Vanguard discount codes

Started by RNOfficer, June 22, 2016, 12:43:31 AM

RNOfficer

With everyone (seemly) buying new insignia, I want to remind users that Vanguard offers a discount code almost every month. The code of June is JUNFB1016

When a code is available, it can be found on their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/vanmilstore/

Cheers

NIN

And yet I'm still feeling unfullfilled.... :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

DakRadz

Used this to buy all new-color insignia just now. Might keep my old cadet ultramarine tapes and have a "throwback" uniform, but primarily I like the new dark blue.

I also am unfulfilled. Alas.

Майор Хаткевич

Replace FB with TW for Twitter code. Should have thought of that...can only use code once a month...use each once maybe?

Ordered on 15th, unfulfilled as well, but that was to be expected.

wacapgh

Actually was able to order on the evening of the 14th (about 2000 PDT), still "Unfulfilled" as well.

Майор Хаткевич

If anyone orders today, let us know the order number, so we can see what the volume was in a week. I've got numbers for the week prior.

LSThiker

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on June 22, 2016, 09:01:49 PM
If anyone orders today, let us know the order number, so we can see what the volume was in a week. I've got numbers for the week prior.

107063 from the 20th.

RogueLeader

I ordered Monday afternoon-20 June 2016, order number 107123
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: LSThiker on June 22, 2016, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on June 22, 2016, 09:01:49 PM

107063 from the 21st.

June 8th Order #103455
June 15th Order #105532

That's 2077 in a week

June 15th Order #105532 to June 21st #107063

That's 1531 in 6 days.

So actually less in the last week, overall. Must be the embroidery then.

But Rogue's order from day earlier is a higher number? Hm...

LSThiker

Sorry mine was from the 20th.  Was thinking the 21st.

ProdigalJim

#106439 on 17 June

I, too, remain unfulfilled. But I'm working on myself every day!
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DakRadz

Ozzy

Well, if we are looking for average week count, I ordered some items on May 12th (96384) and it shipped on the 13th... this included a grey name plate.

So... 103455 - 96348 = 7107 orders between 12 May and 8 June.

That's 28 days between the 2 dates.

7107 / 28 = ~254 orders per day

253.8 * 7 = 1776 orders per week.

Which means there doesn't really seem to be such a large increase the month prior to what is currently being ordered.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Майор Хаткевич

Typically they do great with custom stuff. But not with hundreds at once I bet.

NIN

Mind you, those aren't all CAP orders

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on June 23, 2016, 02:15:49 AM
Mind you, those aren't all CAP orders

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, so assuming we had an increase, last week someone else had a big jump too.

arBar

Garibaldi

Well, ordered a full set of the new just now. I forgot to order a new senior GT badge tho, but I really want to be bling-free WHEN I'm able to proudly wear the ABU. I'm gonna do this. Order 108025, if that's how you're gauging this
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

NIN

105117 on the 14th.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Papabird

Quote from: NIN on June 23, 2016, 02:27:48 PM
105117 on the 14th.

#105433 on the morning of the 15th.  So 316'ish orders overnight.   :o
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

Pace

Which will come first, I wonder? The AAFES ABUs or the new VG tapes?
Lt Col, CAP

winterg

Order #105151 - Jun 14, 2016

Currently Unfulfilled

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Jester

Quote from: Pace on June 24, 2016, 10:15:12 AM
Which will come first, I wonder? The AAFES ABUs or the new VG tapes?

Considering the Vanguard tapes are at least orderable, and AAFES hasn't even got them on the website MCS orders nametapes yet (last I heard they had sent samples to NHQ after some rigamarole regarding color specs), I'd say this race is almost certainly going in Vanguard's favor.

NIN

I have a thing for goofy watches, so every so often I will buy 2-3 watches from this Chinese website and it takes something like 3 weeks to get the package (they must put it on a freighter).

I ordered two smartwatches on the 14th. I predict they will be here before my insignia.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

DakRadz

^ ^

Based on this, I have approximately a week or less. So it's a matter of whether NHQ processes my new check/application (original check, per CC, was addressed to the Wing) or Vanguard processes my order first.

Let the games begin.

Майор Хаткевич

Jun 15, 2016   Paid   Unfulfilled

Holding Pattern

I am strongly regretting checking the box that said to ship everything as one box instead of as things were ready. I ordered a stack of stuff that is probably all held up by the name tapes.

Ozzy

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on June 27, 2016, 07:14:41 PM
I am strongly regretting checking the box that said to ship everything as one box instead of as things were ready. I ordered a stack of stuff that is probably all held up by the name tapes.
I checked ship things as they were ready... I still didn't get them shipped yet.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

winterg

I just got notice that my order with new insignia, ranks and name tapes shipped complete today.  Will be interested to see what I get when I open it. 

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

wacapgh

Quote from: wacapgh on June 22, 2016, 07:55:51 PM
Actually was able to order on the evening of the 14th (about 2000 PDT), still "Unfulfilled" as well.

Me ^ 105205 June 14th.

So I'm about 50 orders after winterg. Maybe later today or tomorrow?

Papabird

Quote from: wacapgh on June 28, 2016, 05:54:47 PM
Quote from: wacapgh on June 22, 2016, 07:55:51 PM

Me ^ 105205 June 14th.

So I'm about 50 orders after winterg. Maybe later today or tomorrow?

#105433 - Jun 15, 2016   Fulfilled
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

jjmalott

#107745 have now been shipped.  Delivery expected tomorrow.

Jeff Malott, Lt Col, CAP
National eLearning Coordinator

Ozzy

#105644 is partially filled... it changed since about 1600 last checked. I'll let you know what it comes with =|
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

wacapgh

#105205 partially filled. Name tapes, CAP tapes, GTM, Observer, shipping. No grade insignia (Lt Col) at this time.

Okayish Aviator

Order #106580  Fulfilled and Shipped   ETA Thursday
Order #106579  Fulfilled and Shipped   ETA Tomorrow

Several sets of new tapes, patches and other items for the ABU's. Observer wings, GTM2 etc.

Now to find a place in Florida to get it all put on. I don't have a sewing machine down here as it stayed up north with my mother lol.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

MSG Mac

106502 grade, name tag, and CAP tape MIA from 17 June.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Майор Хаткевич

Mine is officially filled, but word is some members in my wing received OLD tapes instead of new...doh.

Damron

The biggest discount is free shipping for orders over $50.

DakRadz

Quote from: DakRadz on June 23, 2016, 12:03:13 AM
Today, 6/22/16

Mine went fulfilled at 1115hrs today. I became a member again at 1138hrs today.

Big V: 1
NHQ: 0
Lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

spree610

order# 105862 June 15th (name tapes and CAP tapes) unfulfilled.

order# 105869 June 15th (3 sets rank i forgot) shipped June 23.

I have a set of the navy blue rank and the new dark blue rank. at first glance they look the same but upon close inspection the new fabric is just slightly darker than the navy blue rank for the corp suit. You almost cant tell. The new stuff also has a new fabric pattern compared to the navy tapes.

Abby.L

#108692(25Jun16) unfulfilled.

Not surprised, considering all the custom order stuff, like nametags, tapes, and a golf shirt with embroidery... It'll come before the next ice age, I'm sure.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Levi Lockling on June 29, 2016, 03:42:02 AM
#108692(25Jun16) unfulfilled.

Not surprised, considering all the custom order stuff, like nametags, tapes, and a golf shirt with embroidery... It'll come before the next ice age, I'm sure.

I've had custom polos shipped in 2-3 days. It's the new stuff holding it up. My stuff should arrive tomorrow according to tracking.

NIN

I'm still waiting on my custom military badges.. Grrr. Ordered those on the 14th too. 

I just got off the horn with the guys outside Ft. Leonard Wood, and I have 5 pr of aircrew wings on the way, silver on navy.  Apparently some people have been ordering their military badges on "Navy" and some have been ordering on "Midnight Blue" (which is "close to black") .  Oh, boy.

(for the record, I went with Navy)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Jester

I have a picture of that place's silver on navy and silver on midnight side by side but I don't think I can post it via tapatalk.

spree610

The rank got for the new stuff were labeled AF blue where the old stuff was labeled navy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laplace

Quote from: spree610 on June 29, 2016, 03:01:57 AM
order# 105862 June 15th (name tapes and CAP tapes) unfulfilled.

order# 105869 June 15th (3 sets rank i forgot) shipped June 23.

Order #105289 June 14th - Custom Polo shirt and new style CAP/name tapes in route and should be here by June 30th, but, new style Lt Col rank backordered until mid July  :o   Huh???

MSG Mac

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 28, 2016, 11:55:21 PM

Notified the CAP and Name tapes are on the way-No Lt Col insignia
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 29, 2016, 10:13:25 PM

The seventh ring of Hell is a Lt Col with ABUs, new tapes and no grade insignia.

I'd bet they are batch running each grade and the hamsters are tired.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

That's one of the reasons they wouldn't accept orders until 6/15
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on June 29, 2016, 10:45:23 PM

The seventh ring of Hell is a Lt Col with ABUs, new tapes and no grade insignia.

I guess Majors are the sixth ring?

MSG Mac

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 30, 2016, 12:05:03 AM

We let you wear Farts and Darts-Isn't that enough?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

RogueLeader

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 30, 2016, 12:05:03 AM

They sent me my Major sew on insignia, but no Gortex tab.  I figured I'd save a step and order my Lt Col now, instead of November (1 Nov is my eligible date) and now, no joy.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

dogden

I just got notified that all of my stuff including Lt Col insignia shipped with the exception of GP/CC badges. Order placed on the 27th and shipped today.
David C Ogden, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing, Group IV Commander
GRW#3325

CS

All should remember, that the new insignia is not Navy Blue and not Midnight blue.  The insignia is called AF Blue by Vanguard and is the specific cable color authorized.  The silver and gold thread is also specified, so all those ordering from other sites are most likely not getting the right color and will be wearing the wrong insignia and tapes.  Pictures do not show the true colors of the new insignia, so be careful.  Just so you all know they are as close to black as blue can get and are exactly the color of the blue in the AF enlisted rank chevrons.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: CS on July 01, 2016, 04:46:24 PM
All should remember, that the new insignia is not Navy Blue and not Midnight blue.  The insignia is called AF Blue by Vanguard and is the specific cable color authorized.  The silver and gold thread is also specified, so all those ordering from other sites are most likely not getting the right color and will be wearing the wrong insignia and tapes.  Pictures do not show the true colors of the new insignia, so be careful.  Just so you all know they are as close to black as blue can get and are exactly the color of the blue in the AF enlisted rank chevrons.

I know Nin did some thread color coding comparison. Can someone post pictures of the blue chevron vs the tapes? Is it also same blue as 1620/1625?

CS

No it is much darker.  Unable to add an attachment.

Майор Хаткевич

RNOfficer

Quote from: dogden on July 01, 2016, 04:23:02 PM
I just got notified that all of my stuff including Lt Col insignia shipped with the exception of GP/CC badges. Order placed on the 27th and shipped today.

Also partially fulfilled.

Sapper168

Ultramarine on left, navy in center, new Dark(AF) blue on right.  Top picture is inside in artificial light, bottom in natural light but not direct sunlight on the sidewalk.

Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

NIN

I think its important to note that lighting plays a gigantic part in our ability to perceive and photograph the badges and their colors.

You take a pic where the light is rich and orange-ish (the top pic above) the camera in a phone will be overwhelmed by a predominate light and things will look weird.

Then you take some pics with the flash, and depending on distance, angle, angle of the flash to the axis of the lens, and a myriad of other factors, the colors will take on a different cast.

I have tried to take my pics (usually) in natural light. The pic I shot of the badges from Nametags4u was on the front seat of my car in regular sunlight, for example.  (I did take some pics with the flash of my completed uniform).

Suffice to say, lacking any clear color specifications, we're going to be seeing a lot of interesting color variations between the "official" tapes and CAP-specific badges (Vanguard) and any badges made by third party vendors (ie. military occupational badges, silver on dark navy blue). 

I know one vendor that I usually get my Army Aircrew Wings Aviation Badge (ugh, stupid Army..) from uses the term "Midnight Blue" vs "Dark Navy Blue" for their version of "Really dark blue".   I originally ordered my wings on Navy Blue because they said they were getting mostly "Navy Blue" orders. (this is what I get for following the crowd..LOL) Upon receiving my stuff from Vanguard the next day, I realized that Navy Blue wasn't going to cut the mustard and I was able to call them and modify my order from "Navy Blue" to "Midnight Blue" before they made them (whew, crisis averted, for now, at least)

I guess the tl;dr is "Be careful with your colors, and if you're going to take photos and post them here to describe any color differences, do so in as neutral of a light as possible."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Sapper168

I edited my post to explain top was in artificial light and bottom is in natural indirect light.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Ozzy

Perhaps if you want a military badge in the new color, you could talk with the vendor and send them a sample to match the closest. Just an idea.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

Garibaldi

Got mine today...no ship notification, just boom, in my mailbox today. Have to say, not terribly disappointed with the new look. Used my current insignia for a sizing comparison, sewing them on my BDUs, which will debut in the near future.

Майор Хаткевич

RogueLeader

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 22, 2016, 09:12:02 PM
I ordered Monday afternoon-20 June 2016, order number 107123

Just made another order today, and order is 145735, which is a difference of 38,612 orders in less than 5 months.  Wow.

Also noted that their new nametapes, sku CAP6402 don't allow for adding name.  I called them and let them know.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 15, 2016, 08:14:26 PM
Just made another order today, and order is 145735, which is a difference of 38,612 orders in less than 5 months.  Wow.

Seems like a lot until you consider there are ~2.33MM people in the active, reserve and auxiliary "Big 5" components, and
a couple of those services have had their own recent major uniform changes to deal with as well.

Works out to be about 257 orders a day, assuming they are sequential and all for new orders (vs. RMAs).

The above assumes my !@#$$% calculator is now fixed.

Also noted that their new nametapes, sku CAP6402 don't allow for adding name.  I called them and let them know.

This is actually correct.  The NUC recently reduced the number of authorized names allowed on the uniform to those already
in eServices to reduce the memory requirements.  Members will now be issued a randomized "namelet" from the available pool.

Members may opt out and simply be referred to as "yo".

Due to the emergency nature of this situation, the ICL is scheduled for release in FY2018.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

In addition, I also sent them an email to the cap@vanguardmil.com and I had a positive response in 1 hour and 1 minute.  I was expecting a bit longer than that, so I'm surprised in a good way.

Maybe they knew I have applied for a high position. . . . <frowns><looks over shoulder>

Either way, I'm happy with their customer support right now, even if their website could use a slight tweak.   :)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on November 15, 2016, 09:06:27 PM

Seems like a lot until you consider there are ~2.33MM people in the active, reserve and auxiliary "Big 5" components, and
a couple of those services have had their own recent major uniform changes to deal with as well.

Works out to be about 257 orders a day, assuming they are sequential and all for new orders (vs. RMAs).

Truth be told, when I was on AD Army, I never bought anything from VG.  It was bought from the Clothing Sales/PX/Local shop.  None of the guys I knew of did either.  YMMV
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 15, 2016, 09:24:09 PM
Truth be told, when I was on AD Army, I never bought anything from VG.  It was bought from the Clothing Sales/PX/Local shop.  None of the guys I knew of did either.  YMMV

VG manufacturers a significant amount of insignia and uniform parts that are re-sold by MCSS, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on November 15, 2016, 09:28:11 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on November 15, 2016, 09:24:09 PM

VG manufacturers a significant amount of insignia and uniform parts that are re-sold by MCSS, etc.

Agreed.  That's why I never thought about buying from them.  Never crossed my mind that I could.  Now that I think about it, all the times I was on Vanguard for buying my CAP stuff, I completely overlooked the military stuff.  Wow.   :o
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Briank

Just ordered some stuff and ran into the interesting situation where it was cheaper *without* the current discount code...  Upon adding the discount code, the cheap shipping method disappears.  In this case, the price increase on shipping was more than the savings from the discount!

RogueLeader

It must have taken the order below  $50. I still had the free shopping, ever with the 10% discount.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on June 22, 2016, 05:44:32 PM
Replace FB with TW for Twitter code. Should have thought of that...can only use code once a month...use each once maybe?

Ordered on 15th, unfulfilled as well, but that was to be expected.

You can use each code once, not one code a month.  I used the NOVFB1016 yesterday, and NOVTW1016 today.  As it happens, I forgot to order things yesterday.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Got the second order today (first had custom tapes) and correct.  They did have the one mini-medal backordered, and they even emailed me with the expected fulfillment (first week of December no less.)  The Epaulets that I had ordered were of good quality.  The grey was slightly off from my Major epaulets, but the insignia was in more proper position, and the grey bar across the bottom (not sure what it's called) was straight and parallel to the bottom of the epaulet (which my Major epaulets are not.)

I'm happy with this order.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

NIN

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 21, 2016, 10:03:15 PM
and the grey bar across the bottom (not sure what it's called)

Thats the "field grade" stripe.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP