NCSA emails - Only Primaries?

Started by xray328, March 27, 2016, 02:48:11 PM

xray328

Do primaries only get an email that they were accepted? Does no email mean you're an alternate?

xray328

If you don't get an acceptance email should you assume you're an alternate? Or do they notify you either way?

Garibaldi

Quote from: xray328 on March 27, 2016, 03:31:17 PM
If you don't get an acceptance email should you assume you're an alternate? Or do they notify you either way?

...for...?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

xray328

Storm Chaser

Only those selected for NCSAs get a notification e-mail. Everyone else is considered an alternate, meaning if slots become available they'll go down the list and may notify you then. If there's an activity you didn't get selected for, but you're really interested in attending, I recommend keeping the dates open, as slots may become available at any time.

MSG Mac

Those primaries who have not accepted, made payment, or not completed the required paperwork by the deadline will be dropped and new primaries will be notified.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

xray328

Ok, thanks guys. Friends got emails so we're assuming she isn't a primary (E-Robotics)

RogueLeader

You can go in and check the status of an activity under "Activity Status." in the Registration and Payment System.

Just checked, and it's down until the 27th.  Anticipated.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

You can also see under the online payment if you are selected.  If you aren't, it should pop up a box with a notice that you aren't a primary for anything yet.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

FlightNut

Last year I got an auto email notifying me that I was an alternate. Funny enough, the NCSA I was applying to was also E-tech Robotics  :P 

xray328

Hmmm, you'd think all the emails would send out together. 

xray328

Well I guess alternates are notified after all

xray328

My daughters an alternate for both activities she applied for (cyber and robotics).  We're trying to figure out her odds of getting a slot and just wondering, on average, what percentage of cadets don't commit to their slots (for these and all other activities).

Are there any activities that typically don't fill that she should consider?

Thanks.