Uniform of the future

Started by etodd, May 13, 2016, 07:21:38 PM

KASSRCrashResearch

Quote from: etodd on May 13, 2016, 07:44:54 PM
When was the last time you did CAP Border Patrol looking for submarines, etc. ?  LOL

When was the last time we faced an enemy conducting unrestricted submarine warfare using diesel boats? LOL
I have complete faith in the continued absurdity of what ever is going on.

lordmonar

Sure there could a FEMA cadet program. 

But it would not be Civil Air Patrol and IMHO bending the already working program would break us.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

etodd

Quote from: lordmonar on May 16, 2016, 02:09:14 AM
Sure there could a FEMA cadet program. 

But it would not be Civil Air Patrol and IMHO bending the already working program would break us.

Thats why I'm looking 20 years ahead. To the time our current type of missions don't justify us having all these airplanes around. Can't wait until it happens. Have to start planning now. "Surely" Hdqs is already doing studies and not waiting.

Without the airplanes .... how would it affect CADET recruitment?

Trying to maintain status quo will not keep CAP together.  Everything, especially technology, is changing too fast.

Hence the new Garmin Virb cameras. Hdqs is surely experimenting, trying to find and develop 'something' to keep us relevant. Having FEMA as a 'buyer' of our services is a great start. But again ... is the beginning of moving us away from our Air Force SAR mission that technology will soon eliminate and moving us more toward FEMA and even State EMS departments.

Some of you keep talking like I'm being negative ... when its totally the opposite. I'm the one seeing an exciting future for all of us with new missions and purposes in this fast changing world.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

SAREXinNY

Quote from: etodd on May 16, 2016, 02:23:55 AM
Some of you keep talking like I'm being negative ... when its totally the opposite. I'm the one seeing an exciting future for all of us with new missions and purposes in this fast changing world.

I agree. My vision of the future of this program isn't all roses either. We have to evolve, adapt, and change to meet the needs of the day.  I can see us moving into a more FEMA-type organization...even though I hate the idea of it.  I think some people have trouble differentiating between realistic analysis and arguing for, what they assume, you'd like to see the organization morph into.

etodd

Quote from: SAREXinNY on May 16, 2016, 02:35:00 AM
Quote from: etodd on May 16, 2016, 02:23:55 AM

I agree. My vision of the future of this program isn't all roses either. We have to evolve, adapt, and change to meet the needs of the day.  I can see us moving into a more FEMA-type organization...even though I hate the idea of it.  I think some people have trouble differentiating between realistic analysis and arguing for, what they assume, you'd like to see the organization morph into.

It'll morph into something we haven't even mentioned yet. I'm just throwing fun ideas out to get folks thinking and pondering their own visions. Some will ponder, while others will be like the old Baptist Deacon who stands up at every meeting saying ... "We aint never done it that way before and I don't see any reason to change it now." LOL

abdsp51

I think Radioman has resurrected himself. 

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

SarDragon

According to his profile, he's an old fart.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

etodd

Quote from: SarDragon on May 16, 2016, 06:35:09 AM

I don't know anyone called Radioman. Here is where I introduced myself not long ago.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=135.msg381928#msg381928

PHall

Quote from: etodd on May 16, 2016, 12:52:27 PM

I don't know anyone called Radioman. Here is where I introduced myself not long ago.

You say you're new to CAP, great. New guys usually get a break around here. But then, knowing nothing about the organization, you want to make major changes?
Yeah, that's when the Welcome mat gets yanked.

Stick around and learn something about CAP before you start wanting to make any changes.

Or are you a troll??? ???

SAREXinNY

Quote from: PHall on May 16, 2016, 03:18:20 PM
Quote from: etodd on May 16, 2016, 12:52:27 PM

You say you're new to CAP, great. New guys usually get a break around here. But then, knowing nothing about the organization, you want to make major changes?
Yeah, that's when the Welcome mat gets yanked.

Stick around and learn something about CAP before you start wanting to make any changes.

Or are you a troll??? ???

I don't see this as trolling.  He is discussing some pretty valid observations.  And the only suggestions about change he is recommending is that we start looking forward to what our next missions will be and how it will affect our organization.  I don't see that as a bad thing.  I went back and re-read all of his posts and nothing offended me...except those FEMA uniforms...  >:D

sardak

Were any of these ideas submitted as part of the survey which just went out to senior members?

Mike

Eclipse

Quote from: sardak on May 16, 2016, 03:45:56 PM
Were any of these ideas submitted as part of the survey which just went out to senior members?

No.  The survey, at least the one I saw, was focused entirely on whether a member felt value
for their membership, distance to meetings, and if they would spend more time on CAP if they had to work less.

"That Others May Zoom"

sardak

The one I took had two free form blocks asking for suggestions. I think I maxed out on one of them, or the filter decided it had enough of me.

Mike

MacGruff

Quote from: sardak on May 16, 2016, 03:57:57 PM
The one I took had two free form blocks asking for suggestions. I think I maxed out on one of them, or the filter decided it had enough of me.

Mike

Funny! I thought I was the only one that happened to!!!   >:D

SAREXinNY

Quote from: MacGruff on May 16, 2016, 04:45:41 PM
Quote from: sardak on May 16, 2016, 03:57:57 PM

Mike

Funny! I thought I was the only one that happened to!!!   >:D

Add me to that list too.  I tried not to be too critical, and not everything I provided as feedback was negative...but I did address some of the issues in this thread (not specific to the whole FEMA thing).  I was also very very pleased to see that they had a checklist of things that may be frustrating to members.  Considering all of my frustrations were included in that checklist I was happy that national is at least aware of all of those issues that make me want to pull my hair out.

reidleonard

Quote from: lordmonar on May 15, 2016, 11:41:21 PM
We do a lot for Big Blue Air Force.   We don't necessarily do anything for your local Air Force Base.  But big blue it is totally a different story.

Manning, training, equipping and operating our Aerial SAR mission saves the USAF multiple millions of dollars!   More then enough that they don't mind to pay for our cadet program, AE program, et al.

We are what they call force multipliers.   We do our job....so the USAF does not have to and they can do other things.

Agree!
Having flown several Fertile Keynote missions in support of
MA Wing, I can attest that the Air Natl Guard F-15 pilots really appreciate CAP's participation in these slow-speed intercept training sorties.

CAP Cadet and AFROTC orientation flights are also helpful to USAF recruiting.

The rigorous Stan/Eval criteria and safety mindset that flows down from USAF are critical. Unlikely to get that same influence from a non-DOD agency sponsor.

That said, a shift toward increased CAP support of HLS seems appropriate and inevitable.

Fortunately for us the Air Force is supposed to cooperate w other agencies and  having CAP to help implement that for SAR/DR is win/win.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: reidleonard on June 01, 2016, 05:59:33 PM
CAP Cadet and AFROTC orientation flights are also helpful to USAF recruiting.

I'm big on not perpetuating this idea. It's also wrong.

reidleonard

Yes, thanks - the recruiting thing was just something I was told once upon a time that sounds plausible but Ive never seen any supporting data. Should have stuck with what I know from experience to be true: O-flights, besides being fun, encourage a positive attitude toward aviation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk