Main Menu

CAP aircraft metal cast.

Started by LATORRECA, February 05, 2017, 10:01:55 PM

LATORRECA

So I went to Amazon and I found this little A/C. It came out pretty good.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Гугл переводчик

Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

LATORRECA

I got prime cause my duty station.  Plus I get 4-5 of those items at the time as gift for my cadets. I thing is worth it.

THRAWN

They could have at least used one of our N numbers. Order placed....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

Some of the reviews scare me, but took a shot at ordering one as well. C&D inbound?

James Shaw

They also have them at Books-A-Million if you have one close.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Eclipse

Hee....heee...heeeee! Showed up just now.

Was thinking - "Now THIS could be a fundraiser." $7 each shipped, sell them for $10."  I bet I could turn 100 of
these around in a day at the right venue, and probably get a better price buying them in bulk.  If nothing else
probably shave a little off shipping then in quantity.  This hits pilots, techies, other aircrew, even family members. 
Wouldn't be a bad AEX project either, and it gives you something cool, different, and unobtrusive for your desk or dresser.

Awesome find LATORRECA!

"That Others May Zoom"

DJ Light Chop

I can't do those metal earth models for nothing.  I went through 3 of the cap planes and never successfully put one together.  They are, as the Waterboy's mama might say, THE DEVIL!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on February 07, 2017, 08:13:46 PM
Was thinking - "Now THIS could be a fundraiser." $7 each shipped, sell them for $10."  I bet I could turn 100 of
these around in a day at the right venue, and probably get a better price buying them in bulk.  If nothing else
probably shave a little off shipping then in quantity.  This hits pilots, techies, other aircrew, even family members. 
Wouldn't be a bad AEX project either, and it gives you something cool, different, and unobtrusive for your desk or dresser.

Eh...100 * 3 = $300.

Seems like a lot of paperwork, effort, time for that kind of turnaround. Not to mention what happens when you don't sell enough of them.

Eclipse

Quote from: DJ Light Chop on February 07, 2017, 08:22:13 PM
I can't do those metal earth models for nothing.  I went through 3 of the cap planes and never successfully put one together.  They are, as the Waterboy's mama might say, THE DEVIL!

I know you have to be real careful separating the pieces - use an X-Acto with a cutting surface or board and take your time.
My son got a complicated bridge kit and basically FUBARED it while separating the parts.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on February 07, 2017, 08:27:16 PM
Eh...100 * 3 = $300.

Seems like a lot of paperwork, effort, time for that kind of turnaround. Not to mention what happens when you don't sell enough of them.

Eh, maybe, but the low price is part of the appeal, like I said, I bet you could get the price down even further
which could potentially increase the profit or make them even easier to sell.  People love cheap crap, especially altruistic cheap crap, and this isn't crap.

As someone who is mired each year in popcorn, candy bars, wreaths (not WAA), cheesecakes, pizzas, and all manner of other stuff,
$300-500 revenue is about what you make (depends on a lot of factors).  That would pay for the sniffer we just bought.

The initial capital outlay would be an issue, but I suppose depending on the sales channel you could take advance sales and lower the risk like
people do with Cookies and other perishables.

I guarantee you the first year someone brings these to a wing conference they are sold out.

"That Others May Zoom"

LATORRECA

Give my last 2 to my other cadets. Happy as they could be.

♠SARKID♠

I bought a bunch of the different models months ago. I haven't put the CAP one together yet, but the Wright Flyer is pretty neat.

Eclipse

Amazon seller said "Negatory" on volume sales.  Waiting on a response from Fascinations promotional department.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Quote from: Eclipse on February 08, 2017, 10:59:17 PM
Amazon seller said "Negatory" on volume sales.  Waiting on a response from Fascinations promotional department.

Eclipse- let me know via PM if you have any headway with that, please!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on February 08, 2017, 10:59:17 PM

There's a couple different ones, but direct to mfg is the way to go.

LATORRECA

Don't promote it much, Vanguard can steal the idea and make it a Vanguard item only. Sscccchhh🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🤐🤐🤐