Main Menu

Archive of Regs?

Started by cobra6987, July 28, 2016, 07:40:52 AM

cobra6987

Does anyone have archives of outdated regulations? Specifically, I'm looking for one that would have been in effect October of 2012. I have a captain in my group that has almost no PD completed (including specialty track higher than "none") and want to see if he was just promoted due to being a squadron CC or how. I know the new reg says 1st Lt is the highest to be given for SQ CC, but wondering how long it has been like that.
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL

Brad

It used to be Captain after one year as a Squadron CC, I remember that being used for one of my former Squadron Commanders around the time in question....well actually a bit before, but it didn't go out until later. See the Summary of Changes paragraph in CAPR 35-5 as of August 2014:

QuoteThis revision changes the professional development and time-in-grade requirements for duty performance promotions, revises eligibility for mission related skills promotions, eliminates the squadron commander promotion to captain after one year as commander...
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

cobra6987

Awesome, thank you. I'm kind of glad they reduced that actually.
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL

SarDragon

Brad is correct. I have copies of 35-5 from 16 MARCH 2010, and 27 DECEMBER 2012, which both have the CC for one year provision. This provision actually goes back into the '80s at least, since that's how I made captain.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret