Check out the updated CAPR 36-1. There are new Equal Opportunity/ Non-Dicriminat

Started by kcebnaes, August 30, 2016, 02:55:25 AM

LSThiker

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on August 31, 2016, 02:39:10 PM
I tell most folks if they have a passport, bring that. Bam and done.

That is usually what I bring when I need to verify for employment. 

Out of curiosity, considering that only 36% of Americans (both adult and child) have a passport according to the US State Department, how many children (12-18) actually bring a passport?

Eclipse

Most recent new cadet was passport and driver's license (16).

From recent memory it's usually a hodge-podge, SSC, DLs, Birth certs, school IDs, etc. but as someone who only recently got a passport myself,
I'm surprised how many people in my AOR have them - probably a higher percentage because we are a gateway city.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

"Getawaywithit" more likely, though thankfully, while I grew up there, and still benefit economically
from the engine (looking at the lake front over the roof of the Art Institute as I type), I am no longer a "606er",
and haven't been for a long time.

We have a very large (by percentage) Polish, Russian, Irish, and Hispanic, not to mention the many and varied
Asian cultures, population, so we get probably a higher percentage of world travelers then a more rural or
fly-over wing might get.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Column A (one of the following documents is acceptable)

(If one of the documents in Column A is not available the applicant may present one of the items from Column B as well as one from Column C)

No need for any other docs, which is why Passport is great.

I'm actually surprised the passport numbers are that low. Granted, as a dirty Eastern European, passports were the form of ID. Under 18 didn't need one unless traveling outside the motherland, but all adults HAD to have one.

RRLE

Quote from: Eclipse on August 31, 2016, 04:41:53 AM
and  while I'm sure if someone works hard enough they can come up with some obscure combination of B & C that shields gender, the odds of a cadet being in that position are slim to none.

It isn't hard at all. B3 School ID may not list gender. If it does, and the Obama administration wins the current court cases, then schools will be compelled to change it to meet the student's request. But no matter, since, B10 School record/report card, does not list gender.

To complete the "one from column B and one from column C", we have C1, Social Security card, which does not list gender.

Tim Day

And, the CAPR 36-1 uses the term "gender expression" which is different than gender identity anyway.

The Girl Scouts have gone into some helpful detail at least on their FAQ:
Girl Scouts is proud to be the premiere leadership organization for girls in the country. Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority. That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.
I'm not sure how that is implemented (I've asked). If they have moved forward on this than maybe we can glean some best practices there.

I imagine at some point we will move to the case where the gender block policy follows local school practice as the closest thing we have to DEERS.
Tim Day
Lt Col CAP
Prince William Composite Squadron Commander

Gunsotsu

RTFM.

"It is CAP policy that no member shall be excluded from participation in,
denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination with respect to accessibility to any CAP
program or activity on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion (creed), national origin (ancestry),
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (formerly handicap), marital status,
military or veteran status."

As gender identity or expression is the heart of their identity as Trans, question answered. Accept it or move on.

CAPAPRN

Posted by Gunsotu:
RTFM.

"It is CAP policy that no member shall be excluded from participation in,
denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination with respect to accessibility to any CAP
program or activity on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion (creed), national origin (ancestry),
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (formerly handicap), marital status,
military or veteran status."

But it is so much easier when I let you read it to me! Thank-you!
Capt. Carol A Whelan CAP CTWG,
CTWG Asst. Director of Communications
CTWG Director of Admin & Personnel
Commander NER-CT-004
DCS CTWG 2015 Encampment