Combat Control Orientation Course

Started by capmtlt, July 17, 2016, 07:06:30 PM

capmtlt

Does anyone know if the Combat Control Orientation course is still available to Cadets?

NIN

Quote from: capmtlt on July 17, 2016, 07:06:30 PM
Does anyone know if the Combat Control Orientation course is still available to Cadets?

It is not. The former project officer was PCS'd from Pope to USAFA and is now in Japan. 
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

capmtlt

Thanks for the response. I'll get that update out. A cadet asked me and I know it was offered in the past.

etodd

Hadn't heard of it, but seeing this video, I wish it was required of every high schooler .. CAP or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkiy6mQIlpU
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

RogueLeader

Quote from: NIN on July 17, 2016, 07:13:32 PM
Quote from: capmtlt on July 17, 2016, 07:06:30 PM

It is not. The former project officer was PCS'd from Pope to USAFA and is now in Japan.

The biggest issue was the loss of funding.  When units (AFSOC recruiting was our biggest source) had their funding cut, we were the first on the chopping block.  We also got donations of MRE's from various units on Ft Bragg, and they couldn't support that either.

The costs would have been to expensive to make it a self-funded activity. 
WYWG DP

GRW 3340