Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2017, 01:54:53 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: Aerospace Technology Badge
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Aerospace Technology Badge  (Read 1554 times)
DJ Light Chop

« on: January 04, 2017, 01:10:46 AM »

Anyone have any information about where to get the Aerospace Technology Cadet badges?  I just found out about this program recently (but I guess its been around since 2013).  Vanguard doesn't sell them, and most of the seniors I've mentioned it to have never heard it of.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/INCENTIVES_for_CADET_PARTICIPATION__76C68224D02B5.pdf
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:42:37 AM by DJ Light Chop » Logged
LSThiker
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: Earth

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:39:40 AM »

http://pcr.cap.gov/hc-docs/values-for-living/Sexuality-1974.pdf

Not sure how the linked document about sexuality has any relevance to Aerospace Technology Cadet Badges?
DJ Light Chop

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 01:43:54 AM »

OOPS.

Copy/Paste error.  I meant to type this.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/INCENTIVES_for_CADET_PARTICIPATION__76C68224D02B5.pdf

That other thing was a chaplain's lesson from the 70s that I was sending someone to show how much the CD things have changed over the years.
DJ Light Chop

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:13:36 AM »

The only other place I've seen it referenced is here:

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/News__Innovations_2014_linear_3C4AD916904D7.pdf
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 04:47:05 AM »

This appears to be an unimplemented proposal. Until such time as there is an encompassing regulation, it will remain such.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
jeders

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »

Anyone have any information about where to get the Aerospace Technology Cadet badges?  I just found out about this program recently (but I guess its been around since 2013).  Vanguard doesn't sell them, and most of the seniors I've mentioned it to have never heard it of.

This is just a white paper, a proposal; nothing more. Until national decides to move forward with it, which I think they've already changed direction on from this white paper, it isn't a thing.

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse
HGjunkie

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »

The wings are interesting. They seem extremely similar to the AD badges though (I know this is just a proposal). A more distinctive look would be to model after the Academy cyber and space wings - the designs are close but different enough to tell apart from each other. For reference:

Space:

Cyber:

retired
C1C USAFA
DJ Light Chop

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 11:55:49 AM »

What's strange is that I was first told about this by a Wing Commander who told me they've been issued before, and then I've had 2 different cadets who said they've seen other cadets wearing them.  Perhaps it's a pilot program or something.
DakRadz

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »

I actually really like this idea. Like it or not, badges work. They are a good draw, though the program itself must keep cadets interested.

(i.e. we have trouble getting Cyber Patriot "sold" to the cadets [a separate issue being handled], but a badge might draw them in so they learn that some really do enjoy it)
Paul Creed III
Forum Regular

Unit: GLR-OH-254

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 12:27:32 PM »

I actually really like this idea. Like it or not, badges work. They are a good draw, though the program itself must keep cadets interested.

(i.e. we have trouble getting Cyber Patriot "sold" to the cadets [a separate issue being handled], but a badge might draw them in so they learn that some really do enjoy it)

A badge is one of the NHQ Cyber Team's initiatives: http://cap-cyber.org/index.php/initiatives/cadet-cyber-badge.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Great Lakes Region Cyber Programs Officer
Ohio Wing Group 3 Commander
NC Hokie

Unit: MER-NC-057

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 12:51:14 PM »

Have your cadets seen the SWAG bag that participants get?  The t-shirt (that we let them wear on PT nights) and computer stuff is good, but my cadets really like the challenge coin that they get.
William Hess, Maj, CAP
Tar River Actual
DJ Light Chop

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 06:45:31 PM »

FYI I was able to contact someone at national.  The badge is not available yet (and the design and name have changed).  But they believe it will be approved for award to cadets this year.

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/News_Innovations_16c_Handout__Low_2856BE84CC971.pdf
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 07:19:48 PM »

There is a >lot< in that document that seems to have escaped general notice.

Minimum grade(s) for cadet staff position.

CPFT changes to include required participation beyond testing, not to mention a Health Fitness "zone" required
above WB and tracked by the respective cadet.

Cadet Fitness badge.

Academic excellence badge.

Cyber and stem badges

New emphasis on "cyber" on "par with aviation and space education".

Additional AE requirement for Curry.

Changes to SDAs.

With that said, much is indicated as "proposed" or uses terms like "before year's end", neither of which happened any more then
the new CPFT would be implemented "by the end of summer".
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:28:00 PM by Eclipse » Logged

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does." - Napoleon Hill.
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Toad1168
Forum Regular

Unit: NCR-MO-110

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »

The wings are interesting. They seem extremely similar to the AD badges though (I know this is just a proposal). A more distinctive look would be to model after the Academy cyber and space wings - the designs are close but different enough to tell apart from each other. For reference:

Space:

Cyber:

Kinda looks Star Trekky....

[removed duplicate huge pics]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:57:24 PM by SarDragon » Logged
Mike Toedebusch
Spaatz Award 1168 - 1 June 1993
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: Aerospace Technology Badge