Main Menu

IACE

Started by Pulsar, November 15, 2015, 11:27:16 PM

Pulsar

1. On the NCSA website thy still have the information for this years activity. However, they have the words:"slots for the coming year" above the slots box. Do they mean 2015 or 2016s slots?.

2. Do you have to have a passport before you apply?

3. What kind of things make you a better candidate?

4. Where can I find info on question 3?

5. Are some countries harder to be selected than others?

6. When is 2016s info released? Dec 1?
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

thebeggerpie

Quote from: Pulsar on November 15, 2015, 11:27:16 PM
1. On the NCSA website thy still have the information for this years activity. However, they have the words:"slots for the coming year" above the slots box. Do they mean 2015 or 2016s slots?.

2. Do you have to have a passport before you apply?

3. What kind of things make you a better candidate?

4. Where can I find info on question 3?

5. Are some countries harder to be selected than others?

I have never been to IACE, but I can tell you that if you are leaving the country WHATSOEVER, you need a passport. I'd get it before you apply, I think it's a two week process, just so you can go, "Look! I'm ready! Passport in hand!"

MSG Mac

The base requirements for IACE are:

Earnhardt Award
Have a passport
Age 17 (some countries require age 18)

Apply for the passport ASAP. It can take several weeks to receive it. Cost $90. A copy of the ID section must be sent with the secondary paperwork, if selected.

All secondary paperwork MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 30 DAYSOF SELECTION, or you will be dropped and the alternate selected.

Check the Special Acts selection criteria in E-services
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Гугл переводчик

Quote from: Pulsar on November 15, 2015, 11:27:16 PM

That's when you can apply. Info should be out by then.
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

Pulsar

What do they look for in a potential ambassador? What are some common pitfalls on the application to avoid?

Does anyone know around how many people apply for this each year?
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

MSG Mac

Most of your answers are in E-Services. Those about pitfalls can be addressed to your Wing CP Officer.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Offutteer

Have you read the IACE Selection process letter or the Ambassador's guide, both available on the IACE web site?  If you look at the numbers, it would be more difficult to get Israel with 2 slots, than the UK with 10 slots.  I do think those are the numbers for the last exchange, since they haven't updated the the dates or the supplemental yet.

Usually they have it updated already, but it should be up by 1 Dec.

I'll include the wording from the web site about passports, since it's written so well.

Passports
Several cadets have found it difficult to apply for their passport in time to meet the IACE deadline. If you are serious about applying, you might want to get your passport during your winter break. Passports are good for 10 years, if you are 17 or older.  See the Ambassador's Guide for information on how to apply for a passport.

Pulsar

Quote from: Offutteer on November 17, 2015, 10:24:25 PM
Have you read the IACE Selection process letter or the Ambassador's guide, both available on the IACE web site?  If you look at the numbers, it would be more difficult to get Israel with 2 slots, than the UK with 10 slots.  I do think those are the numbers for the last exchange, since they haven't updated the the dates or the supplemental yet.

Shouldn't it be affected by how popular the country is too? There probably aren't any statistics on what the most common countries cadets apply for are. Or is it probably pretty much even?
C/LtCol Neutron Star