Fully digitized cadet files - have you done it?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, January 20, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Майор Хаткевич

I'm trying to fix the mess that is our cadet records. I've read in CAPR 10-2 that as long as electronic files meet the documentation requirements, they can replace paper copies.

So, has anyone done it? What do you included?

kwe1009

All of our personnel records are electronic (cadet and Senior).   Our Wing processes 2A's and 120's electronically so that makes it easy to just save a copy.  If there is a paper document, we just scan it and add it to the folder.

jeders

Quote from: kwe1009 on January 20, 2016, 03:18:13 AM
All of our personnel records are electronic (cadet and Senior).   Our Wing processes 2A's and 120's electronically so that makes it easy to just save a copy.  If there is a paper document, we just scan it and add it to the folder.

We do the same thing using Google Drive. Our records are currently fairly bare because the previous admin officer before me didn't really keep any records. As for the cadets, with most of the record keeping requirements being done with eServices, there's very little to keep in their digital file. We scan/take a picture of any paper certificates and forms and place them directly into their file. They can then keep or destroy the paper as they choose.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

kwe1009

Quote from: jeders on January 20, 2016, 03:30:44 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on January 20, 2016, 03:18:13 AM

We do the same thing using Google Drive. Our records are currently fairly bare because the previous admin officer before me didn't really keep any records. As for the cadets, with most of the record keeping requirements being done with eServices, there's very little to keep in their digital file. We scan/take a picture of any paper certificates and forms and place them directly into their file. They can then keep or destroy the paper as they choose.

Sounds exactly like my squadron!  I recreated all records about a year ago because the squadron had ZERO records on anyone.  We use Google Drive as well.  Makes life much easier.

Our cadet records are mostly copies of certificates and CAPF2A and 120's. 

TheSkyHornet

I've been really pushing for electronic files. We have a cabinet full of paperwork. It's a tornado.