Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2017, 06:35:20 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: Year End Encampment Memo 2016
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Year End Encampment Memo 2016  (Read 1240 times)
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 10:35:40 PM »

+1

Further to this, while plenty of families struggle, the number of households nation-wide living in anything close to
"abject poverty" which is a term generally reserved for developing nations, is by most estimates under 2MM and that
is before government benefits and assistance.

Good intentions and compassionate leadership aside, CAP is not tasked, nor equipped to remediate these situations,
and the sad reality is that generally people in these situations are unable to participate actively in organizations like CAP
due to factors well beyond the baseline cost of membership.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

RogueLeader
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: Of measure

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 10:44:00 PM »

And yes, I do know there are some out there that defies the norm about being able to participate and become active participants despite money being a very serious issue.  I really am glad that they can.  I've also seen a ton of money gone to waste on the majority of those that can't, much to my disappointment (not over the money).
<redacted>

GRW 3340
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: Year End Encampment Memo 2016