Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2017, 09:28:34 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Uniform Tips
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print
Author Topic: Uniform Tips  (Read 17669 times)
spatch

Unit: WI-153

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2016, 11:34:30 AM »

Yes, what was once white is now yellow.  Don't have time to buy a new one as I need to be ready by Friday evening.  Bought the original 8 years ago, if that helps.  Even if I didn't need it so soon, I'd prefer to try to clean/restore it before buying a new one.
Al Sayre
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: SER-MS-001

Mississippi Wing
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 11:42:38 AM »

You could try something like those kits they sell to clean up faded/fogged headlights... Beyond that replacing it is the only sure fix I know of.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787
Hummingbird

Unit: NER-NY-390

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2016, 01:54:33 PM »

Quick tip for loosely aligning insignia without tools and in a hurry:

Fold the shirt/blouse backwards (along the "spine", to give a reference) and line each half of the collar up with the other. Then make sure that it's a mirror image. Did this to help someone fix their stuff in a hurry before a uniform inspection. Even if it's not quite the right distance from each edge it'll look a bit better.
C/SSgtHummingbird CAP
(Almost) low man on the totem pole
NER-NY-390 (Vanguard)
TheSkyHornet

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2016, 01:57:38 PM »

I finally came to the point where I had to refer to this post to find the thread # for the patches.

You should have seen me standing in the store aisle trying to figure out which threads were blue and which were purple (color deficient)  :-\
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »

I finally came to the point where I had to refer to this post to find the thread # for the patches.

You should have seen me standing in the store aisle trying to figure out which threads were blue and which were purple (color deficient)  :-\

I may have to change the colors.  We'll see.  Might just be #4900 (Navy).
TheSkyHornet

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »

Great. Another excursion around Jo-Ann Fabric like a lost little lamb
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2016, 04:24:25 AM »

Great. Another excursion around Jo-Ann Fabric like a lost little lamb

If it's #4900, that's available pretty much everywhere. 
MSG Mac

Unit: MER-MD-071

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2016, 04:37:04 PM »

When cleaning Corfam/Poremic shoes use a soft dry cloth and nonabrasive soap. dish soap or shaving cream works wonders
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2016, 04:01:45 AM »

Windex worked well for me, followed by a wipe with a cloth having a light spritz of Pledge. Light spritz, barely wetting the cloth.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
JC004
[Insert Cool Title Here]
Global Moderator

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2016, 05:15:17 PM »

I'd like to resume working on this project of compiling uniform tips into a guide, now that I am getting caught up on a number of post-hospital projects. 

I'd like to have a printable version (that individual members can print, or you can distribute during classes) and a web version to which you can easily point your members.
docrameous
Recruit

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »

Posted from another thread... if you take your ABU/BDU to a tailor and you are not certain they understand the regs for putting on your occupational badges, show them this graphic (in addition to the relevant text out of 39-1)

oweng_01
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2017, 06:49:03 PM »

dose anyone know if your allowed to military press your AF blues uniform? Over all good article.
Jester
Forum Regular

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »

dose anyone know if your allowed to military press your AF blues uniform? Over all good article.

If you mean "military creases" with 2 running down the front and 3 running down the back, then no.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Uniform Tips