Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2017, 07:44:31 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: Happy birthday, Bessie Coleman
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Happy birthday, Bessie Coleman  (Read 656 times)
THRAWN
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: January 26, 2017, 09:34:56 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessie_Coleman

One of the less recognized early aviation legends. Discuss amongst yourselves....
Strup
"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
NIN
VIP

Unit: of issue

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »

Today's Google doodle honors Bessie Coleman!
Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
AirAux
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:16:01 AM »

What a pity that she died at such a young age and in such a terrible way.  It makes one wonder as to whether she would have been involved in CAP in the early days?  Happy Birthday Bessie, may you long be an example to others and may others be encouraged to reach their dreams through your inspiration!!
Live2Learn
Seasoned Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 02:19:30 PM »

Bessie Coleman was a very impressive person.  I think CAP should have an award named after her.
almostspaatz
Forum Regular

Unit: GLR-OH-288

Imgur
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 11:24:47 AM »

Bessie Coleman was a very impressive person.  I think CAP should have an award named after her.

We prefer to name awards after important pioneers like "Logistics Officer" and "Flight Commander."

I do agree that we should have a Bessie Coleman Achievement, along with several others. There was talk awhile back about naming the unnamed promotions, but I don't know if that got anywhere. The question is: if you name the award, will it come with a ribbon? (The number one issue in CAP's cadet program is the lack of bells and whistles to put on our uniforms.)
C/Maj Steve Garrett
Live2Learn
Seasoned Member

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »

(The number one issue in CAP's cadet program is the lack of bells and whistles to put on our uniforms.)

Don't worry, most cadets (and SM) get over that phase.  :)
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: Happy birthday, Bessie Coleman