Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2017, 04:52:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: NCO selling points and benefits??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print
Author Topic: NCO selling points and benefits??  (Read 3716 times)
FW
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »

Well, now there is a promotion mechanism for CAP NCOs.  Has the OP's question been answered, or as it has been previously stated, is this just another uniform thread...?
THRAWN

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »

Thanks... I'm a little curious because I'm a SSgt now and I used to be a 1LT with about a year TIG... depending on the memo, perhaps I can get TSgt and be close to getting MSgt.
Here's the full 23 FEB 17 memo with the advanced promotion requirements.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CzkgrZ6hyMN1BQX1VMWW9Hczg/view?usp=drivesdk

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

POOF! I could be an E8! Or I could've had a V8...Just like magic...
Strup
"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
SARDOC

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2017, 10:04:42 PM »

I really still don't see the point of restricting CAP NCO's to Former/Current Military members.  We have members who have no interest in Command or being Wing/Group Staff.  Why can't we use the NCO grades to recognize seniority or other qualifications (Other than PD) like ES and Cadet Programs?
lordmonar
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2017, 12:42:11 PM »

I really still don't see the point of restricting CAP NCO's to Former/Current Military members.  We have members who have no interest in Command or being Wing/Group Staff.  Why can't we use the NCO grades to recognize seniority or other qualifications (Other than PD) like ES and Cadet Programs?
Part and Parcel of the long range plan for the NCO corps.

Restricting it to current and former NCOs is just one of the baby steps.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP
Pacific Region
Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2017, 01:41:23 PM »

Part and Parcel of the long range plan for the NCO corps.

Restricting it to current and former NCOs is just one of the baby steps.

I mean...the baby step has been going long enough that some of our cadets who joined the military when the plan was announced could qualify for NCO rank soon...
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2017, 01:55:43 PM »

The challenge is that the "Problem" for which this is purportedly a "solution" doesn't have a beacon attached
so no one can find it.

A "hasty search" was implemented to try and find it, but by mid afternoon the first day, the one GTL that showed up
had to drive his kid to baseball, and the only aircraft available busted it's 100 hour.

Mission base was shut down with handshakes and songs of "great job, lessons learned", and the rest of the budget was
spent on patches.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: NCO selling points and benefits??