Main Menu

Funny Story

Started by Devil Doc, November 22, 2016, 06:07:33 PM

Devil Doc

I was signed into a Mission that happened to be called off as I was driving to the Search Area. The mission was called off because the person was found, and there was a "Find" ribbon attached to those who participated. I just found this out and a friend of mine joked and said hey... you can get your Find ribbon. I said no I am not, how can I get a find ribbon when all I did was drive 15 mins down the road on a hour trip, to get called off. I just find it funny that a lot of times I get ready for a mission and get 15-20 mins down the road for it to get called off.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

NIN

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 22, 2016, 06:07:33 PM
I was signed into a Mission that happened to be called off as I was driving to the Search Area. The mission was called off because the person was found, and there was a "Find" ribbon attached to those who participated. I just found this out and a friend of mine joked and said hey... you can get your Find ribbon. I said no I am not, how can I get a find ribbon when all I did was drive 15 mins down the road on a hour trip, to get called off. I just find it funny that a lot of times I get ready for a mission and get 15-20 mins down the road for it to get called off.

I deactivated an ELT once, before AFRCC had a chance to call our wing alerting officer.

When I was told "Sorry, you don't get a find, there was no mission number" I offered to go back out and turn it on until the mission number was issued. :)

Now that was funny.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Devil Doc

Ya, I would say that is pretty funny.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Eclipse

All part of the game - I got a dec for Sandy because I was spinning up for their mission and assisting in planning.

I got waived off literally at the airport gate in a CAP COV as I was getting ready to leave.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

That Sucks. I actually got my Disaster Ribbon with V about a month ago, I went to assist with Hurricane Matthew disaster. I will do that again in a heartbeat it was fun.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY