Vanguard Addition

Started by LSThiker, August 03, 2015, 05:05:14 AM

LSThiker

Any one else notice that Vanguard is now selling corporate grey trousers for males & females as well as corporate blazer jackets?  A push for standardizing these colors?

JC004

*shrug*  so did the Bookstore.  nothing new

Fubar

Probably just smart marketing. I mean, if you can get away with selling pants for $53, especially if they are of the same quality as the polo shirts, that's a tidy profit.

It will be up to us existing members to remind new folks that these are not "official" pants and that the grey pants they already have in the dresser or can be found at a much cheaper cost in their local clothing store are likely sufficient. Just like we do for the other clothing options Vanguard sells at a much higher price than elsewhere.

But between new members who will easily be confused and those that just find it easier to order everything at once and be done with it, it's a smart move by Vanguard.

NIN

Speaking of polo shirt quality, several of my new seniors have new polos in the last 30-45 days and Vanguard had *finally* corrected the CAP Seal (grey background, not light blue) and the shirts appear to be a much nicer quality shirt.

I got my shirt about 90 days ago, now I have shirt envy. :(

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JC004

My white seal version has the seal way off-center of the pocket...

MacGruff

I just got a new polo to replace one that was aging "ungracefully" to say the least. Noticed that the CAP seal is much larger. Am I the only one to notice?

(Maybe I'm one of the first to order this item recently???)    >:D

NIN

it is slightly larger (maybe 5% or more?) and I think the embroidery is much more crisp.

IIRC, the thread count is up there, something like 30,000 stitches or some crazy #
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MacGruff

Is that all it is? 5%???    :-\

I agree that the embroidery is much better, that's what originally caught my attention and made me compare the two shirts.

JC004

Quote from: MacGruff on August 04, 2015, 12:07:49 AM
Is that all it is? 5%???    :-\

I agree that the embroidery is much better, that's what originally caught my attention and made me compare the two shirts.

Pics?

Brad

I bought my first golf shirt when I first got into CAP back in 2007. I recently bought a new one, and I am readily impressed with the improvement in quality. Disclaimer, I bought the one with my name and wings on it, and my first one was just the blank one with the CAP seal. so that may make a difference.

That said, the shirt material itself is different. It's been changed from a light almost t-shirt like material to an actual knit twill that has weight to it, much like a good commercial golf shirt with the rough feel to it.

Additionally, and much to my delight, the CAP seal shows very little puckering after washing, unlike my first shirt, wherein the seal looks like it got ran over by a truck and all bent out of shape.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Holding Pattern

Quote from: NIN on August 03, 2015, 10:21:35 AM
Speaking of polo shirt quality, several of my new seniors have new polos in the last 30-45 days and Vanguard had *finally* corrected the CAP Seal (grey background, not light blue) and the shirts appear to be a much nicer quality shirt.

My procrastination saves me yet again!

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on September 15, 2015, 11:18:32 PM
Quote from: NIN on August 03, 2015, 10:21:35 AM

My procrastination saves me yet again!

They're still marketing it as the light blue. So are they selling something other than what's pictured?

I don't understand what's so hard about a clothing provider taking an official image and putting it onto a shirt, getting the colors right, at least in the ballpark.

SARDOC

I'm curious if Vanguard is just selling the Bookstore Surplus and just doubling the price.   >:D

SarDragon

I'm sure any left over Bookstore stuff is long gone.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret