CAPDCCMOM

What if they are 18 yo Cadets that do not meet Air Force HW requirements?

NIN

The "I didn't confirm this in 39-1 off the top of my head reply" is "aviators or Blue BDUs are the options."

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

CAPDCCMOM

Thank you Sir, would the same be true of you have an under 18 yo Cadet, that is unable to find blues due to his/her robust frame?

Eclipse

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on February 15, 2017, 03:35:15 AM
Thank you Sir, would the same be true of you have an under 18 yo Cadet, that is unable to find blues due to his/her robust frame?

No.

Cadets under 18 are not allowed to wear corporate combinations.  IMHO it would require a waiver from NHQ.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPDCCMOM

Thank you Sir. And my apologies to the OP, was not trying to hijack your post.

chuckmilam

Quote from: NIN on February 15, 2017, 03:22:01 AM
Most of them don't wanna give up that sweet, sweet cadet uniform for at least a little while....
Former cadet here:  I confess I now love that sweet, sweet low-maintenance polo shirt, forgiving tactical pants, and black fleece combo.   Comfortable and decent-looking. 

Now, if we could just agree on what "medium gray" is. 

NIN

Quote from: chuckmilam on March 15, 2017, 02:28:15 PM
Former cadet here:  I confess I now love that sweet, sweet low-maintenance polo shirt, forgiving tactical pants, and black fleece combo.   Comfortable and decent-looking. 

It definitely has a panache...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

zippity

I'd settle for agreeing that skinny jeans and acid-washed jeans are not dress slacks or khakis.

Paul Creed III

Quote from: zippity on March 16, 2017, 03:13:58 PM

I'd settle for agreeing that skinny jeans and acid-washed jeans are not dress slacks or khakis.

Or that polos that have turned purple should be considered unserviceable.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager