Main Menu

The Simsbury Fly In

Started by Mrfuji, September 21, 2016, 12:37:53 PM

Mrfuji

What will be going on at the Simsbury Fly In on Sunday? Which Squadrons are going? I know my Squadron will be going. I heard there will be a car show, a recruiting booth and we will be doing security duty. Is there anything else we will be doing there?
Gage Wiley

RogueLeader

I can't say much other than some of your questions will be able to be answered by your local leadership.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

futura

The Simsbury Fly In always has a large turnout. It's a 500 +/- car show plus 100 or so aircraft. Several squadrons participate and the Cadets assist the EAA in marshaling planes. Typically the airport will also buy you lunch but bring money just in case. Lots of fun and a great time work to work towards earning that recruiting ribbon!

Fubar

Seems interesting that in the "incident" video someone told a bunch of cadets to hang out near the plane and do absolutely nothing.

As for the last video, were there some challenging conditions the pilots were facing? A number of those landings seemed... exciting. I know there were edits, but you could see planes turning final as each plane landed. Seemed like a higher arrival rate than Oshkosh.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Fubar on September 24, 2016, 04:41:04 AM
Seems interesting that in the "incident" video someone told a bunch of cadets to hang out near the plane and do absolutely nothing.

As for the last video, were there some challenging conditions the pilots were facing? A number of those landings seemed... exciting. I know there were edits, but you could see planes turning final as each plane landed. Seemed like a higher arrival rate than Oshkosh.

Based on the last video and what I saw at Oshkosh in 2013, Oshkosh was much more busy. We had 214 planes land in about 10 minutes. And that was just one mass arrival. A solid line of dots just coming down continuously in groups of four.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340