SDA 13

Started by Bluemyner, December 17, 2016, 05:13:09 PM

Bluemyner

What are the suspenses of an Aerospace Education Officer?

PHall

Isn't one of the objectives of the SDA's is to get you familiar with researching stuff in the regs?

Bluemyner

Quote from: PHall on December 17, 2016, 07:42:06 PM
Isn't one of the objectives of the SDA's is to get you familiar with researching stuff in the regs?
I am aware of this however there is no information anywhere about the question.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Bluemyner on December 18, 2016, 12:40:50 AM
Quote from: PHall on December 17, 2016, 07:42:06 PM
I am aware of this however there is no information anywhere about the question.

Yes, there is. Try CAPR 280-2.

Sapper168

Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

DakRadz

So I had to go back and double check which achievement 13 is.

You have been writing these for several months. You should understand what suspenses are (that was the tricky part for me, initially), and also that the best place to get this information is from your squadron members. Ask the CDC or AEO. An SDA does not simply creep up on you, so there is little urgency at this level.

I know I may seem harsh, like Seniors always come across on CT. However, this has little to do with status and everything to do with you being a presumably experienced and competent cadet officer.

Bluemyner

Quote from: DakRadz on December 18, 2016, 02:25:00 AM
So I had to go back and double check which achievement 13 is.

You have been writing these for several months. You should understand what suspenses are (that was the tricky part for me, initially), and also that the best place to get this information is from your squadron members. Ask the CDC or AEO. An SDA does not simply creep up on you, so there is little urgency at this level.

I know I may seem harsh, like Seniors always come across on CT. However, this has little to do with status and everything to do with you being a presumably experienced and competent cadet officer.
You don't seem harsh, I just never understood the whole suspenses question. The rest of the SDA is never usually a challenge, it just takes time. Its always just that one question that screws me up.

DakRadz

Suspenses can be defined by reading CAPP 52-14, Instructions for Cadets section.

It's in there. I had a hard time finding it myself because it was a foreign term.

1st Lt Raduenz

PHall

MSG Mac

You might also check with your Wing, because they also have reports which may specific for reporting to Wing HQ only.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member