Main Menu

TLC

Started by KatCAP, October 04, 2015, 03:19:59 AM

Jaison009

I would be interested.

Quote from: KatCAP on October 04, 2015, 03:19:59 AM
I may be putting on a online 5 week TLC course in January.  I am just trying to get a feel of howmany of you would be interested in attending.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: JeffDG on October 05, 2015, 02:37:47 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on October 05, 2015, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: winterg on October 05, 2015, 11:17:41 AM
My question is if the online TLC in your Wing is recognized in other Wings?  I'm sure it isn't approved for FLWG members since we cannot use the online SLS and CLC.

Why can't you?   That seems counterproductive to advancing in PD.  I took SLS in residence and my CLC online without any issues.  My CLC was hosted by Wyoming and we had people as far away as Hawaii as students. 

IMO your wing especially the PDO and CC should not have any issues with a member taking an online version of the course as long as the required curriculum is followed.

A minor note, but TLC is run by Cadet Programs, not PD.  Often they cooperate, but the wing DCP is responsible for administering TLC, not the PDO.

In my wing we try and run them during joint PD weekends, we'll do SLS and CLC then either UCC or TLC at the session.

Just curious---
Is that a Wing SOP or national CAP standard?

I'll be attending OHWG's PD session this month, to include TLC, and my understanding is that the PDO oversees it all.

LSThiker

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on October 09, 2015, 07:47:30 AM
Just curious---
Is that a Wing SOP or national CAP standard?

I'll be attending OHWG's PD session this month, to include TLC, and my understanding is that the PDO oversees it all.

The TLC is a program ran through Cadet Programs.  It may be that the PD officer and the CP officer work hand-in-hand to help host the activity, especially if it is ran in conjunction with SLS, CLC, UCC, etc.  Nevertheless, the program is administered through the Cadet Programs.  Although when you send the CAPF 11, it will still go to Personnel Services, which, from my understanding is then forwarded over to Curt LaFond for record keeping.

If you notice on page 5 of the TLC Director's guide, the person that is responsible for selecting a director is either the Echelon CC or Echelon DCP, although on page 2 it says the hosting commander. 

Stonewall

I am currently taking TLC online using Blackboard.  It's a beta test right now and headed by MDWG with support from NHQ.

It is working brilliantly!  It's a 5 week course with each module taking one week.  We provide feedback along the way as to how it's working out and the #1 agreement is to limit the online course to 12-15 members at a time because it has become challenging to read so many discussion responses.

POC is Maj Brenda A. Reed, CAP
Director, Public Affairs, Middle East Region
Director, Distance Education & e-Learning, Maryland Wing
Assistant e-Learning Coordinator, CAP National Headquarters
Serving since 1987.

LSThiker

Quote from: Stonewall on October 19, 2015, 01:59:05 AM
I am currently taking TLC online using Blackboard.

For some odd reason, I thought you had left CAP.

Stonewall

Quote from: LSThiker on October 19, 2015, 03:43:16 AM

CAP isn't that lucky.
Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

Wow... look who's back.  Could someone check this guys ID please?

PHall

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 19, 2015, 12:47:43 PM
Wow... look who's back.  Could someone check this guys ID please?

Right after we check yours Rob. >:D

Flying Pig

Check is in the mail.......

Although, I forgot the meeting was last night.  Ill need to get back into the swing of things.

Jaison009

:clap:
Quote from: Stonewall on October 19, 2015, 10:48:44 AM
Quote from: LSThiker on October 19, 2015, 03:43:16 AM

CAP isn't that lucky.