AZWG uniform question

Started by Dad2-4, September 09, 2016, 03:45:21 AM

Dad2-4

I can't find anything on the AZWG website about wear of the wing patch. Is there an official memo or reg on it? Is wear of the wing patch mandatory?

Abby.L

Not mandatory.  Wing King hasn't made any commentary about them, so optional.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Toad1168

That seems to be the direction a lot of wings are going.  A wait and see what everyone else is going to do maybe?  I wish National would just kill the wing patches and only put them on flight suits.  IMHO.
Toad

DakRadz

OHWG banned them from the ABUs. So that's one direction.

GroundHawg

Quote from: DakRadz on September 09, 2016, 04:49:51 PM
OHWG banned them from the ABUs. So that's one direction.

Perfect. Thats the Story of My Life. Way to Drag Me Down.....

RazorbackPride

Must be nice, I'll be making another order to VG for a mandatory wing patch now, sigh...

MSG Mac

CAPM 39-1 says Wing Patches are optional, . That has been interpreted as the Wing Commander's option. But the contract with Vanguard says that if changed the Wings are responsible for all the remaining stock of patches. In other words if VG has 500 sets of Wing patches in stock and AZWG says NO Wing Patches-they have to buy up the stock on hand Ergo Wing patches are optional.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

UWONGO2

Quote from: Levi Lockling on September 09, 2016, 04:35:44 AM
Not mandatory.  Wing King...

Col Martha Morris may not appreciate being called the Wing King. Wing Queen maybe, Her Excellency is likely acceptable, and certainly Her Highness will be fondly received.

But Wing King? Probably not.

As for the patch, unless you get an email or see on the wing website that the patch is required, then per CAPM 39-1 and the ABU wear instructions, it's optional (search for wing/region/national patch may be sewn).

Abby.L

Quote from: UWONGO2 on September 12, 2016, 06:31:19 AM
Quote from: Levi Lockling on September 09, 2016, 04:35:44 AM
Not mandatory.  Wing King...

Col Martha Morris may not appreciate being called the Wing King. Wing Queen maybe, Her Excellency is likely acceptable, and certainly Her Highness will be fondly received.

But Wing King? Probably not.

As for the patch, unless you get an email or see on the wing website that the patch is required, then per CAPM 39-1 and the ABU wear instructions, it's optional (search for wing/region/national patch may be sewn).
Right, my bad. New to the state, still getting used to things around here.

I'm sure her excellency shall find it in her heart to spare what little's left of my soul.  ;D
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Dad2-4

I, too, am new to AZWG, hence the reason for my question. I tried, and was unsuccessful, in finding any memorandum on the subject. I'll be attending my first meeting as a member of AZWG Tuesday night.

Abby.L

Quote from: Dad2-4 on September 12, 2016, 01:17:12 PM
I, too, am new to AZWG, hence the reason for my question. I tried, and was unsuccessful, in finding any memorandum on the subject. I'll be attending my first meeting as a member of AZWG Tuesday night.

As you found no memo on the subject, I'd say you're probably safe to wear/not wear the wing patch as you desire.

I don't, personally, as I was moving wings every 6 months or so due to training, so I just haven't put one on since. I'll probably keep it that way.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

PHall

Quote from: MSG Mac on September 12, 2016, 02:45:40 AM
CAPM 39-1 says Wing Patches are optional, . That has been interpreted as the Wing Commander's option. But the contract with Vanguard says that if changed the Wings are responsible for all the remaining stock of patches. In other words if VG has 500 sets of Wing patches in stock and AZWG says NO Wing Patches-they have to buy up the stock on hand Ergo Wing patches are optional.

Where exactly does it say Wing Patches are optional in the 39-1?  I've done a number of searches of the current version and have not been able to find anything.
But I may have missed it, so if you have found it can you please give me a clue where to look???
Thanks

Vegas1972

Quote from: PHall on September 13, 2016, 12:36:59 AM
Quote from: MSG Mac on September 12, 2016, 02:45:40 AM

Where exactly does it say Wing Patches are optional in the 39-1?  I've done a number of searches of the current version and have not been able to find anything.
But I may have missed it, so if you have found it can you please give me a clue where to look???
Thanks

5.1.1.3.2. Left Sleeve. One full color, wing/region/national patch may be sewn to the coat on the left sleeve 1⁄2 inch below the shoulder seam and centered reflecting the individual's current unit of assignment. When the sleeve is creased during pressing, the patch edge shall be positioned along the forward facing side of the sleeve crease; patches shall not be folded over the top of a crease.

Also 10.1.1 lists three categories that are mandatory wear for badges and insignia and it's not one of them.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.