Main Menu

Friends of CAP?

Started by disamuel, November 18, 2016, 02:14:16 AM

Alaric

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 21, 2016, 10:20:03 PM
Quote from: Alaric on November 21, 2016, 09:05:08 PM
Quote from: Ned on November 21, 2016, 05:58:25 PM

The money collected will be directed toward cadet programs and AE/STEM.  Definitely a "Win-win."

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

That's a bit of bait and switch if its only being used for cadet programs and AE/STEM

From the website

...Becoming a Friend of CAP supports the organization's commitment and service to its communities through aerospace education, cadet programs and emergency services.

Can't we be truthful when soliciting for money, what happened to integrity?  Most people I know who want to join but don't have the time are interested in the ES/DR mission

From the email sent out today:
QuoteProceeds earned from Friends of CAP will be used to help support cadet programs and AE/STEM. For more information, please check out frequently asked questions or email giving@capnhq.gov.

While it is not unheard of the left hand not know the right, I might suggest you ask for clarification before you start calling people out for all that nonsense you just did.

I don't believe I need clarification, the website said something different than the email, where I come from that's called a bait and switch.  I notice that the website still reads as above, which implies Friends of CAP supports all three mission, which it seems from Col Lee's statement and the email it does not.