Error in Ops Quals?

Started by disamuel, May 11, 2016, 03:53:25 PM

disamuel

I think there is an error in OpsQuals, related to the rating for Planning Section Chief.

My understanding is that if you want to be PSC, but come from AOBD, you must at least have been UDF or GTM-3 qualified at some point. If you come from GBD you need to have been at least a mission scanner. This makes sense to me in order to insure that the member has had at least minimum training on both sides of the house.

Today I wanted to check out a member who will be completing AOBD and I want him to start training for PSC. Then I saw this:

StatusFlag Planning Section Chief - Prerequisites
AOBD - Air Operations Branch Director: Personnel applying based on qualification as an AOBD requirement must also have been qualified as a mission scanner at one time.
GBD - Ground Branch Director: Personnel applying based on qualification as a GBD must have been qualified as a ground team or UDF team member at one time.
- No. of Required Tasks: 1

I think OpsQuals has it backward. Can someone help me understand?

Thank you.

RogueLeader

Weird.  I'll send that up the chain from my end.  Hopefully, it is just a data error.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

sardak

Our wing went through this exactly a year ago. At that time, the note about the pre-reqs of MS or UDF/GTM didn't appear at all (paper or electronic). A member submitted their PSC for approval being a GBD. Wing rejected it because the member hadn't been an MS. The member asked where that requirement was.

At that time, the answer from NHQ was that the original, before Ops Quals, paper SQTR (attached), which detailed the pre-reqs, prevailed over anything from Ops Quals. One of the emails from one of the higher HQs cited a Knowledgebase Q+A on this (without the answer ID number), but I couldn't find anything in the KB now.

It appears that when Ops Quals was revised to correct the oversight, new errors were created. The MS pre-req should be for GBD and UDF/GTM for AOBD.

Mike

disamuel

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I sent it up my chain.

disamuel

Just as a follow up, I reported this up through my chain of command, and the issue is resolved. Ops Quals has been updated and now reflects the requirement of cross training.