Main Menu

AFA membership discount

Started by Angus, December 14, 2016, 09:03:10 PM

Angus

So I'm sure most of you have seen the e-mail that came out from National this afternoon regarding the Air Force Association.  They're now going to offer a half-price membership for first time members from CAP.  I'm curious how many here are going to take advantage of it?  I've already joined as a Life Time Member, so unfortunately this won't help me.  But it's great to see it's there for those who have yet to join. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

DJ Light Chop

Figures it comes a month after I joined afa at full price.

DakRadz

I had JUST submitted an AFA grant and groaned a little inside at what seemed like target marketing.

Very pleased to know I was wrong.

1st Lt Raduenz

TeamBronx

Never saw the email.  Can you post an AFA link?

DJ Light Chop

Quote from: TeamBronx on December 16, 2016, 01:48:36 AM
Never saw the email.  Can you post an AFA link?

https://secure.afa.org/joinafa/JoinAFA.aspx

It's under options for students and E1-4 and civilians.

Mathews

I saw the link and took a cursory look at it.  What benefits are there in joining? 

DJ Light Chop

A sense of pride in knowing you're supporting a good organization that helps CAP quite a bit with our Aerospace Ed programs.  And a magazine.

Paul Creed III

Quote from: JoshN on December 20, 2016, 03:54:30 AM
A sense of pride in knowing you're supporting a good organization that helps CAP quite a bit with our Aerospace Ed programs.  And a magazine.

And CyberPatriot.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Ozzy

If you are an AFA member you are now eligible to apply to PenFed Credit Union. PenFed along with USAA and NavFed are some of the best credit unions in the country. I use both NavyFed and USAA, I might jump on the AFA membership in order to join PenFed (National Guard apparently doesn't have eligibility!)

Just an additional benefit for becoming an AFA member!
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"