Time to Update Ground Team Gear

Started by micapguy, January 13, 2017, 12:38:12 AM

CAPLTC

Is someone, somewhere, within CAP currently re-looking this?
Who "owns" the doctrine right now?
Why is so much so static?
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

Eclipse

To the MRE portion of this discussion, I stocked up last night unexpectedly.

I was at American Science and Surplus w/ #2 son and they had Sopako MRE's, w/ heaters for $6 - that's a great price when
you don't have to pay shipping.  https://www.sciplus.com/  Vintage Nov 2016.

I'm also seeing them on Amazon in the under $7 range w/ Prime by the case of 12, so certainly not a major deal these days to get them.
A unit ramping up some GTs could order a single case and fill 6 each with no issues.

I grabbed a few each of Chili Mac (The king of MREs), Tortellini, & Beef Ravioli - I can swap out the aging Mountain house
stuff in my gear and bike, and not think about this again for a couple of years. I haven't bothered with meals in the 72 hour
gear anymore.  It doesn't get used enough, and CAP doesn't go anywhere for more then a day, with less then a few days notice.
I could Prime them if needed.

I still have this ziplock bag full of heaters that are about 10 years old I don't know what to do with.  BITD, a lot of commercial
MREs shipped without them and I bought them for that reason, then never used them.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: CAPLTC on March 03, 2017, 12:39:28 AM
Is someone, somewhere, within CAP currently re-looking this?
Who "owns" the doctrine right now?
Why is so much so static?

The Operations Directorate owns the curriculum and various members have indicated it has been in the re-work queue for years.

It's just one more thing on the list.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Quote from: Eclipse on March 04, 2017, 07:26:14 PM
I still have this ziplock bag full of heaters that are about 10 years old I don't know what to do with.  BITD, a lot of commercial
MREs shipped without them and I bought them for that reason, then never used them.

Eclipse, that sounds like you need only a couple of six packs and a kiddie wading pool and you've got a redneck hot tub, sir.

;D

Cheers
Spam

Eclipse

Quote from: Spam on March 04, 2017, 11:11:00 PM
Eclipse, that sounds like you need only a couple of six packs and a kiddie wading pool and you've got a redneck hot tub, sir.

Hey!  That sounds like a grea...RUN!!!!

"That Others May Zoom"