Vanguard and Insignia

Started by RazorbackPride, August 12, 2016, 03:00:12 PM

RazorbackPride

I thought the deal with VG was that they're supposed to stock anything I can't find at MCSS; I can't seem to find any velcro 2x2 grade at all and I can't find FO grade for FDU or parkas. I understand not having the new insignia since it's still summer, but there's not even ultramarine that I can find.

Spaceman3750

What is Velcro 2x2 grade?

I found FO grade for the FDU just fine, they have all 3 https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/cap-single-stripe-flight-officer-senior-grade-cloth-insignia

As far as the tab goes, I'm sure if you call they will produce it for you. They do the embroidery themselves anyways.

RazorbackPride

I couldn't find plastic FO for the USAF-style.

And 2x2 is for the fleeces.

DakRadz

The dark blue squares for the ABU fleece, I believe.

Razorback- In another thread, someone related that V will be stocking dark blue velcro square insignia (the only thing authorized for ABU) by fall. You can't wear ultramarine anything on ABU items anywho.

1st Lt Raduenz

Spaceman3750

Quote from: RazorbackPride on August 12, 2016, 03:21:42 PM
I couldn't find plastic FO for the USAF-style.

Duh, sorry, my bad.

I would still call VG.

RazorbackPride

Quote from: DakRadz on August 12, 2016, 03:23:28 PM
The dark blue squares for the ABU fleece, I believe.

Razorback- In another thread, someone related that V will be stocking dark blue velcro square insignia (the only thing authorized for ABU) by fall. You can't wear ultramarine anything on ABU items anywho.

1st Lt Raduenz

Yeah, but ultramarine should have been in stock for a while now for the corporate black fleece, right?

Eclipse

Quote from: RazorbackPride on August 12, 2016, 03:46:29 PM
Yeah, but ultramarine should have been in stock for a while now for the corporate black fleece, right?

VG has never produced these - members simply sewed their own using standard cloth grade.

"That Others May Zoom"

RazorbackPride

Oh. So they aren't required to produce our whole line of accouterments?

And why do people say a navy blue version will be produced in a few months?

LSThiker

IRC, there are no plastic encased FO-SFO grade insignia.  The plastic encased starts at 2d Lt.  Also, the 2x2 grade is a new development that VG will begin stocking with the new insignia.  They will not be supporting the ultramarine blue any more. 

RazorbackPride

So does that mean FO's can't wear a USAF flight suit since grade insignia is required?

dwb

CAPM 39-1 shows plastic encased flight officer insignia (pg. 126).

Take the advice in this thread and just call Vanguard. They're very helpful people.

RazorbackPride

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RazorbackPride on August 12, 2016, 05:00:34 PM
So does that mean FO's can't wear a USAF flight suit since grade insignia is required?

What grade is on your CAPID?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Abby.L

Quote from: SarDragon on August 12, 2016, 08:24:26 PM
Quote from: RazorbackPride on August 12, 2016, 08:12:10 PM
None

Then that's what you can wear on your zoom bag.
Then on that note, why would he wear anything on his other uniforms? Just because NHQ doesn't track TFO promotions, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

SarDragon

Because grade insignia are available for the other uniforms.

I haven't seen FO bag grade available in a long time. There just isn't a lot of demand for it. Sure, it would be great if the Big V had it, but it's not real big on their radar.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Sapper168

Quote from: dwb on August 12, 2016, 05:48:17 PM
CAPM 39-1 shows plastic encased flight officer insignia (pg. 126).

Take the advice in this thread and just call Vanguard. They're very helpful people.

Actually page 126 of CAPM 39-1 shows Officer mess dress shoulder boards.   Its page 125 and it doesn't actually show a picture but a graphic.  I have never seen plastic encased FO,TFO, SFO grades available from Vanguard in my 6 years tenure.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

dwb

It's on Page 126 in the latest version. https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/M391_E6F33EAAEC28A.pdf

You probably have an older PDF that doesn't have one of the more recent ICLs jammed into the front.

But yeah, this is all just picking nits. :)

FWIW, I've never seen plastic flight officer insignia either, and I've been in a lot longer than six years. I'm just saying it's in 39-1, so he can probably make his case with Vanguard to produce it if they don't already.

RazorbackPride

I'm all for less devices if that's an option.