CAP members now eligible for Air Force Career Development Courses

Started by Eclipse, July 02, 2016, 04:09:58 AM

PHall

Quote from: shuman14 on July 04, 2016, 11:37:06 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 04, 2016, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on July 04, 2016, 11:14:39 PM
So theses are just the "books" to complete the Level 3, 5 and 7 courses without the school portion and the PME (i.e. ALS, NCOA, SNCOA, etc.)?

"Books"?  They are full correspondence courses, including the requirement to compete the final assessments at an approved testing center for completion credit.

Back in the day, when you showed up to your first duty station after Tech School, they thru a stack of books at you.

I realize today that all of them are computerized distance learning modules now, hence the "quotes".

Back in the day, i.e. 1975, when I arrived at my first duty station after graduating from tech school, I was immediately enrolled into the ECI Course to start earning my 5 Level. And I hadn't even been "officially" awarded my 3 Level yet!

PHall

Quote from: shuman14 on July 04, 2016, 11:39:55 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on July 04, 2016, 11:28:37 PM
These courses comprise the "knowledge" portion of the tech school curriculum. There is no accompanying practicum.

Roger. That's what I thought but I just wanted to confirm.

It be really interesting if the USAF were to allow CAP members to attend the practicum portions, very unlikely, but an interesting idea.

Why would they? What would the Air Force gain from this?

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on July 05, 2016, 12:07:41 AM
These courses comprise the "knowledge" portion of the tech school curriculum. There is no accompanying practicum.

It be really interesting if the USAF were to allow CAP members to attend the practicum portions, very unlikely, but an interesting idea.

On top of that, what would the benefit to CAP be? Some "book learnin'" might be of some general usefulness, depending on the specific topic, but all the practical knowledge I got in my Navy tech schools, less tools and soldering, has not made me a better asset to CAP.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TheTravelingAirman

Quote from: shuman14 on July 04, 2016, 11:37:06 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 04, 2016, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on July 04, 2016, 11:14:39 PM
So theses are just the "books" to complete the Level 3, 5 and 7 courses without the school portion and the PME (i.e. ALS, NCOA, SNCOA, etc.)?

"Books"?  They are full correspondence courses, including the requirement to compete the final assessments at an approved testing center for completion credit.

Back in the day, when you showed up to your first duty station after Tech School, they thru a stack of books at you.

I realize today that all of them are computerized distance learning modules now, hence the "quotes".

They are more of a hybrid today. The AF will not spend the money on CDCs being printed so instead you get a PDF version, and have 30 days per volume (just like it used to be). You sit down with your supervisor and test out of each volume via the built-in self tests (multi choice). Upon completion of ALL volumes, you again sit down and run practice tests, or verbal quizzes, whichever your flight uses, to determine readiness for the final test. You will report to the base testing center within 30 days of completion of the last volume to test out of your CDCs.

All the Air Force has done is make it so you print them out on your dime, really.

Eclipse

Better, more well rounded, membership in its Auxiliary?

Heightened awareness of its Auxiliary?

I seem to recall a press release about "Total something or other..."  might have been a misprint.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheTravelingAirman

Quote from: Eclipse on July 05, 2016, 12:21:18 AM

Better, more well rounded membership in its Auxiliary?

Heightened awareness of it Auxiliary?

I seem to recall a press release about "Total something or other..."  might have been a misprint.

The costs would be astronomical. Who's going to pay for your 6-month stay at Sheppard Air Force Base as you cover maintenance principals, or at Fort Sam Houston as you cover medical, or wherever for the course you've chosen? Even a few weeks will be costly at the "space available" rate ($~50/night), but lodging charges more for folks staying for official reasons, and those official reasons keep you from being booted from the hotel for other people.

Not to mention the slot for the class - the AF is not likely to boot an Airman so you can attend this course. These classes are often full enough, they have airmen sitting around at tech school cleaning things for up to a month waiting for another to start. The CDCs are good enough to make you a well-rounded member of CAP, depending on which courses one pursues.

Shuman 14

Trained CAP augmentees to assist the USAF in the rare (extremely rare) case of manpower shortages.

It could fall under USAFAux mission parameters.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Shuman 14

QuoteThe costs would be astronomical. Who's going to pay for your 6-month stay at Sheppard Air Force Base as you cover maintenance principals, or at Fort Sam Houston as you cover medical, or wherever for the course you've chosen? Even a few weeks will be costly at the "space available" rate ($~50/night), but lodging charges more for folks staying for official reasons, and those official reasons keep you from being booted from the hotel for other people.

Not to mention the slot for the class - the AF is not likely to boot an Airman so you can attend this course. These classes are often full enough, they have airmen sitting around at tech school cleaning things for up to a month waiting for another to start. The CDCs are good enough to make you a well-rounded member of CAP, depending on which courses one pursues.

Are all Tech schools that long? Are there any USAFR/AFNG schools that are geared at 2 weeks in length?

In the USAR/ARNG you can usually do a years worth of distance learning with a 2 week capstone training (i.e. shake-n-bake school) and be awarded a new MOS. Does the Air Force do anything like that?

If they did, I'm sure there would be members of CAP that would be willing can afford the time off from work, travel and lodging to get a USAF certified Tech school under their belt.
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

TheTravelingAirman

Quote from: shuman14 on July 05, 2016, 01:37:20 AM
QuoteThe costs would be astronomical. Who's going to pay for your 6-month stay at Sheppard Air Force Base as you cover maintenance principals, or at Fort Sam Houston as you cover medical, or wherever for the course you've chosen? Even a few weeks will be costly at the "space available" rate ($~50/night), but lodging charges more for folks staying for official reasons, and those official reasons keep you from being booted from the hotel for other people.

Are all Tech schools that long? Are there any USAFR/AFNG schools that are geared at 2 weeks in length?

In the USAR/ARNG you can usually do a years worth of distance learning with a 2 week capstone training (i.e. shake-n-bake school) and be awarded a new MOS. Does the Air Force do anything like that?

If they did, I'm sure there would be members of CAP that would be willing can afford the time off from work, travel and lodging to get a USAF certified Tech school under their belt.

Certainly not all, but the "pop-tarts" (phrase for the in-and-out schools) aren't exactly common either. If I remember correctly, during part 1 of my tech school at Keesler, there was 1 career field that did the pop-tart school and were graduated within 2 weeks, but the vast majority of us were there for 6 weeks to a year.

Part 2 at Sheppard had MAYBE 1 pop-tart style school. Our part 2 was 4-6 months, my overall Pt 1 and 2 lasting for 6 months.

USAF does not distinguish between Active, Guard or Reserve for training, we all go to the same BMT and tech schools.

PHall

The shortest Tech Schools that I know of are 8 weeks long. Most are in the 12 to 36 week range with a few being in the 60 to 72 week range.
When you go to a Tech School in the USAFR/ANG you are placed on an Active Duty "School Tour".

stillamarine

Quote from: PHall on July 05, 2016, 01:52:34 AM

The shortest Tech Schools that I know of are 8 weeks long. Most are in the 12 to 36 week range with a few being in the 60 to 72 week range.
When you go to a Tech School in the USAFR/ANG you are placed on an Active Duty "School Tour".

Which is why I decided not to go to the AFRes. Only thing I could have done had I think an 8 week tech school and I neither can afford to, nor have the inclination to leave home for 8 weeks for a tech school. A deployment is another story.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

audiododd

Quote from: TheTravelingAirman on July 05, 2016, 01:51:35 AM

Certainly not all, but the "pop-tarts" (phrase for the in-and-out schools) aren't exactly common either. If I remember correctly, during part 1 of my tech school at Keesler, there was 1 career field that did the pop-tart school and were graduated within 2 weeks, but the vast majority of us were there for 6 weeks to a year.

Oh man....I haven't heard that term in ages!  Do they still call them pop-tarts?  Do they still make Pinger Detectors in electronics fundies?  I still have mine somewhere in a box.  What was your school for?
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO
Safety/Comm/Admin/Personnel/IT
TMP - MO - MS - MRO - MSO

abdsp51

There's no benefit to the AF allow CAP to attend the tech schools.  Can't use them operationally and to simply get credit is a waste of resources.

Shuman 14

QuoteThere's no benefit to the AF allow CAP to attend the tech schools.  Can't use them operationally and to simply get credit is a waste of resources.

So other than "situational awareness" and the potential "free college credits", there is no purpose to taking these courses at all?  :-\
Joseph J. Clune

TheTravelingAirman

Quote from: audiododd on July 05, 2016, 02:55:47 AM
Quote from: TheTravelingAirman on July 05, 2016, 01:51:35 AM

Oh man....I haven't heard that term in ages!  Do they still call them pop-tarts?  Do they still make Pinger Detectors in electronics fundies?  I still have mine somewhere in a box.  What was your school for?

We called them pop-tarts in '08-'09. I'm Avionics, originally Sensors, but we died. Electronic Principals didn't have us building anything, the only hands-on that wasn't learning how to use analog test equipment was soldering and safety wiring. A lot of that knowledge is expected to be given at your duty station.

abdsp51

Quote from: shuman14 on July 05, 2016, 03:29:04 AM
QuoteThere's no benefit to the AF allow CAP to attend the tech schools.  Can't use them operationally and to simply get credit is a waste of resources.

So other than "situational awareness" and the potential "free college credits", there is no purpose to taking these courses at all?  :-\

Did you even read what was posted???? No as usual you didn't. 

Mitchell 1969

I think the whole "What does this do for CAP?" sub-thread misses a pretty big boat.

Providing these courses to CAP members may bring minimal benefit to CAP. Or none at all, for that matter. But, providing the courses might benefit some individual members of CAP.

The courses aren't mandated. USAF has made them available to CAP. CAP has told their members. From here on, it's up to the members to slide their trays down the cafeteria line and see if they have interest in or need for the courses. See something you like? Put it on your tray and move on. Nothing strikes your fancy? Sorry.

In that regard, why can't people just see it as a.....wait for it....MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT?

CAP has a bunch of membership benefits. Slide your tray, help yourself. Or don't. Your choice. But I've never heard anyone ask "Tuition discount for Masters in Health Care Informatics? How does THAT benefit CAP? Or, "Hertz discount? I don't rent cars, how does that benefit me OR CAP?"

Slide your tray. Take the courses or don't. They aren't costing you anything. Be grateful if you can use them. Say "Oh, well" if you can't. Move on.

Ps - CAP membership benefits from the website. Slide your tray.

http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/member_benefits/

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on July 05, 2016, 05:36:11 PM
I think the whole "What does this do for CAP?" sub-thread misses a pretty big boat.

Providing these courses to CAP members may bring minimal benefit to CAP. Or none at all, for that matter. But, providing the courses might benefit some individual members of CAP.

The courses aren't mandated. USAF has made them available to CAP. CAP has told their members. From here on, it's up to the members to slide their trays down the cafeteria line and see if they have interest in or need for the courses. See something you like? Put it on your tray and move on. Nothing strikes your fancy? Sorry.

In that regard, why can't people just see it as a.....wait for it....MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT?

CAP has a bunch of membership benefits. Slide your tray, help yourself. Or don't. Your choice. But I've never heard anyone ask "Tuition discount for Masters in Health Care Informatics? How does THAT benefit CAP? Or, "Hertz discount? I don't rent cars, how does that benefit me OR CAP?"

Slide your tray. Take the courses or don't. They aren't costing you anything. Be grateful if you can use them. Say "Oh, well" if you can't. Move on.

Thank you for posting this.

abdsp51

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on July 05, 2016, 05:36:11 PM

Sir,

The thread shifted from CDC's to actually attending Air Force Tech schools.  I posed the question of what does the Air Force gain from allowing this if the member can not be used operationally. 

I am all for training opportunities and branching out but the training needs to be something that can be readily and consistently applied and most importantly used. 

Want to read some CDC's sure go ahead,  but how are you going to take the exam for course credit?  How are you going to apply what you have read and tested on? 

Outside of gee whiz stuff how does CAP benefit from it if it can not be used?

Eclipse

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 05, 2016, 06:31:32 PM
The thread shifted from CDC's to actually attending Air Force Tech schools.  I posed the question of what does the Air Force gain from allowing this if the member can not be used operationally. 

I am all for training opportunities and branching out but the training needs to be something that can be readily and consistently applied and most importantly used. 

Want to read some CDC's sure go ahead,  but how are you going to take the exam for course credit?  How are you going to apply what you have read and tested on? 

Outside of gee whiz stuff how does CAP benefit from it if it can not be used?

At an approved testing center as mentioned several times.

Application is subjective to the member, however I would imagine classes in Cyber security could certainly be useful in an organization where
many websites can't even implement a certificate properly.

The list of classes is VERY long, hitting all sorts of corners of life, CAP and otherwise.  As usual, the reasoning behind the few NHQ chose to post
on the site with info is difficult to fathom, but look at some of these others.

(very poorly hacked out list from the CDC Index:
Command Control Systems Operations
Combat Control Journeyman
Combat Control Journeyman
Command Post Journeyman
Command Post Craftsman
Tactical Air Control Party Journeyman
Command And Control Battle Management Operations Journeyman
Space Systems Operations Journeyman
Ground Radar Systems Journeyman
Airfield Systems Journeyman
Intelligence
Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst Journeyman
Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Operator
Operations Intelligence Journeyman
Intelligence Fundamentals
Fundamentals Of Geospatial Intelligence
Signals Intelligence Analyst Journeyman
Fusion Analysis Journeyman
Aircrew Flight Equipment
Aircrew Flight Equipment Journeyman
Aircrew Flight Equipment Craftsman
Safety
Safety Journeyman
Weather
AWeather Journeyman
BWeather Journeyman
Special Operations Weather Journeyman
Weather Craftsman
Weather Craftsman
Special Operations Weather Craftsman
Manned Air and Space Maintenance
Air and Space Ground Equipment
Special Operations Forces/Personnel Recovery Integrated COMM/Nav/Missions Journeyman
SOF/PR Instrument & Flight Control Systems Journeyman
Special Operations Forces/Personnel Recovery Electronic Warfare Systems Journeyman
Integrated Fighter Avionic Systems Journeyman
Avionic Systems Journeyman
AA  /F  /F  /U Avionic Systems Craftsman
AAdvanced Integrated Avionic Systems Journeyman
AAF  Advanced Integrated Avionic Systems Journeyman
AMQ  /MQ  /RQ   Advanced Integrated Avionic Systems Craftsman
AAerospace Ground Equipment Journeyman
AAerospace Ground Equipment Craftsman

Aircraft Hydraulic 
AAircraft Hydraulic Systems Journeyman
Aircrew Egress 
AAircrew Egress Systems Journeyman
Aircraft Fuels
AAircraft Fuel Systems Journeyman 
Helicopter
AHelicopter/Tilt Rotor Journeyman
Air and Space Propulsion
ACAerospace Propulsion Journeyman
AFAerospace Propulsion Journeyman 
AHAerospace Propulsion Journeyman 
F   Avionics 
Structural Maintenance
AAircraft Metals Technology Journeyman
ANondestructive Inspection Journeyman
AAircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman
ALow Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman 
AMobility Air Force Integrated Communication/Navigation/Mission System Journeyman 
AMAF Integrated Instrument and Flight Control System Journeyman 
ABomber/Special Integrated Communication/Navigation/Mission Systems Journeyman 
ABomber/Special Mission Electronic Warfare/Surveillance Radar Systems Journeyman 
Avionics Test Station/Component
AKAvionic Test Station and Aircraft Component Journeyman
AMAvionic Test Station and Aircraft Component Journeyman 
APElectronic Warfare Systems Journeyman
Aerospace Maintenance...
AXXAerospace Maintenance Journeyman...
AXXAerospace Maintenance Craftsman 
Communications/Navigation Systems 
Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems
AAircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems Journeyman 
F Fuels 
FFuels Journeyman 
FFuels Craftsman 
G Logistical Plans
GLogistics Plans Journeyman 
GLogistics Plans Craftsman 
M Missile & Space Systems Maintenance
MAMissile and Space Systems Electronic Maintenance Journeyman
MBMissile and Space Systems Electronic Maintenance Journeyman 
MMissile and Space Systems Maintenance Journeyman
MMissile and Space Facilities Journeyman 
MMissile and Space Systems Electronic Maintenance Craftsman
MMissile and Space Systems Maintenance Craftsman
MMissile and Space Facilities Craftsman 

P Precision Measurement 
PAPrecision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Journeyman
PBPrecision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Journeyman
PPrecision Measurement Laboratory Craftsman
R Maintenance Management Systems
RMaintenance Management Analysis Journeyman 
RMaintenance Management Analysis Craftsman 
RMaintenance Management Production Journeyman
RMaintenance Management Production Craftsman
S Supply
SMateriel Management Journeyman
SMaterial Management Craftsman
T Transportation & Vehicle Maintenance
TTraffic Management Journeyman 
TTraffic Management Craftsman
TVehicle Operator/Dispatcher Journeyman
TVehicle Operator/ Dispatcher Craftsman
TAir Transportation Journeyman 
TAir Transportation Craftsman
TAVehicle And Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Journeyman 
TBBasic Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman 
TCVehicle and Equipment Journeyman
TASpecialized Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman Fire Trucks
TCSpecialized Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman Materiel Handling Equipment
TVehicle Maintenance Craftsman
TVehicle Management and Analysis Journeyman 
W Munitions & Weapons
WAAircraft Armament Systems Journeyman
WBAircraft Armament Systems Journeyman 
WAircraft Armament Systems Craftsman
WAMunitions Systems Journeyman 
WBMunitions Systems Journeyman 
WANuclear Weapons Journeyman 
WBNuclear Weapons Journeyman 
WNuclear Weapons Craftsman
A Administration  ZAAdministration Journeyman 
D Knowledge Operations
DKnowledge Operations Management Journeyman
DCyber Systems Operations Journeyman 
DCyber Surety Journeyman 
DCommunications Computer Systems Programming Journeyman 
DClient Systems Journeyman 
DCyber Transport Systems Journeyman 
DTransmission Systems Journeyman
DSpectrum Operations Journeyman

DGround Radar Systems Journeyman 
DAirfield Systems Journeyman
DCable And Antenna Systems Journeyman
E Civil Engineering 
Electrical Systems
ECElectrical Systems Journeyman
EDElectrical Systems Journeyman 
Environmental
EAEnvironmental Controls Journeyman
EBEnvironmental Controls Journeyman
Engineering
EEngineering Journeyman 
EBEngineering Journeyman
EOperations Management Journeyman
Power Production
ECElectrical Power Production Journeyman 
EDElectrical Power Production Journeyman 
Structural
EAStructural Journeyman 
EBStructural Journeyman 
ECStructural Journeyman 
HVAC & Refrigeration
EAHeating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Journeyman 
EBHeating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Journeyman
ECHeating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration HVAC/R Journeyman 
Explosive Ordnance Disposal
EExplosive Ordnance Disposal Journeyman
Pavements and Construction Equipment Operator
EPavements and Construction Equipment Operator Journeyman
EBPavements and Construction Equipment Operator Journeyman 
Readiness 
EEmergency Management Journeyman
EAWater and Fuel Systems Maintenance Journeyman
EBWater and Fuel Systems Maintenance Journeyman
E Civil EngineeringFire Protection 
WHazardous Materials HazMat Operations Web  Based
WHazardous Materials HazMat Technician Web  Based
WHazardous Materials HazMat Incident Commander Course Web  Based 
NHazardous Materials HazMat Officer Certification Course *pdf
WHazardous Materials Safety Officer Web  Based
NFire Fighter I Certification Course *pdf 
NFire Fighter II Certification Course *pdf
NAirport Fire Fighter Certification Course *pdf
NMarine Fire Fighter 
NPublic Safety Telecommunicator I/II Certification Course *pdf 
WFire Apparatus Driver/OperatorPumper 
WFire Apparatus Driver/OperatorAerial
WFire Apparatus Driver/OperatorARFF 

WApparatus D/OMobile Water Supply Web  Based
WFire Instructor I Certification Course Web  Based 
WFire Instructor II Certification Course Web  Based
Fire Instructor III Paper  Based CDC
WWildland Firefighter I Web  Based
WWildland Firefighter II Web  Based 
WFire Officer  Web  Based
WFire Officer II Web  Based 
Fire Officer III Paper  Based CDC
Fire Officer IV Paper  Based CDC
WFire Inspector I Web  Based 
WFire Inspector II Web  Based
Fire Inspector III Paper  Based CDC
WFire and Life Safety Educator  Web Based
WFire Department Incident Safety Officer 
M Services
MAServices Journeyman 
MBServices Journeyman
MAServices Craftsman 
MBServices Craftsman 
N Broadcasting/Public Affairs 
NBroadcaster Journeyman 
NPublic Affairs Photojournalist Journeyman
NXPublic Affairs Craftsman
P Security Forces
PSecurity Forces Journeyman
PCCombat Arms Journeyman
PDMilitary Working Dog Journeyman 
PSecurity Forces Craftsman 
S Mission Support 
SPersonnel Journeyman 
SPersonnel Craftsman 
SEducation and Training Manager Journeyman 
SManpower Journeyman
Medical
Bioenvironmental Engineering 
BBioenvironmental Engineering Journeyman 
Diagnostic Imaging
RDiagnostic Imaging Journeyman 
Health Services Management
AHealth Services Management Journeyman
AHealth Services Management Supervisor
AMedical Materiel Journeyman
Mental Health
CMental Health Journeyman
CMental Health Craftsman
Occupational & Physical Therapy

JPhysical Medicine and Orthotics Craftsman
Pharmacy 
PAPharmacy Journeyman 
PBPharmacy Journeyman 
Public Health 
EPublic Health Journeyman 
Air and Space Physiology 
MAerospace Physiology Journeyman 
Biomedical Equipment
AABiomedical Equipment Journeyman
ABBiomedical Equipment Journeyman
ABiomedical Equipment Craftsman 
Diet Therapy
DDiet Therapy Journeyman 
Medical Laboratory 
TAMedical Laboratory Journeyman Administration and Chemistry 
TBMedical Laboratory Journeyman  Microbiology
TCMedical Laboratory Journeyman  Hematology, Immunology, and Blood Banking
Medical Service 
NAAerospace Medical Service Journeyman
NBAerospace Medical Service Journeyman 
NAerospace Medical Service Craftsman
Ophthalmology & Optometry
VAOphthalmology Journeyman
VBOphthalmic Journeyman
Physical Therapy
JAPhysical Medicine Journeyman 
JBPhysical Medicine Journeyman
Surgical Service 
NASurgical Service Journeyman 
NBSurgical Service JourneymanPart II
NSurgical Service Craftsman 
Y Dental
YADental Assistant Journeyman 
YBDental Assistant Journeyman
YCDental Assistant Journeyman
YDental Laboratory Journeyman 
YDental Assistant Craftsman 
YDental Laboratory Craftsman
J Paralegal
JParalegal Journeyman
R Chapel
RChapel Assistant Journeyman
C Contracting 
CContracting Journeyman
CContracting Craftsman
F Financial 
FAFinancial Management and Comptroller Journeyman 

FBFinancial Management and Comptroller Journeyman
FFinancial Management and Comptroller Craftsman 
S Reporting Identifiers
SScientific Application Specialist
B Medical 
AMHealth Services Administration Multimedia Instruction CD  ROM
BERBM/BERPMUSAF Ergonomics CD  ROM 
BRSOMUSAF Radiation Safety Officer CD  ROM
Supervisor Safety
Air Force Joint Service Supervisor Safety Course 
A Aircraft Communication/Navigation Systems
AAircraft Communication/Navigation Systems
SWInstructor Methodology Course 
Logistics, Plans, and Programs
Introduction to the Quality Function 
An Introduction to Air Force Provisioning Management
Quality Management

There's plenty there that would benefit CAP both directly and indirectly, not to mention member's resumes.

The idea of in-residence classes only works if you're in proximity to the school, or would care to go on your own nickel,
but considering the US is in a draw-down, if the seat is empty, why not.

Regardless, that doesn't negate the potential value of the above to those so inclined to partake.

"That Others May Zoom"