Recommendation on Blue BDU & Color of Navy

Started by docrameous, December 22, 2016, 10:08:24 PM

docrameous

Need to buy a new set of blue BDUs.  Would like to avoid Vanguard if at all possible.

Recommendations on brand and color of Navy?  Dark, LAPD, etc.?

Luis R. Ramos

A few weeks ago, I decided to buy a Blue BDU, so I searched here as I remembered there were a few threads on this. I looked in Vanguard Mil, there were none. So I went to TacticalGear.com.

I found one thread from Nin who stated that if you buy Propper you could ask for items be Dark Navy. My order was for:

Men's Propper Poly / Cotton Ripstop BDU Pants, Dark Navy, item F520138405; and    
Men's Propper Poly / Cotton Twill BDU Coat, Dark Navy, item F545412405

Although they seem different in the description, they look exactly the same. One is Cotton 60 / Poly 40, the other is Cotton 65 / Poly 35.

These are not winter weight. They feel too thin for winter but you can layer under.

Hope this helps!

By the way, in some other thread some members were discussing BDUs and ABUs from the Dominican Republic as if they would be somehow a lower quality.

Well, these are not from the Dominican Republic. They are from Haiti, so no lower quality issue here!   ;D

Now look what happened! In answering your message, my ice cream melted!

:-\

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

If you are doing anything ES/ground team, you want the Propper Navy RIPSTOP. They're a little stiff out of the box but after a few washes they soften up and don't fade (noticeably anyways) and I've had one of my sets for several years now. The downside is that they quite aren't as cool in the summer as what I imagine the twill/non ripstop is but I'd rather have my clothing stay together and deblouse when I need to.

vorteks

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on December 22, 2016, 11:29:44 PM
I found one thread from Nin who stated that if you buy Propper you could ask for items be Dark Navy. My order was for:

Men's Propper Poly / Cotton Ripstop BDU Pants, Dark Navy, item F520138405; and    
Men's Propper Poly / Cotton Twill BDU Coat, Dark Navy, item F545412405

That's not gonna look right. Ripstop and twill are two different weaves and don't mix.

docrameous

Thanks everyone... exactly the information I needed!