New ABU Uniforms-where to get them in bulk?

Started by chaser430, November 10, 2016, 08:45:23 PM

vento

Quote from: SMWOG on November 14, 2016, 11:44:18 PM
VG has a good price on them! I don't know what the brand is but they are  cheap.

VG sells ABU?   ???

PHall

Quote from: vento on November 15, 2016, 02:22:41 AM
Quote from: SMWOG on November 14, 2016, 11:44:18 PM
VG has a good price on them! I don't know what the brand is but they are  cheap.

VG sells ABU?   ???

They have it listed. No pictures yet. But they're accepting orders.

Angus

It's amazing how much difference a day makes, they've got pictures up now. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Ozzy

Yeah but I asked on their FB page what brand they are... if they are Rothco, I wouldn't buy them.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

PHall

Quote from: Ozzy on November 16, 2016, 05:02:24 PM
Yeah but I asked on their FB page what brand they are... if they are Rothco, I wouldn't buy them.

Which is why I get mine from Military Clothing Sales on base. I know what I'm getting there.

JAFO78

Vanguard does now sell ABU's. They run about $33, hat $10, tan tshirt $8. We sent an email out to our squadron yesterday with Christmas coming up Santa will be busy.... I'm Supply Officer for my squadron,doing it three years now. once you get a handle on it, inventory, its a breeze. I send an order to Vanguard once a month ordering items for new members, and keeping rank ribbon and other bling in stock. I love my job.
JAFO

Fubar

Interesting.... Vanguard broke their ABU options out as a separate category from the rest of their uniform options for CAP. Additionally, they called these "Civil Air Patrol ABU Uniform" instead of just ABU or Airmen Battle Uniform. They are also not listed on any of the Air Force uniform pages, only CAP. It's almost like the ABU isn't the ABU (or Vanguard is prohibited from selling uniforms to Air Force personnel).

PHall

Quote from: Fubar on November 17, 2016, 06:06:17 AM
Interesting.... Vanguard broke their ABU options out as a separate category from the rest of their uniform options for CAP. Additionally, they called these "Civil Air Patrol ABU Uniform" instead of just ABU or Airmen Battle Uniform. They are also not listed on any of the Air Force uniform pages, only CAP. It's almost like the ABU isn't the ABU (or Vanguard is prohibited from selling uniforms to Air Force personnel).

AAFES is the only "Official" supplier of "Certified" ABUs for the Air Force. And you can't get the "Certified ABUs" anywhere else.

Ozzy

So I got a reply from Vanguard... they say "Our CAP ABUs and BDUs are produced by a private manufacturer exclusively for Vanguard, and approved by CAP NHQ."

Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

THRAWN

Quote from: Ozzy on November 17, 2016, 02:27:20 PM
So I got a reply from Vanguard... they say "Our CAP ABUs and BDUs are produced by a private manufacturer exclusively for Vanguard, and approved by CAP NHQ."

Yeah, I'd trust that.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

SMWOG