Main Menu

Confusion

Started by KelleyF, December 26, 2015, 05:12:38 PM

KelleyF

Hi, here I am--asking CAPTalk, do to my ignorance of just going on YouTube and watching some 240p video about a topic.

Back to the topic,
As you all may know I'm new to CAP--that's why a couple weeks ago I asked those questions about uniforms and PT-- so I'm new to the encampment and NCSA thing, so two questions.

1.     Do I have to go to encampment before going to a NCSA?
2.     What is a good NCSA that is affordable and good for someone in the Airman ranks (because by summer I'll probably still be some type of an Airman)

Thanks,
Kelley F.

KelleyF

*When you use the wrong due*

lordmonar

Kelly,

Most NCSA's require that you have been to encampment before you apply. (there are a couple that don't).

As for all the rest......a lot of what makes an NCSA good is your personal interests.

Edited for spelling.  :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Garibaldi

Quote from: lordmonar on December 26, 2015, 06:02:38 PM
Kelly,

Most NCSA's require that you have been to encampment before you apply. (there are a couple that don't).

As for all the rest......a lot of what makes an NCSA good is your personnel interests.

Or even personal interest  >:D

But...I sent a cadet to NESA before she'd ever gone to encampment. She had a great time.

If you're interested in flying, I'd not bother applying to a flight encampment just yet.

Check the website to see what qualifications you need, then make a decision based on what lordmonar said. Your personal taste and career path in CAP should have some bearing on what you choose.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

MSG Mac

As stated with very few exceptions, you must have attended an encampment for NCSA's. This same information is clearly stated on the NCSA page.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

kirbahashi

Another thing to look at in regards to your second question.  Check to see if there are scholarships in your Wing.  In NATCAP there is a scholarship for NATCAP cadets attending NFA-P. 

Also, do not be afraid to go to your local organizations like the American Legion or Lions Club.  Write a letter telling them what you want to do, and how the NCSA will help you on your path.  The worst case scenario would be them turning you down.  Don't let the money distract you from your goals.  But it does boil down to what you like, and what you want to do. 

Being in WI, NBB is in your backyard.  So transportation costs would be cheap for you.  Also, if and when you get selected for an NCSA, find out if anyone else close to you is going to the same one.  Maybe you can share in the transportation burden and that could defray those costs.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk.

KelleyF

Thank you for your answers everyone. And MSG Mac, I would of checked that but it brings me to a 404 when I click on any pag3

KelleyF