Main Menu

ASAR Ribbon

Started by Devil Doc, November 22, 2016, 06:02:52 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Unfortunately wearing the badges according to current regulations is not permanent.

Now what they say is wearing of badges for expired quals is at the option of the Wing commander. Have not heard any wing king saying no, but is not as permanent as some of us would want to...

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 25, 2016, 10:50:38 AM
Unfortunately wearing the badges according to current regulations is not permanent.

Now what they say is wearing of badges for expired quals is at the option of the Wing commander. Have not heard any wing king saying no, but is not as permanent as some of us would want to...
That's not precisely what the regulations says. That's not even the intent of the paragraph.

Quotee. Once a rating, award, badge, or patch is earned in accordance with this regulation, the member may continue to wear it even if they no longer hold the associated qualifications unless directed by the wing, region, or national commander to remove it through another formal command action. 

IOW, the badges and ratings are permanent unless you did something so stupid as to get your rating pulled and the badge pulled and tell it has to be directed formally. 

The wing commander doesn't have the option to disallow permanent wear generally.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

That is not how it is perceived. Some members have discussed this and come to the conclusion the wing commander does have the option to disallow permanent wear generally. Just like wearing the flag is an option allowed by the wing king. That is, until a few months anyway.

Why didn't you add the disclaimer of "with cause" at the end?

Squadron Safety Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 25, 2016, 12:30:45 PM
That is not how it is perceived. Some members have discussed this and come to the conclusion the wing commander does have the option to disallow permanent wear generally. Just like wearing the flag is an option allowed by the wing king. That is, until a few months anyway.

Why didn't you add the disclaimer of "with cause" at the end?

Uh, your Wing Commander has no authority at all with the flag. And the 39-1 is actually pretty clear on this. It was required and then became optional.
And since it's not on the list of uniform items the Wing Commander can authorize for wear in their wing, they have no say in the matter.

NIN

I'd like to know what regulations you're reading, Luis.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JC004

Some members have discussed lots of things and got them wrong.

In years past, I have personally got the hands of more than one wing cc smacked by a region or national cc.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Ozzy on November 25, 2016, 03:58:46 AM
Ground team badges, Air Crew Wings, IC badge... there are a lot of decorations for those that are very into ES...

None of those mentioned are decorations.

Just saying.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Luis R. Ramos

Nin,

You quoted it.

From OPERATIONS RATINGS, AWARDS AND BADGES, CAPR 35-6 Sect 8. e.

Once a rating, award, badge, or patch is earned in accordance with this regulation, the
member may continue to wear it even if they no longer hold the associated qualifications unless directed by the wing, region, or national commander to remove it through another formal command action.

Again, with this wording it means any commander can use it to ask a member to remove the badge at will. This is how it is perceived by some, and given the alleged communications by some in this board, it is allegedly happening.
Squadron Safety Officer

NIN

Show me the formal command action. It'll be in writing. I'll wait.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

Show ME where I SAID it actually happened, or is happening!

PLEASE read carefully messages before replying.

I said "It can happen."

There is a BIG difference.
Squadron Safety Officer

SarDragon

Enough of the measuring contest!  >:(
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)