Lightweight Blue Jacket embroidery

Started by Hawk200, July 28, 2016, 05:32:46 PM

Hawk200

Per 39-1, dated 6 March 2016:

6.1.3.3. The CAP Corporate Seal may be embroidered at the member's expense on the left breast of the jacket. The seal will be 2 5/8 inches in diameter, and represented in while thread using DOD Heraldic Yarn for Embroidery and Ribbon, Bale #HA White 6101, with a stiff tear-off backing and a total stitch count of 8,400 stitches minimum. The center point of the seal will be used to center the seal vertically between the shoulder seam and where the underarm seam joins the armhole sleeve, and centered horizontally between the center zipper and the sleeve armhole seam.

Now, that's the criteria. Does anyone know where this can be done? Never liked the plainness of the windbreaker, so I want to do this.

DakRadz

If you can get the digital file, many local sewing places could probably do it. Ask around fire/EMS depts to see who does their embroidery for jackets and shirts, etc.

The problem I would face is getting the digital file of the seal. My semi-small city has 3 places that do embroidery if the file is digital for them.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

NIN

How does that jibe with our IP, exclusive rights,  and quality control?

Usually costs you about $25 to have something digitized into a sewing file. And then of course the cost actually have the item embroidered.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Brad

Quote from: NIN on July 28, 2016, 09:26:33 PM
How does that jibe with our IP, exclusive rights,  and quality control?

Usually costs you about $25 to have something digitized into a sewing file. And then of course the cost actually have the item embroidered.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The CAP Corporate Seal available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/civilairpatrol/6959826111/in/album-72157605411001886/ - which is the official source per CAPR 900-2 Attachment 1 - is marked as Creative Commons with Attribution and No Derivatives as specified here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/ (Clicking on the No Derivatives bit says that "Merely changing the format never creates a derivative.")

Now, standard disclaimer of I'm not a CAP Legal Officer nor do I have a law degree, but I would think that that coupled with the fact that the specific use is spelled out in CAPM 39-1, that it is authorized to go through third-party vendors to obtain it.

As far as getting the file, I would suggest downloading the largest resolution file and converting it to an SVG or whatever usable format the tailor needs.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

akennedy1984

Also interested in getting this done....

following thread