Comm Senior Rating Question

Started by taylor914, January 23, 2017, 04:16:24 PM

taylor914

So the only thing I'm missing on my senior level checklist is "Participate in 3 comm exercises sanctioned by wing or higher headquarters."  What counts for this?  That's probably a dumb question, but my wing doesn't do any comm stuff that's not within SARex's. I run a weekly, local net for my squadron.  I'm told by wing comms that our net is the only active one in the state at the moment.  So does that count?  I just need some guidance on fulfilling this requirement. 

My OJT supervisor passed away a year and a half ago and all the comms stuff fell to me since that's an area my wing seems to be lacking in.  So I put that out there before someone says to ask my OJT supervisor. 

Brad

The wing is required by CAPR 100-1 to participate in an annual communications exercise, so if they are not that is a matter to be looked into. Additionally this is an item on the Wing Compliance Inspection that if not followed will generate an A-level Discrepancy.

National also conducts a communications exercise, Constant Watch. That would fall under the "sanctioned by Wing or higher headquarters" bit.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Eclipse

It's most likely you're not aware of them, but they are happening.

As mentioned - Constant Watch is a big one, but there have been a couple other National-level call-downs in the last year.

You need to find a new OJT Supervisor, unless your CC or similar is going to serve as that.

You should contact your Group or Wing DOK and discuss both issues.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

If you follow Eclipse's advice, ask about making your squadron net exercise count as a Wing-sanctioned exercise.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer