CAP Vector - Oct - Dec 2016 Posted

Started by Eclipse, October 04, 2016, 05:39:43 PM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

TIL a *cap.gov email address is not PII.

Eclipse

Quote from: dwb on October 04, 2016, 06:33:19 PM

Well, I guess it is and it isn't. Those addresses, like any corporate email address, should be for CAP business only,
so if people are smart, any linkages to them are only CAP related, though in this day and age of "connected everything"
that becomes more of an issue.

Either way, glad to see NHQ is finally pushing the usage of official email address for CAP business.

I was doing mission-related correspondence the other day with military contacts, and at some point I
realized for a glorious second that everyone on the distro list was .gov or .mil.  The room started spinning and
I had to sit down.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on October 04, 2016, 07:13:02 PM
Quote from: dwb on October 04, 2016, 06:33:19 PM

Well, I guess it is and it isn't. Those addresses, like any corporate email address, should be for CAP business only,
so if people are smart, any linkages to them are only CAP related, though in this day and age of "connected everything"
that becomes more of an issue.

Either way, glad to see NHQ is finally pushing the usage of official email address for CAP business.

I was doing mission-related correspondence the other day with military contacts, and at some point I
realized for a glorious second that everyone on the distro list was .gov or .mil.  The room started spinning and
I had to sit down.

MISHAP REPORT:
SM had vertigo induced by correct usage of official systems.
TREATMENT:
Health Officer conferred with IT Officer. IT Officer replied to all on email chain with aol.com email address. No further treatment needed.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Offutteer

Remember when you could go to capnhq.gov and get a monthly directory with both CAP and CAP-USAF contact information?  I haven't seen one for CAP in about a year.  I only see a link to the "NHQ Contacts" page from capmembers.com, which is poorly presented.  https://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/nhq_contacts.cfm

Reading the vector reminded me to check to see if they had a published CAP directory, since there were areas not addressed in the vector.  FM, Strategic Planning, etc.  Since their information was not in the vector, I wanted to see who's there. 

Eclipse

I haven't seen anything publicly available for quite some time.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on October 05, 2016, 03:13:36 AM
I haven't seen anything publicly available for quite some time.

That may be deliberate to help members skipping the Chain of Command and going VFR direct.  We can't forget those SlimShady types, now can we.  This might just be one of those things that we can't have nice things due to the actions of a few.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Offutteer on October 04, 2016, 09:49:18 PM
Remember when you could go to capnhq.gov and get a monthly directory with both CAP and CAP-USAF contact information?  I haven't seen one for CAP in about a year.  I only see a link to the "NHQ Contacts" page from capmembers.com, which is poorly presented.  https://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/nhq_contacts.cfm

Reading the vector reminded me to check to see if they had a published CAP directory, since there were areas not addressed in the vector.  FM, Strategic Planning, etc.  Since their information was not in the vector, I wanted to see who's there.

Link requires login:

https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.eServices.Web/Documents/CAP-USAF_Directory_Apr_2016.pdf

Offutteer

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on October 05, 2016, 03:24:19 AM
Quote from: Offutteer on October 04, 2016, 09:49:18 PM

Link requires login:

https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.eServices.Web/Documents/CAP-USAF_Directory_Apr_2016.pdf

Yes, that would be the CAP-USAF portion of directory.  It's missing the CAP NHQ side.  And has for almost a year. 

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

"** In accordance with CAPR 1-2, Personally Identifiable Information is no longer included. Please contact the section."

That sounds ominous. I checked the org chart and I could not find "the section."

>:D

Luis R. Ramos

Ya dont have the need to know where is that section!

>:D

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer