Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 03:24:29 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Marketplace  |  Topic: OFFER: Velcro Squares for Fleeces & Other Insignia Sewing - Leather Jackets, etc
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OFFER: Velcro Squares for Fleeces & Other Insignia Sewing - Leather Jackets, etc  (Read 406 times)
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« on: November 21, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »

COLD WEATHER IS HERE.  Keep your members warm.

The green fleece for the ABU requires a BLANK dark navy square with Velcro for cadets who aren't cadet officers, as well as SMs who are not officers, and C/ABs (who wear no insignia).  They are required to pin their METAL insignia to the square (and they JUST make it through, because I've tested it).  Pinning through an embroidered insignia doesn't work (it's too think thick).

The black fleece (only worn with corporate uniforms, so the blank squares are only SMWOGs, SM NCOs, plus those Cadets over 18 cadets who can't wear the AF-style uniform.  As with the sage green fleece, they are required to pin their METAL insignia to the square (and they JUST make it through, because I've tested it).  Pinning through an embroidered insignia doesn't work (it's too think thick).

Vanguard does NOT sell these squares at this time and it's getting cold out. 

I've already received several inquiries and the matching material we have right now is very limited.  First come, first served.

My squadron will do these for other units for a great price (both the blank squares and the regular embroidered squares for officers). 

Just send me a Private Message (PM) here on the forum, send me a Facebook message (feel free to connect to me on Facebook for those of you who aren't already).

We can do Velcro attachment to black fleeces (the sage fleeces come with it already).  It's a very strong, high-quality, name-brand Velcro -- not the cheap stuff. 

We'll also do the service of attaching nametapes and CAP tapes to Velcro at less than the Vanguard price. 

In addition, we can attach black Velcro to leather jackets (for those who wear corporate uniforms).

Flight suit Velcro and rank sewing is also available.

Everything is done EXACTLY to regulation.  The rank squares are firm and crisp, with interfacing backing (the white stuff you see on the back of a lot of shoulder patches).

We'll be doing some of these the next meeting.  And we will be looking for additional matching material.

Some squadrons might want to order several so their cadets can pass them down as they promote.  We're glad to do that, and it will make shipping practically a non-issue. 

This is a SEWING SERVICE ONLY.  We do NOT make any insignia (except for sewing blank squares for those who need those). 

We pre-bleed and spot-dry your insignia so the color doesn't run in the rain (I have these photos of what this type of bleeding looks like and it's REALLY BAD):

(DARK BLUE INSIGNIA)

(ULTRAMARINE INSIGNIA - GORETEX TAB WORN IN LIGHT RAIN.  Gold turned brown after it dried.)

We also do not sell the fleeces or leather jackets ourselves, but we DO help people find great prices direct from the military contractors, used, etc.  I recently found some of the great black fleeces (milspec) direct from the military contractor who had extras when the military stopped using these as the primary fleece.....they were $20, which is a GREAT price for even a commercial fleece.  You can't really get a PolarTec 300 for that price new on the civilian market.

Here is an example of our work (we also did the tapes; they are not Vanguard-sewn (I've been told, although I cannot yet confirm that Vanguard doesn't fold the tapes like they should; they just cut them, which of course causes fraying), just bought the plain tapes from them):

FTFY.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:18:11 AM by SarDragon » Logged
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:15:12 PM »

I've received a number of inquiries on this.  I am going to be short on the plain dark blue cloth, so I am going to go out later this week and try sourcing a new supply at some specialty fabric shops.  I should be able to find something.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Marketplace  |  Topic: OFFER: Velcro Squares for Fleeces & Other Insignia Sewing - Leather Jackets, etc