ABU Green Fleece Jacket Cadet NCO and Airman Insigna

Started by Spartan 92458-37017-EB, July 12, 2016, 04:56:03 PM

PHall

Quote from: RazorbackPride on August 16, 2016, 02:16:29 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on August 16, 2016, 01:21:48 AM
Quote from: USACAP on August 15, 2016, 06:16:54 PM
With the Army dumping this shade of green fleece in favor of coyote for the new OCP uniforms, these fleeces should be plentiful and cheap.

AF still wears it.

Still, that's literally over a million sage jackets no longer usable for the soldiers who have them.

When is the wear out date for the green fleece for the Army?

68w20

Quote from: PHall on August 16, 2016, 05:19:00 AM
Quote from: RazorbackPride on August 16, 2016, 02:16:29 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on August 16, 2016, 01:21:48 AM
Quote from: USACAP on August 15, 2016, 06:16:54 PM
With the Army dumping this shade of green fleece in favor of coyote for the new OCP uniforms, these fleeces should be plentiful and cheap.

AF still wears it.

Still, that's literally over a million sage jackets no longer usable for the soldiers who have them.

When is the wear out date for the green fleece for the Army?

1 October 2019 is the wear out date for UCP ACUs.  We can mix and match OCP and UCP until then, last I'd heard there wasn't an official wear out date for the green fleece.  I haven't seen an ALARACT addressing cold weather gear, but I could be wrong on this.

xray328

Any updates on this?  I still don't see anything on Vanguard and we are sending cadets to Winter Encampment with the fleece.

Damron

Quote from: xray328 on November 28, 2016, 05:29:13 PM
Any updates on this?  I still don't see anything on Vanguard and we are sending cadets to Winter Encampment with the fleece.

They can also wear the BDU Field Jacket.

xray328

Quote from: Damron on November 28, 2016, 05:39:04 PM

Good to know, thanks.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Damron on November 28, 2016, 05:39:04 PM

And Gortex
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

supertigerCH

Quote from: Levi Lockling on August 05, 2016, 07:12:19 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 05, 2016, 04:59:22 PM

(LARGER SIZE)
I'm surprised by how good the green fleece looks with the blue. Shame I'm in AZ...

The new dark blue looks good on everything.  I agree that it's actually quite amazing.

Just one more thing -- again proving how long overdue this was.  They should have made this change to CAP uniforms years (or even decades) ago.

JC004

I sent you a message.  I am trying to source more matching material for blank squares, because the demand is high and my supply is all claimed.  I have a person who will be shipping for me, so I will be in touch with the folks who have made inquiries.

I CAN produce blank squares using the elbow patches from the old-style Air Force sweater (the ribbed sweater), which has recently been phased out for CAP.  The match is good.  Actually, the first test (the photo above) is that material.  If a unit or members have those and they aren't faded, all they need to do is cut the elbow patches off. 

I'm waiting on a couple of mailed samples to see if I can get more matching material quickly, and I have 1 more fabric store to check (I have checked 3 in the last week+).  It has been harder than I thought to source more of the material locally.

xray328

Thanks.  I made a couple out of cadet officer epaulets but that's getting expensive. I'll see if I can snag a sweater off eBay. Vanguard said it's going to be a few more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laplace

Quote from: xray328 on December 03, 2016, 03:08:30 PM
Vanguard said it's going to be a few more months.

Any official comment from Vanguard or NHQ on how this happened?  I recall in June they were shooting to have out by the Fall.  Haven't seen anything new mentioned or explanations for the delay in any of the fleece rank threads.   

Eclipse

Nothing says "professional" like your operators sitting around a sewing circle cutting up old uniforms to
make new ones.

Ridiculous.

(JC - nothing against you for a solution, this is another VG / NHQ snafu).

"That Others May Zoom"

xray328

Quote from: Laplace on December 03, 2016, 10:40:36 PM
Quote from: xray328 on December 03, 2016, 03:08:30 PM
Vanguard said it's going to be a few more months.

Any official comment from Vanguard or NHQ on how this happened?  I recall in June they were shooting to have out by the Fall.  Haven't seen anything new mentioned or explanations for the delay in any of the fleece rank threads.

Nope, she sorta laughed and said "they said the same thing a few months ago".

I'm sure we'll have them once it starts warming up again and no longer need them though.

xray328

Quote from: Eclipse on December 03, 2016, 10:51:11 PM
Nothing says "professional" like your operators sitting around a sewing circle cutting up old uniforms to
make new ones.

Ridiculous.

I agree 100%, and remember folks...it's a blank piece of fabric with some Velcro on the back.

JC004

What confuses me is why they can't just source the fabric from the supplier they already have USING THE FABRIC.  Just don't sew anything on that square.  Thanks.

Meanwhile, members who don't buy in quantity need to find material that matches in color and weight (you can't use fabric made for outdoor furniture, even if the color is alright).

But yes, that does match, as you can see. 

It's likely available online easily, but lacking any specifications because there aren't any...

It would be easier if we had specifications.  I have been able to make them because I happened to have some matching fabric in my supply, then happened to notice the color match of the sweater, and was able to get a little more.  I made a bag from purple fabric for my sister.  But if I had to source matching purple material of the same weight, I'd probably have a hard time because the roll I got was free, I have no idea what store it came from, what the blend is, or who makes it. 

Spam

Quote from: xray328 on December 03, 2016, 11:40:41 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 03, 2016, 10:51:11 PM
make new ones.

Ridiculous.

I agree 100%, and remember folks...it's a blank piece of fabric with some Velcro on the back.

Absolutely!  Lets just turn the complex into the simple - lucky that we have a guy named Laplace here to help us transform!

(Engineer/Science/Math humor:  https://www.khanacademy.org/math/differential-equations/laplace-transform/laplace-transform-tutorial/v/laplace-transform-1, your moment of nerd awesomeness for the weekend - making complex calculus, SIMPLE)!

V/r
Spam

JC004

A blank piece of fabric Vanguard can't manage to get, even though their source is sewing the insignia onto that blank fabric...

It makes perfect sense.

For Vanguard.

ProdigalJim

You know, the longer this goes on the madder it makes me. Right now it is 33 deg F outside my window. In places like Traverse City, MI, it's 20 deg F. Vanguard knew this transition was coming, it was announced many months ago, and they STILL can't produce the correct insignia for the Sage ABU Fleece.

"But that's OK, we have a waiver that says we can still wear the old outergarments."

Yeah, that's great. That's the right answer. Now we can just continue to look bad until, well, until whenever.

I won't complain along the lines of "why isn't NHQ doing something" because neither I, nor any other member, really know whether and what NHQ is doing about it at all. But from the perspective of a member out here running a squadron -- you know, what our leaders like to call "The Heart Of CAP" -- I see no evidence that Vanguard is being held accountable.

And it sucks.

>:(
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Damron

Quote from: ProdigalJim on December 10, 2016, 10:05:26 PM
You know, the longer this goes on the madder it makes me. Right now it is 33 deg F outside my window. In places like Traverse City, MI, it's 20 deg F. Vanguard knew this transition was coming, it was announced many months ago, and they STILL can't produce the correct insignia for the Sage ABU Fleece.

"But that's OK, we have a waiver that says we can still wear the old outergarments."

Yeah, that's great. That's the right answer. Now we can just continue to look bad until, well, until whenever.

I won't complain along the lines of "why isn't NHQ doing something" because neither I, nor any other member, really know whether and what NHQ is doing about it at all. But from the perspective of a member out here running a squadron -- you know, what our leaders like to call "The Heart Of CAP" -- I see no evidence that Vanguard is being held accountable.

And it sucks.

Vanguard isn't the only game in town.  Find another vendor.

PHall

Quote from: Damron on December 11, 2016, 01:23:22 AM
Quote from: ProdigalJim on December 10, 2016, 10:05:26 PM

And it sucks.

Vanguard isn't the only game in town.  Find another vendor.

But Vanguard is the only game in town and they have the exclusive contract with CAP Inc. to prove it!

SarDragon

If it doesn't say CAP, Civil Air Patrol, or any of the IP protected insignia, it's fair game.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret