Main Menu

Newest NCO

Started by Sapper168, December 14, 2016, 11:20:17 AM

Sapper168

It is official as reflected in eServices.   I will be switching out Capt rank for SSgt rank.   Was hoping for MSgt but since the NCO matrix isn't in play yet it is what it is.  Timing is good too with Christmas right around the corner, since i will need to get a new service coat and Flight cap.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Devil Doc

I would Switch to NCO... But I was only an E4... So I guess they would make me an SSGT. I like my train tracks.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

kwe1009

Quote from: Devil Doc on December 14, 2016, 12:59:33 PM
I would Switch to NCO... But I was only an E4... So I guess they would make me an SSGT. I like my train tracks.

The new version of CAPR 35-5 that came out last month allows for E-4 to become a CAP SSgt.  If you want to make the switch just submit a CAPF2 along with a copy of your DD-214 to your chain of command.

Jester

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on December 14, 2016, 11:20:17 AM
It is official as reflected in eServices.   I will be switching out Capt rank for SSgt rank.   Was hoping for MSgt but since the NCO matrix isn't in play yet it is what it is.  Timing is good too with Christmas right around the corner, since i will need to get a new service coat and Flight cap.

If you like I can check at the Airman's attic around Scott and see if they have any in your size, then ship it up to you.

DakRadz

Congratulations!

PM me your size. I may be able to trade you a non-epaulet version for your epaulet service coat. Been needing one...

Sapper168

Quote from: Jester on December 14, 2016, 02:16:15 PM

If you like I can check at the Airman's attic around Scott and see if they have any in your size, then ship it up to you.

Actually planning on being on base Saturday.  Im just up the road in Springfield.
;D

Sapper168

Quote from: DakRadz on December 14, 2016, 02:41:40 PM

Congratulations!

PM me your size. I may be able to trade you a non-epaulet version for your epaulet service coat. Been needing one...

In all likely hood I will be the next CC of my squadron.  Per regs I would be temporarily given 'back' officer grade for the tenure of command.  Safe bet I am going to need to hang on to my officer coat for a while.   8) 8) 8)

Ozzy

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on December 14, 2016, 05:54:14 PM
Quote from: DakRadz on December 14, 2016, 02:41:40 PM

Congratulations!

In all likely hood I will be the next CC of my squadron.  Per regs I would be temporarily given 'back' officer grade for the tenure of command.  Safe bet I am going to need to hang on to my officer coat for a while.   8) 8) 8)

Luckily for you time spend as an officer promoted for a command appointment is transferable towards your next NCO grade(s).
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Papabird

Congrats there Sergeant.  I know how you can make that MSgt, BTW.   8)

And yes, that is a VERY safe bet.   >:D
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

Ozzy

Quote from: Papabird on December 15, 2016, 02:58:33 AM

Now this has peaked my interest, care to share?
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

Papabird

Quote from: Ozzy on December 15, 2016, 04:50:48 AM

For him to join my Group HQ unit. (After TIG is satisfied.)*

*edited the (__) section.  Said it in my brain, but not by the fingers
Georgia Wing

lordmonar

Quote from: Papabird on December 15, 2016, 05:19:33 PM

That's also good for SMSgt.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Jester

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on December 14, 2016, 05:48:33 PM
Quote from: Jester on December 14, 2016, 02:16:15 PM

Actually planning on being on base Saturday.  Im just up the road in Springfield.
;D

Roger. I'll be on base for a bit, I need to grab some paperwork from the squadron building and maybe hit up MCS and the thrift shop I just learned about.

If you're getting the alterations done down here don't go to the shop next door to MCS. Go to Scott gate cleaners outside the gate. I had all my stripes sewn on there after Base alterations burned me a couple of times. I need to drop off my lightweight blue jacket Saturday for chevrons too, actually.

If you PM me your full name I can get a visitor pass submitted for you to make life a bit easier.

Ozzy

Quote from: lordmonar on December 15, 2016, 06:13:10 PM

That's still going to take... 12 months + 24 Months + 36 months = 6 years to be able to rate SMSgt. And you can't request a TIG waiver per CAPR 35-5.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

Papabird

Quote from: Ozzy on December 16, 2016, 04:27:20 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on December 15, 2016, 06:13:10 PM

That's still going to take... 12 months + 24 Months + 36 months = 6 years to be able to rate SMSgt. And you can't request a TIG waiver per CAPR 35-5.

True, that is why I added the (___) portion.   Sorry if I stated it in a way that was misinterpreted.  Also, the new SSgt is in my group and there is a dynamic there about command.
Georgia Wing