Cadet wear of Flight Suit

Started by CAPRAT123, August 09, 2015, 11:53:12 PM

CAPRAT123

So, when I was a young Airman First Class my CC who graduated two years of Glider Academy would wear his flight suit around all the time. He wore it to basic meetings of the UOD was BDU, to any outside activities, and etc. My question is since I graduated Glider Academy can I wear the flight suit? If so, to which activities?
Cadet Chief Master Sergeant
NER-PA-338 Cadet Leadership Officer (2015-Incumbent)
NER-PA-338 CAC Representative (2015-Incumbent)
NER-PA-239 Flight Sergeant (2013-2014)
NER-PA-239 CAC Repersentative (2012-2013)
NER Honor Guard Graduate 2014
NER Glider Academy Graduate 2014

LSThiker

What does CAPM 39-1, Chapter 8.1 say?

TheSkyHornet

CAPM 39-1
Quote8.1.1.1.
The USAF-style FDU and Corporate FDU (CFDU) are authorized functional
clothing for wear by individuals who perform aviation particular duties. Flight duty includes preparation,
preflight, in-flight, post-flight, and other flight related duties associated with aircraft operations
. The
FDU and CFDU are authorized for wear by personnel who have or previously had a CAP aeronautical
rating as defined by CAPR 35-6
, Aeronautical Ratings, Emergency Services Patch and Badges, and
Ground Team Badges, and/or have a current aircrew mission qualification (mission pilot, transport pilot,
observer, scanner, aerial photographer, etc.). Personnel who do not have a current aircrew mission
qualification or a current or prior aeronautical rating may be authorized wear of the FDU and CFDU on
days when actual flying is planned or anticipated. Wing commanders will determine when FDU and
CFDU wear is appropriate.

CAPR 35-6:
1. Aeronautical Ratings and Requirements. Requirements for CAP-member aeronautical ratings are:
a. CAP Cadet Pre-solo Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1, CAP Flight Management.
b. CAP Solo Pilot Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1.
f. CAP Glider Pilot Rating.
Qualified CAP pilot in accordance with CAPR 60-1 and hold at least a Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA) glider private pilot certificate.

CAPR 60-1:
1-3. Definition of Terms. All terminology is in accordance with 14 CFR (Federal Air
Regulation) Parts 1 or 61 except as follows:
j. CAP Solo Pilot – Student pilot qualified to solo CAP aircraft. Solo is limited to gliders
or single-engine land airplanes that are not complex, high performance (except C182 airplanes),
tailwheel, or ski/float equipped. Solo flight is considered to be flight instruction toward a private
pilot certificate under the supervision of a CAP Instructor Pilot.

3-7. Classification of CAP Pilots.
CAP pilots may operate a CAP aircraft according to the
classification of their experience and skills as follows:
(5) A "CAP Cadet Pre-solo" is not an aeronautical rating, but an award given at a
CAP wing level or higher flight encampment/academy, to a CAP student pilot who successfully
performs a fight demonstrating to an onboard CAP certificated flight instructor (CFI), that he/she
has the ability to fly the aircraft without assistance from the onboard CAP CFI.

If you are a cadet undergoing training, qualified to solo, or received your private pilot glider certification, then you qualify to wear the Flight Duty Uniform (flight suit). It is to be worn for flight duties only, meaning you have to be planning or expecting to be handling aircraft, pre-flighting, operating, etc. Wing commanders may authorize wear of the uniform under other circumstances.

The local flying squadron commander near me authorizes wear of the FDU for Senior Members only if they choose on days when BDUs would be worn, even if the Seniors are not acting in a flight duty capacity. Cadets are not authorized to wear the FDU under any circumstance, unless flying if they are qualified to wear it. Otherwise, they wear BDUs when working with the aircraft on the ground.

lordmonar

Not quite but close

Either way check with you squadron commander foe when you can wear the flight suit.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Cadet Snuffy

I'm able to wear one because I have mission scanner qualification, but a new one cost over 200 bucks, so I wouldn't mess with it. But, if you really want one and want to wear it, ask your squadron commander or DCC. The DCC at my squadron authorized a cadet at mine to wear his on BDU nights. But again, unless you can find one for a good price, why spend 200 something bucks on one when you can just wear your BDUs which you already have? unless your in a plane, there's not really a reason to wear it to meetings besides it looks cool. 
future pilot

abdsp51

Quote from: Cadet Snuffy on October 15, 2015, 11:20:15 PM
I'm able to wear one because I have mission scanner qualification, but a new one cost over 200 bucks, so I wouldn't mess with it. But, if you really want one and want to wear it, ask your squadron commander or DCC. The DCC at my squadron authorized a cadet at mine to wear his on BDU nights. But again, unless you can find one for a good price, why spend 200 something bucks on one when you can just wear your BDUs which you already have? unless your in a plane, there's not really a reason to wear it to meetings besides it looks cool.

I hope you are 18.

Cadet Snuffy

I'm actually 19. I got qualified in AC this past May.
future pilot

Full time cadet

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 16, 2015, 12:13:44 AM

I hope you are 18.

You need to be 18 to train and be part of an aircrew.

Full time cadet

Quote from: Cadet Snuffy on October 16, 2015, 01:58:32 AM

Hey!!! Wright Brothers and Aircrew? Nice. I am too, but just got promoted to tech a while ago. I don't really see Enlisted cadets do aircrew that much.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Full time cadet on October 16, 2015, 03:49:46 AM
Quote from: Cadet Snuffy on October 16, 2015, 01:58:32 AM

Hey!!! Wright Brothers and Aircrew? Nice. I am too, but just got promoted to tech a while ago. I don't really see Enlisted cadets do aircrew that much.

What's an enlisted cadet?

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Quote from: Full time cadet on October 16, 2015, 03:46:14 AM

I hope you are 18.

I am well aware of the requirements padawan,  hence the question being posed.  Never assume.

Cadet Snuffy

I'm aware I need to be 18 to be a part of an aircrew. Because I am on an aircrew.
future pilot

Cadet Snuffy

I hope you are 18.

I'm aware because I'm on one lol I don't know why people are telling me that over and over when it's clear I already know
future pilot

abdsp51

Quote from: Cadet Snuffy on October 16, 2015, 04:41:01 AM

I hope you are 18.

I'm aware because I'm on one lol I don't know why people are telling me that over and over when it's clear I already know

Your sig rack and ID will bring it to question. 

Glenn Quagmire

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 16, 2015, 04:49:20 AM

I hope you are 18.

What's the big deal? What's makes it questionable? If it's possible for a cadet it's possible for a cadet good god shut up!

Glenn Quagmire

don't start an argument you can't pull out of! Giggidy....... Point being this went from talking about flight suits to if sunffy over there really is a MS or not. STAY ON TOP.....IC. Topic. Yeah, stay on topic.

moist66

I hope you are 18.

Just because this cadet only a C/SSgt doesn't mean that they have less experience, or are inferior to any other cadet because of their CAP grade. As his ribbon rack shows, although promoting hasn't been a priority for him, he has attended three NCSAs, an  encampment, has been in CAP for at least two years, and has received a wing commander's commendation. Ribbon racks and insignia don't tell everything about a cadet.

Glenn Quagmire

Quote from: moist66 on October 16, 2015, 06:19:35 AM

I hope you are 18.

Just because this cadet only a C/SSgt doesn't mean that they have less experience, or are inferior to any other cadet because of their CAP grade. As his ribbon rack shows, although promoting hasn't been a priority for him, he has attended three NCSAs, an  encampment, has been in CAP for at least two years, and has received a wing commander's commendation. Ribbon racks and insignia don't tell everything about a cadet.
Hey there! I like your user. ALL RIGHT! GIGGIDY GIGGIDY GOO!

Гугл переводчик

What is happening with this thread...
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

Glenn Quagmire

NON YA THATS WHAT!

Just kidding. People keep saying "you have to be 18" to a guy that's on an aircrew and everyone is secondguessing if he really is or not.

Cadet Snuffy

Iiiiiiiiim gonna un-involve my self at this point. I said my piece. This is just creepy now. Point being I am qualified. If you want proof pm me and I'll give you my name and you can see for your self on eservices.
future pilot

Full time cadet

I hope you are 18.

I know a Cadet Tech Sgt at NESA. 7 yrs in cap have not promoted in 6 years, 546 flight hours. Got qualified TMP and Mission Pilot. He's pretty darn good for a pilot. He even holds Spaatz promotion boards.

moist66

Quote from: Full time cadet on October 16, 2015, 06:44:09 AM

I hope you are 18.

I know a Cadet Tech Sgt at NESA. 7 yrs in cap have not promoted in 6 years, 546 flight hours. Got qualified TMP and Mission Pilot. He's pretty darn good for a pilot. He even holds Spaatz promotion boards.

Exactly my point. Although, if possible, cadets should make an attempt to promote after a certain amount of time. But, obviously, not everybody has the time to do that, since it is a volunteer organization, not a career.

Cadet Snuffy

THANK YOU! Just becuse I'm low ranking doesnt mean it's not possible. Because it is. And aparently tonight is family guy night. Hey Glenn! Where's Peter , Joe, and Cleveland? And moist, I do more events and activities than I do promotions, I can promote anytime but can't do all activities anytime. So, there is a reason to it, it's not laziness or lack of ablity to promote.
future pilot

abdsp51

Few things here.

1) 7 years as a cadet and hasn't promoted grounds for termination and not allowing participation in activities
2) Spaatz awards and boards are way above his level so I call BS on this one.

Bottom line when things don't add up and jive questions will be asked and eyebrows raised.  It looked funny something was said BLUF if someone does not like it then they should not put themselves in a position to have questions raised.

Cadet Snuffy

They may say if you don't promote for a year you get kicked out, but only if someone says something about it and actually takes action. If they don't promote and the squadron commander thinks they are doing well at that rank with out promotion, they might not really care and don't do anything about it. So it is possible. I know multiple cadets who haven't promoted in years and yet they are still in the program. It's not your spot to say if they should be terminated or not. That's up to their chain of command to deal with. Not you. It's also not your job to be the police and say what quals someone does/does not have so, yeah. Dont. It annoys people. I know I have that qual, so I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. As far as I'm concerned, discussion closed. Stop being the true/false police. It's not your job. This is a discussion bord. Not a frigging cap event. So why do you even care what's what?
future pilot

moist66

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 16, 2015, 07:09:30 AM

Few things here.

1) 7 years as a cadet and hasn't promoted grounds for termination and not allowing participation in activities

Bottom line when things don't add up and jive questions will be asked and eyebrows raised.  It looked funny something was said BLUF if someone does not like it then they should not put themselves in a position to have questions raised.

Grounds for termination, at the discretion of his squadron commander. Obviously, his squadron commander is not kicking him out for a reason. I do agree with you on the Spaatz award promotion boards thing, but again, it is at the discretion of his squadron commander. If his squadron commander determines that he has the experience and everything needed to do those, then his CAP grade does not matter.

Cadet Snuffy

Quote from: moist66 on October 16, 2015, 07:20:59 AM

Few things here.

Grounds for termination, at the discretion of his squadron commander. Obviously, his squadron commander is not kicking him out for a reason. I do agree with you on the Spaatz award promotion boards thing, but again, it is at the discretion of his squadron commander. If his squadron commander determines that he has the experience and everything needed to do those, then his CAP grade does not matter.

Exactly. So see? Go check your facts. What are you? A 14 year old? Lol go read one of discussions on Cadets being to young to join and saying crap they don't fully understand.
future pilot

Cadet Snuffy

My last statement wasn't pointed at you moist, it was to the jerkoff that is being annoying.
future pilot

Cadet Snuffy

There. No signature rack so no more [farg]ing discussions from [censored]s. I'm ending this retarded fight.  :clap: I'm not going to defend my qualifications to some jerkoff that has nothing better to do all day than sit at their desk and piss people off.
future pilot

abdsp51

Few things here.

Spaatz is not handled at the squadron or group level so it is not the squadron commanders decision on who to hold the board for it so yeah sorry that's still bs.

moist66

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 16, 2015, 07:41:47 AM

Few things here.

Spaatz is not handled at the squadron or group level so it is not the squadron commanders decision on who to hold the board for it so yeah sorry that's still bs.

By changing the subject to the Spaatz award, it shows that you have no valid argument pertinent to the current discussion, and that you completely missed my point. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you, because honestly, I know that I'm right, and I don't care if you think so, or if you won't acknowledge that I am.

Cadet Snuffy

You really are good at being irritating. you know that?
future pilot

Cadet Snuffy

OUHHHHH BURRRRRRNNNNN! Good job their moist!
future pilot

Glenn Quagmire

Quote from: moist66 on October 16, 2015, 07:45:56 AM

Few things here.

By changing the subject to the Spaatz award, it shows that you have no valid argument pertinent to the current discussion, and that you completely missed my point. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you, because honestly, I know that I'm right, and I don't care if you think so, or if you won't acknowledge that I am.

DEEEEEEESTROYED

abdsp51

Quote from: Cadet Snuffy on October 16, 2015, 07:18:18 AM
They may say if you don't promote for a year you get kicked out, but only if someone says something about it and actually takes action. If they don't promote and the squadron commander thinks they are doing well at that rank with out promotion, they might not give a [darn] and don't do anything about it. So it is possible. I know multiple cadets who haven't promoted in years and yet they are still in the program. It's not your spot to say if they should be terminated or not. That's up to their chain of command to deal with. Not you. It's also not your job to be an [censored] and say what quals someone does/does not have so, yeah. Dont. It annoys people. I know I have that qual, so I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. As far as I'm concerned, discussion closed. Stop being the true/false police. It's not your job. As I said, if you don't believe it, Message me and I'll give you my name and you can check it on eservices and boy will you feel like a jackass when you see you where wrong.

First off I have not said that were not qualed or unqualed, but you getting pissy about it especially after you have stated that everyone asks you that is enough to show that maybe you just don't get the position you placed yourself in.

Second you need to check yourself and not act like a spoiled brat when things are said that are written and enforceable.  At no time did I say terminate I said it was grounds for termination and withholding activities get your facts straight. 

If you're legit then you shouldn't have any issues saying hey this is the deal if you're not then well there's issues at your unit, group and wing.  And I would strongly recommend you watch your language as foul language or the subversion of is grounds to have your account suspended or you banned.  If you don't like being questioned about it then don't put yourself in the position to be questioned about it.

abdsp51

Few things here.

I recommend you go back and read 52-16 in regards to the Spaatz process, you don't know what you are talking about in that regards.

abdsp51

Quote from: Glenn Quagmire on October 16, 2015, 07:50:22 AM

Few things here.

DEEEEEEESTROYED

Hardly but that's the type of post I would expect from a troll.

abdsp51

Quote from: Cadet Snuffy on October 16, 2015, 07:46:04 AM
You really are good at being irritating. you know that?

If you can't handle the facts, then bounce like you said you were going to do.

Glenn Quagmire

So looks like we have a fight on our hands!

moist66

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 16, 2015, 07:52:20 AM

Few things here.

I recommend you go back and read 52-16 in regards to the Spaatz process, you don't know what you are talking about in that regards.

Wow, going back to the Spaatz argument. Now, I know it might be hard for you to wrap your head around, but nobody ever argued about the Spaatz award thing until you ran out of ammo for your argument. It was simply used as supporting evidence. Either way, you won't ever have to worry about the process for the Spaatz award. (If you didn't get that last sentence, you're proving my point)

abdsp51

Quote from: moist66 on October 16, 2015, 07:56:55 AM

Few things here.

Wow, going back to the Spaatz argument. Now, I know it might be hard for you to wrap your head around, but nobody ever argued about the Spaatz award thing until you ran out of ammo for your argument. It was simply used as supporting evidence. Either way, you won't ever have to worry about the process for the Spaatz award. (If you didn't get that last sentence, you're proving my point)

You don't know if I will or will not have to worry about so thats a mute point. 

moist66

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 16, 2015, 08:04:43 AM

Few things here.

Based on the level of mental capacity that you have shown throughout this thread, I think I have a pretty good idea.

moist66

Quote from: moist66 on October 16, 2015, 08:06:00 AM

Quote from: abdsp51 on October 16, 2015, 08:04:43 AM

Few things here.

Based on the level of mental capacity that you have shown throughout this thread, I think I have a pretty good idea.

Do you need one of these?

abdsp51

Quote from: moist66 on October 16, 2015, 08:06:00 AM

There are no issues with my mental capacity, something didn't look right a question was posed, person got butt hurt about it.  I could go on about the definitive violations of regs that have been aired here but it be lost on you guys and really not worth my energy. 

But hey if that's the chosen culture of the units and above for those folks then hey more power to them. And no my feelings are not hurt in the slightest. 

moist66

Sorry I hurt your feelings bud. Well, I have better things to do in my life than sit here and argue with you about stupid stuff, so I'm done with this thread. Don't try to reel me back into the argument; it won't work.

JC004